the app icon minimizes and launches web browser w/ facebook.com... then the 'FB app' closes. hilarious.
    03-15-16 02:51 PM
    Not actually the case and judging by the angry response in this thread I would say a lot of people do use it. Facebook and Whatsapp are the two of the biggest and most used (if not the 2 biggest) third party apps in the world. So yes you may not have use for them but it is definitely not a good sign for BB10 as a consumer platform.
    It's not a consumer platform anymore people clearly haven't been seeing the signs in fact Blackberry is now a services company first and foremost a device company second even the executives have been saying it
    03-15-16 02:54 PM
    You guys really need to update to the priv and leave all this second rate app situation behind.

Get your money's worth. Why continue to suffer for no good reason??? You do or die folks are on some other sh...

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv�
    Nah, if I'm going to upgrade, it will be to an iphone.
    03-15-16 02:54 PM
    Not actually the case and judging by the angry response in this thread I would say a lot of people do use it. Facebook and Whatsapp are the two of the biggest and most used (if not the 2 biggest) third party apps in the world. So yes you may not have use for them but it is definitely not a good sign for BB10 as a consumer platform.
    It wasn't an angry response.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 02:56 PM
    I don't have twitter, someone tweet @theseCawkSuccers and ask if this is a temporary update or if they will be revamping it to be integrated into the hub again

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 03:00 PM
    It is the other way around. Some people only need Facebook and Watsapp.
    Last year I was traveling a lot with the bus for a couple of months, I didn't do that for a long time. I was surprised to see that everyone used their smartphones looking on facebook what everybody does, eats or ****t. For the love of God, some of them were having conversations with people near but their eyes were always on facebook.
    You need to chat with someone, there are plenty of apps that do the same thing Watsapp does, some even better.
    You wanna know what your friend is doing? Call him, text him, go and have a beer with him.
    So for me and maybe for other the fact that we don't have an app for facebook or Watsapp doesn't mean we need an Android device.
    If I will eventually need to buy an Android device it will not be a Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    I don't disagree that most of us consumers do want and use FaceBook. I had talked my daughter into a Z10 a little over two years ago... fortunately she just upgraded to an iPhone (and loves it). If she where still having to use the Z10 with this Facebook "change", it would have been just another "why did you tell me to get a BlackBerry".

But I "think" most BB10 sales at this point are to highly regulated industry or goverment... those are now BlackBerry's customers. At this point the consumer and prosumer are SOL. As BlackBerry isn't in a position to give those customers what they need - Upgraded Runtime, New Hardware, Updated Apps and even new Apps. let alone upgrading the OS.
    03-15-16 03:02 PM
    I don't have twitter, someone tweet @theseCawkSuccers and ask if this is a temporary update or if they will be revamping it to be integrated into the hub again

Posted via CB10
    I assume that's why Bla1ze hasn't put anything on the front page about it. I bet he is trying to find out if this really is the future of Facebook on BB10.
    03-15-16 03:05 PM
    I don't disagree that most of us consumers do want and use FaceBook. I had talked my daughter into a Z10 a little over two years ago... fortunately she just upgraded to an iPhone (and loves it). If she where still having to use the Z10 with this Facebook "change", it would have been just another "why did you tell me to get a BlackBerry".

But I "think" most BB10 sales at this point are to highly regulated industry or goverment... those are now BlackBerry's customers. At this point the consumer and prosumer are SOL. As BlackBerry isn't in a position to give those customers what they need - Upgraded Runtime, New Hardware, Updated Apps and even new Apps. let alone upgrading the OS.
    Yes, you are right. I was just making a comment on the ideea that if you don't have Facebook app and Watsapp on your BlackBerry then your BlackBerry is not a smartphone, or something like that.

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    03-15-16 03:07 PM
    I assume that's why Bla1ze hasn't put anything on the front page about it. I bet he is trying to find out if this really is the future of Facebook on BB10.
    May be Bla1ze himself is in shock, he wasn't expecting this like most of us ,the future is set for all bb10 users, we just got our A** Kicked

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 03:09 PM
    This is horrible. I'm not updating. How can anyone use Facebook without the notifications??? And if it's just a web browser, why is it 24 mb???
    03-15-16 03:11 PM
    Looks like Face10 is it now. Nemory will continue to develop hopefully and make it better and better. Disappointed that they change the app to become a browser shortcut though.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 03:12 PM
    Nemory's apps are garbage but I guess if that's our only option..

Posted via CB10
    LuvULongTime and BBRYed like this.
    03-15-16 03:12 PM
    Another question. Why doesn't Facebook create the app for BlackBerry 10?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 03:14 PM
    What makes you think anyone else's app will work beyond 3/31st if BB's don't. Not like Nemory or anyone has access to api that BB doesn't. Just saying.
    03-15-16 03:16 PM
    Another question. Why doesn't Facebook create the app for BlackBerry 10?

Posted via CB10
    They want us to switch to Priv and make it a success

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 03:17 PM
    Especially with bb's outdated browser, using facebook.com is even more of a drag. It's not fluent, it's laggy, and it's just a fricken Web page. There is no usability if you're actually looking to enjoy it

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 03:19 PM
    I doubt FB cares if you use a Priv or a BB10. Why would Fb care to promote the Priv?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 03:19 PM
    I doubt FB cares if you use a Priv or a BB10. Why would Fb care to promote the Priv?
    Fb won't care but Chenny would!!

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 03:21 PM
    The Facebook app on Google play store won't sign in

Posted Via CB10 from Z30 OS 10.3.2.2836 
    03-15-16 03:22 PM
    Fun fact:

The BlackBerry PlayBook now offers better Facebook integration than BB10.

BlackBerry 10, Passport signed.
    f1mx, ppeters914, eldricho and 4 others like this.
    03-15-16 03:26 PM
    Fun fact:

The BlackBerry PlayBook now offers better Facebook integration than BB10.

Does it still work or integrate with contacts/calendar? I haven't had one in years but it was pretty buggy by the time I sold mine.
    03-15-16 03:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    As Blaze stated in his article, for Android and IOS facebook is developing their own app. If BlackBerry doesn't have the correct APIs they cannot make a good app. So, in my opinion, it is not BlackBerrys fault.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 03:44 PM
    Does it still work or integrate with contacts/calendar? I haven't had one in years but it was pretty buggy by the time I sold mine.
    The timeline for the app is pretty broken but it does do messenger/contact/calendar. Will probably also stop at the end of the month, but they haven't specifically mentioned it in the announcement.

03-15-16 03:59 PM
    Well that's sad..

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 04:00 PM
    I think f5 for facebook of face10+messenger10 are going to be the best replacements for facebook app
    03-15-16 04:01 PM
616 ... 23456 ...