does this mean that were going to lose integration with contacts as well? BB is getting pathetic and just one more reason why I will have switch over.. Really sad news
    Have you read the previous posts or the release notes in BlackBerry World?

Posted from my  Zed 10 via CB10
    03-15-16 01:15 PM
    What a major fail. Shame on BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    acovey and Barbareren like this.
    03-15-16 01:15 PM
    You guys really need to update to the priv and leave all this second rate app situation behind.

Get your money's worth. Why continue to suffer for no good reason??? You do or die folks are on some other sh...

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv�
    Surely, and in no time BlackBerry will announce their retirement from handset business, so why to give put our money on dying horse when we have the better options just because it has a keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-15-16 01:17 PM
    does this mean that were going to lose integration with contacts as well? BB is getting pathetic and just one more reason why I will have switch over.. Really sad news
    Don't think you can integrate Facebook contacts with phone contacts on any platform anymore only ones that had their phone number on their profile definitely couldn't on iPhone had to use sync me app
    Bure03 likes this.
    03-15-16 01:26 PM
    As the update forces a deletion of the Facebook account from your BB10 device, it will remove all the contact info.

This is a game changer for me now. It is so sad to see BlackBerry in this situation, but they are victims of their own negligence.

If their venture into Android is not successful then that could mark the end of the handset side of the business

Posted via CB10
    Bure03 likes this.
    03-15-16 01:28 PM
    24MB for a simple browser shortcut!? Weird...

BlackBerry OS10 � It ain't over until it's over! White Passport...
    03-15-16 01:30 PM
    You guys really need to update to the priv and leave all this second rate app situation behind.

Get your money's worth. Why continue to suffer for no good reason??? You do or die folks are on some other sh...

Now why would I want to waste my money on one of those?

Posted via CB10
    ssbtech and Barbareren like this.
    03-15-16 01:43 PM
    Now why would I want to waste my money on one of those?

Posted via CB10
    No point in wasting your money on Android offered by BlackBerry which is highly overpriced, future uncertain, and most important is to get ready to be backstabbed anytime, 'it didn't do well we closing handset business'

Posted via CB10
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    03-15-16 01:50 PM
    Please Retweet. They only just fixed the Twitter app so let's use that to bombard them with complaints for this dumb move!

https://twitter.com/ForTheArchives/s...13125185445888

"@BlackBerry @BlackBerryHelp: Facebook for BB10 app downgrade? No more Hub/Contacts/Calendar?! Is this what you call "commitment to BB10"? 👎"

BlackBerry 10, Passport signed.
    RezzaBuh likes this.
    03-15-16 01:53 PM
    same thing happened to Badoo in OS 7.1 they updated from app to web shortcut
    03-15-16 01:55 PM
    Please Retweet. They only just fixed the Twitter app so let's use that to bombard them with complaints for this dumb move!

https://twitter.com/ForTheArchives/s...13125185445888

"@BlackBerry @BlackBerryHelp: Facebook for BB10 app downgrade? No more Hub/Contacts/Calendar?! Is this what you call "commitment to BB10"? 👎"

So you're encouraging people to make the BlackBerry Twitter handlers life's harder?
    I'll pass thanks

Posted via CB10
    frodebh likes this.
    03-15-16 01:57 PM
    No point in wasting your money on Android offered by BlackBerry which is highly overpriced, future uncertain, and most important is to get ready to be backstabbed anytime, 'it didn't do well we closing handset business'

Posted via CB10
    Exactly + like seriously, it's a bloody Slider and it's huge... do they think I have clowns pockets or something?
    My �80 Nexus 5 will so do me nicely

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    03-15-16 01:59 PM
    @$30 USD, the Lumina 640 is looking mighty nice to have around as a spare.
    PantherBlitz and Jay Wright2 like this.
    03-15-16 02:00 PM
    So you're encouraging people to make the BlackBerry Twitter handlers life's harder?
    I'll pass thanks

Posted via CB10
    I'm encouraging people to use the only feedback method left to us, so we can let them know "just get another OS" is not customer commitment and not something you just dump on your existing customers with only a few weeks notice. Even WhatsApp had the courtesy to give a years notice, and they are still even updating their app until then!

I'm a BlackBerry fan, but I sure as hell am not going to let them act proud of their Priv/android venture and promote it to friends when their last three big projects have been all but officially abandoned.

acovey and Barbareren like this.
    03-15-16 02:02 PM
    Exactly + like seriously, it's a bloody Slider and it's huge... do they think I have clowns pockets or something?
    My �80 Nexus 5 will so do me nicely

Posted via CB10
    And we have seen their 'commitment to bb10 ' by 2 most imp apps to be doomed (facebook remove from hub is as good as doomed) so make sure if anyone switching to Priv to get ready to be kick in their a** by blackbit***s

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 02:04 PM
    I'm encouraging people to use the only feedback method left to us, so we can let them know "just get another OS" is not customer commitment and not something you just dump on your existing customers with only a few weeks notice. Even WhatsApp had the courtesy to give a years notice, and they are still even updating their app until then!

I'm a BlackBerry fan, but I sure as hell am not going to let them act proud of their Priv/android venture and promote it to friends when their last three big projects have been all but officially abandoned.

I was a huge BlackBerry fan pouring money from Torch2, Z10,Z30 and now Passport and recommended most of my friends to switch bb10 because of its unique features but with this BlackBerry has proved their intentions that they don't want to be into handset business and why are they so silent? They don't even care about this forum /website 'Crackberry' they are just doing it so that they could make their corporate enterprises switch to Priv, really sucks

Posted via CB10
    Leonatthebeach likes this.
    03-15-16 02:07 PM

What's the point?

If the torrent of abuse and complaints from the past 3 years wasn't enough to make them realise then nothing will.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 02:08 PM
    What's the point?

If the torrent of abuse and complaints from the past 3 years wasn't enough to make them realise then nothing will.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, we are just smashing our head to the rock

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 02:15 PM
    Just wondering how many more signs people need for BB10 lol
    JeepBB and LuvULongTime like this.
    03-15-16 02:19 PM
    I already use face10 for the hub notifications since the original app doesn't display all notifications properly. The only reason I have fb app still installed is the contacts integration. Can sum1 whose already upgraded say if that still works.

Posted via  Z❿
    After update it forces you to sign out of Facebook account on your phone and it removes all related information...

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2813
    03-15-16 02:27 PM

No, we don't really need to update to the Priv. Some of us are making a choice in the smartphone area, not in the facebook area. Your comment is for people that uses their smartphone for facebook like 90% of the usage time and I don't think those people own a BlackBerry. Or at least the most of them.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 02:31 PM
    Just wondering how many more signs people need for BB10 lol

I bet most of BlackBerry's "niche" customers.... really only need a phone that has email capabilities and is highly manageable.

Facebook, Twitter, maybe even the browser would have all been locked down anyway.

So it's those customers that BlackBerry is really commited to.... the ones that they don't have to do much for anyway.
    LuvULongTime and Rello like this.
    03-15-16 02:33 PM
    No, we don't really need to update to the Priv. Some of us are making a choice in the smartphone area, not in the facebook area. Your comment is for people that uses their smartphone for facebook like 90% of the usage time and I don't think those people own a BlackBerry. Or at least the most of them.

Posted via CB10
    Not actually the case and judging by the angry response in this thread I would say a lot of people do use it. Facebook and Whatsapp are the two of the biggest and most used (if not the 2 biggest) third party apps in the world. So yes you may not have use for them but it is definitely not a good sign for BB10 as a consumer platform.
    03-15-16 02:34 PM
    Yah, but if you look at Nemory's coding it is simply inefficient
    In the past, he's used workarounds to get hub notification
    I don't know if he's using the same code, but he used to just have a timer to scan for updates every so often (meaning no push) resulting in battery drain. On top of that, his headless timer would crap out very often, so he had to create another app users had to install to keep the headless components of his apps running
    Not to bash a dev, but I've never used a single one of Nemory's apps WITHOUT huge issues. Whether it's Face10, Dater, Inst10, they always freeze, or freeze the entire phone, or don't refresh, or double display info, or require a reboot to get working properly... plus he isn't answering my customer inquiries. I've wasted a lot of money with his apps

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 02:39 PM
    I bet most of BlackBerry's "niche" customers.... really only need a phone that has email capabilities and is highly manageable.

Facebook, Twitter, maybe even the browser would have all been locked down anyway.

So it's those customers that BlackBerry is really commited to.... the ones that they don't have to do much for anyway.
    It is the other way around. Some people only need Facebook and Watsapp.
    Last year I was traveling a lot with the bus for a couple of months, I didn't do that for a long time. I was surprised to see that everyone used their smartphones looking on facebook what everybody does, eats or ****t. For the love of God, some of them were having conversations with people near but their eyes were always on facebook.
    You need to chat with someone, there are plenty of apps that do the same thing Watsapp does, some even better.
    You wanna know what your friend is doing? Call him, text him, go and have a beer with him.
    So for me and maybe for other the fact that we don't have an app for facebook or Watsapp doesn't mean we need an Android device.
    If I will eventually need to buy an Android device it will not be a Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 02:44 PM
616 12345 ...