It's all about personal data, Facebook and WhatsApp.
    Blackberry may not be best at updating, but if they haven't got access to API's not there fault.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 11:44 AM
    This looks like the same API change Face10 and Messenger ran into a couple of weeks ago that forced Nemory to change Messenger to just bring up the Web app.

The fact that Face10/Messenger still work from the Hub tells me that the current BB10 app team is currently more poorly staffed than one guy handling half a dozen apps on his own.

If anything makes me worry about BB10s future, this is it. They can't even duplicate functionality Nemory managed to do in a couple of weeks.

Without the Hub, BB10 looks a lot less appealing, and nearly everyone uses Facebook.

Posted via CB10
    They probably could do it but there not willing to use Facebook apis without permission like Nemory does bit of an explanation here http://rapidmobile.biz/blackberry/ne...om-march-31st/

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Baconwich and damien kupuku like this.
    03-15-16 11:44 AM
    It's like chen wants us all to forcefully switch to Priv so he is removing all the things from bb10 .... wow!! It's an final nail to the coffin that we don't care for bb10 come to Priv or iphone

Well chen its better to be wall-huggers then to be blo**y-blackberrieans

Posted via CB10
    I don't think he's trying to remove all the things from BB10. In fact, I think this update was meant as a fix. We all know the previous FB 10.7.xxx was already buggy. So the quickest fix given the limited man power is to make it a browser. But what the engineers failed to see was that the Hub was an integral part of the Facebook app. And as stated, if Nemory can integrate his Face10 to the Hub, why can't Blackberry Engineers do so? Granted, Nemory's approach is not efficient, but BlackBerry Engineers should be able to integrate it more efficiently since they have full access to the OS (BB10). Something Nemory doesn't thus he has to resort to a work around.
    03-15-16 11:45 AM
    I already use face10 for the hub notifications since the original app doesn't display all notifications properly. The only reason I have fb app still installed is the contacts integration. Can sum1 whose already upgraded say if that still works.

Posted via  Z❿
    03-15-16 11:45 AM
    I don't think he's trying to remove all the things from BB10. In fact, I think this update was meant as a fix. We all know the previous FB 10.7.xxx was already buggy. So the quickest fix given the limited man power is to make it a browser. But what the engineers failed to see was that the Hub was an integral part of the Facebook app. And as stated, if Nemory can integrate his Face10 to the Hub, why can't Blackberry Engineers do so? Granted, Nemory's approach is not efficient, but BlackBerry Engineers should be able to integrate it more efficiently since they have full access to the OS (BB10). Something Nemory doesn't thus he has to resort to a work around.
    It's simple!! Their main motive is Android and not bb10 so they hardly care

Posted via CB10
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    03-15-16 11:53 AM
    It's simple!! Their main motive is Android and not bb10 so they hardly care

Posted via CB10
    BB10 has never had much support from third party app developers though: The Facebook and Twitter apps were always built in-house by Blackberry. Whatsapp seemed like the only big one to make an app themselves, and I'm surprised at how long they stuck with it, especially with Blackberry's push to get people using BBM instead of Whatsapp.

This isn't Mr. Chen maliciously removing apps that people love, it's moreso Blackberry no longer fighting to keep them.
    RezzaBuh and frodebh like this.
    03-15-16 11:57 AM
    BB10 has never had much support from third party app developers though: The Facebook and Twitter apps were always built in-house by Blackberry. Whatsapp seemed like the only big one to make an app themselves, and I'm surprised at how long they stuck with it, especially with Blackberry's push to get people using BBM instead of Whatsapp.

This isn't Mr. Chen maliciously removing apps that people love, it's moreso Blackberry no longer fighting to keep them.
    BlackBerry is now run by CEO Chennny and his brilliant pathetic ideas

Posted via CB10
    Sal1982 and GUINDON like this.
    03-15-16 12:02 PM
    That is what I asked..why should they release a browser version as an app??
    I get the same fb as the new app when I use fb through browser. I add a shortcut to my home screen so there is this fb icon which leads me directly to my page.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    Difference is that you actually get a separate app window for facebook instead of all in the browser window

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 12:09 PM
    This is getting more than ugly...

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 12:19 PM
    If you update you loose the contacts integration of the old application be warned

Running Passport SE on 10.3.2.2813
    Barbareren likes this.
    I already use face10 for the hub notifications since the original app doesn't display all notifications properly. The only reason I have fb app still installed is the contacts integration. Can sum1 whose already upgraded say if that still works.

Posted via  Z❿
    You lose contact integration with the update (when you open the app after updating it asks you to remove the account to continue).

Difference is that you actually get a separate app window for facebook instead of all in the browser window

Posted via CB10
    It still opens in the browser, the app basically becomes a browser shortcut after updating.
    Barbareren likes this.
    They probably could do it but there not willing to use Facebook apis without permission like Nemory does bit of an explanation here BlackBerry Facebook app will cease to work on BlackBerry 10 and BBOS from March 31st

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I mean, that's a fair position to take.
    03-15-16 12:20 PM
    I am so disappointed by this sudden change in this app
    Now has become just a shortcut
    03-15-16 12:21 PM
    Did it loose it's Hub integration now that it's browser based? What about the FB messenger, is it still working and integrated to the Hub? Any feedback from those who updated? I'm holding off updating my version if the new updates loose the Hub integration. Thanks.
    You can not use the Facebook for BlackBerry app after the end of this month . You must update the native BlackBerry app to the new web based app. The new update lacks hub integration as it's simply the Facebook site accessible via any web browser. The Facebook app in BlackBerry now just triggers the facebook site directly from the web browser and nothing more than that, like the YouTube app BlackBerry offers. Simply a bookmark on your app page. It's sad to see how the minimum native app support for BlackBerry is getting lost with each passing day. Forgotten Whatsapp,now forgetting Facebook .

Z3 / 10.3.2.2836 / Vodafone IN

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 12:21 PM
    Sad...

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 12:26 PM
    Wow, this **** is getting real... now how am i supposed to upload a video? I liked the FB integration and the option to upload videos T.T
    03-15-16 12:38 PM
    I have deleted the New FB update and reverted back to the version in the beta zone for now, to give me the integration with contacts, hub etc again, at least till the end of the month. Then it maybe time to look at moving to a different phone platform, as long as it isn't Apple or Andriod, if we start losing more apps and hub integration.
    03-15-16 12:45 PM
    Maybe they are trying to put google play store to the bb10 os. Its like when you install android app, there is no apk for that. Like blackberry world. Maybe theyll do it when 10.3.3 comes or 10.4

Z10 STL100-1 10.3.2.2813
    03-15-16 12:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    You are mistaken sir...it directs us to browser page. And its displayed exactly how a browser displays and functions. open the app and try to open browser, both lands at the same place.

03-15-16 12:49 PM
    No more share to Facebook

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 12:50 PM
    They could fix the same app in the same way making a little modifications with what they have rather than breaking all the functionality, especially the main attraction and usability of BB10, hub integration, this doesn't show anything positive at all.
    I don't use fb app. I always used browser. Not because I had problems using app from bbw. There are still friends of mine who uses fb app from BBW and has no problems with it. But why I say this is, things are going real real real ugly from BB10 side

03-15-16 12:52 PM
    You guys really need to update to the priv and leave all this second rate app situation behind.

Get your money's worth. Why continue to suffer for no good reason??? You do or die folks are on some other sh...

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv�
    FenVV likes this.
    03-15-16 01:04 PM
    I don't use Facebook but this worries me. We're starting to lose apps and there's no chance the situation's going to improve. Who knows which one is next.
    I just sold one of my 2 Leaps today and I think I'll sell all of my other Blackberries (Leap, Q10 and Classic) too before nobody wants them.
    03-15-16 01:05 PM
    You guys really need to update to the priv and leave all this second rate app situation behind.

Get your money's worth. Why continue to suffer for no good reason??? You do or die folks are on some other sh...

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv�
    I would rather have some stupid phone without any OS that can only call and text then anything with Android inside!
    I tried Android with HTC One for one month as a replacement phone when my Z10 was in service and one thing I know for sure. No matter who makes it, but it will never go again in to my pocket...
    03-15-16 01:09 PM
    does this mean that were going to lose integration with contacts as well? BB is getting pathetic and just one more reason why I will have switch over.. Really sad news
    03-15-16 01:09 PM
616 1234 ...