(Yes, I searched for "Facebook" with "Titles only" checked and 99% of the results didn't contain "Facebook"...)

How do I enable Facebook notifications just for private messages? Some people like to message me using Facebook instead of SMS or BBM, but because I don't want the LED/Sound going off for every "Like" or "Reply to a post you are following", I have Facebook notifications turned off.

Facebook messages show in the hub, and they're represented by a different icon than comments and likes, so surely there must be a way for enabling different notifications for it. But all I see in the notifications profile for Facebook is "All notifications".

Thanks!
    07-31-15 12:21 PM
    It is all or nothing.

Much like what happened to BBM back then, the app would have to be recoded in order for the OS to be able to tell the difference and be able to custom notification it all.

(If you don't know what I mean by "what happened to BBM", you could not separate individual from group notifications at 10.0)
    08-01-15 11:55 AM
    That's too bad.

They really need to rework the Facebook app. First, built it with Cascades to match other native apps in navigational functionality. Second, give it some actual functionality. I still can't read replies to comments in a thread...
    08-01-15 11:59 AM
    There should be an option to completely turn off background synchronization.

Like when I want to run the Facebook app, that's the only time it will update everything.

"I am the the Way; I am the Truth, and Life. No one can come to the Father except through Me." - John 14:6
    08-01-15 12:23 PM