Hi all,

Just noticed the facebook native app started crashing every time I opened it. Worked fine before, still integrates with calendar and hub well but crashes every time I open it.
    Tried a reboot and also closing it from the device monitor, to no avail.
    Was just wondering if anyone had similar issues recently? I'm trying to figure out if it's just in my case or if the facebook app has finally stopped working for good.

Thanks,
    Chris

Posted via CB10
    11-18-16 06:55 PM
    I had this issue two times, for whatever reasons.

Fixed it:

Go to Settings, Accounts and Remove your Facebook Account from there. Then add it again with Login on in the App.

This fixed the issue for me.

Posted via CB10
    ChrisLeNeve and meattray like this.
    11-18-16 07:19 PM
    Working normal here...

Posted via CB10
    11-19-16 02:54 AM
    I had this issue two times, for whatever reasons.

Fixed it:

Go to Settings, Accounts and Remove your Facebook Account from there. Then add it again with Login on in the App.

This fixed the issue for me.

Posted via CB10
    That dit it! Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    11-19-16 03:46 AM
    I have had this come and go. I found that there is a trick but I haven't mastered it yet. I know that when it happens I don't use the Facebook app to open it. I go at it through the hub and someone said that going through someone's foment to get into Facebook and then navigating to your home page then most recent news is the answer.

Try playing around with accessing Facebook through the HUB and see. Sometimes I get a bit further in and it still crashes but in a few hours or a day It corrects itself. I haven't been using Facebook mush as of late so I haven't hat the problem as frequently.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-16 04:37 AM
    It was doing the same for me. I removed and reloaded the. Bar. Everything good except you can't view replies.

Sent from my not quite obsolete beautiful BlackBerry Passport SE
    11-22-16 08:51 AM
    The easiest fix is this.

Open Facebook app, IMMEDIATELY swipe up to make it an active frame. Don't let Facebook load your old newsfeed.

Wait for a few second (Facebook is loading your new newsfeed at this moment) then enter Facebook app again.

There's an item on your newsfeed causing the crashing. If you able to bury it with new newsfeed your Facebook won't crash.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-16 09:57 AM
    The easiest fix is this.

Open Facebook app, IMMEDIATELY swipe up to make it an active frame. Don't let Facebook load your old newsfeed.

Wait for a few second (Facebook is loading your new newsfeed at this moment) then enter Facebook app again.

There's an item on your newsfeed causing the crashing. If you able to bury it with new newsfeed your Facebook won't crash.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't know that was the reason or exact cause. Thank you, it is good to know and will try that next time.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-16 05:27 AM
    Did anyone tried this version to install?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e-bar-1092263/

Maybe this 10.6.31.2 version could work better?
    11-23-16 06:26 AM
    The easiest fix is this.

Posted via CB10
    I tried this and it didn't help. Plus I don't really see how an item on the newsfeed could make the app crash. I would advise just deleting the account and adding it again, to anyone having this issue in the future.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-16 11:52 AM
    I tried this and it didn't help. Plus I don't really see how an item on the newsfeed could make the app crash. I would advise just deleting the account and adding it again, to anyone having this issue in the future.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe because the item causing the crashing is not "old" enough to be buried by new items on your feed. Maybe there's not enough new items to bury it in the first place.

Simple, the BlackBerry Facebook app can't properly handle that newsfeed item hence causing it to crash.

This is a proven "fix" but suite yourself oh. And good luck synching those Facebook contacts again.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-16 09:32 AM
    Which version of Facebook BB app are you using? I haven't and probably refusing to update to the new app and it crashes every now and then...
    11-24-16 11:34 AM
    The easiest fix is this.

Posted via CB10
    Worked out for me. Z10. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-16 01:18 PM
    I have the same issue and none of the workarounds above seem to fix that.
    Is there anything we can do?
    01-19-17 09:22 AM
    Just use it in the browser. That's practically all you can do at this point.

Most wanted features in the Mercury: https://www.poll-maker.com/results79...e47C8-32#tab-2
    01-19-17 02:07 PM