I've been using both nemory's Facebook messenger app and the stock bbry Facebook app for my messages.

The app by nemory is pretty good because it gets notifications instantly when a message is received, whereas the Facebook app is a hit or a miss, and usually is late about 20 minutes.

This has always been this way, but I think if BlackBerry wants to do well they should at least get the Facebook messenger working with instant notifications. A lot of people use Facebook as a messenger client and I know a few who have ditched bb10 because of that poor messaging function.
    07-14-14 09:51 AM
    This has been addressed multiple times, and no matter how many times I read it over and over, I still couldn't agree more.

Facebook chat seems to be the universal chat application, and it's really a big thumbs up on anything to be able to have it working all great.
    I'm able to use it smoothly, but every once in a while, it does go psycho bonkers. It'll only be a matter of time until a really important topic or a rushed event is postponed, or dropped because of the fact that it won't work at times.

Though, I admit. Having used the BB10 Facebook application for the last sixteen months, it has made a big improvement from getting chat in the first place, and making it more stable.

BlackBerry Z10 | 10.3.0.296
    07-14-14 10:08 AM
    Yes but not nearly as good as it should be. It seems to check every 20 minutes for notifications. Whereas the android or iPhone apps get instant notifications, even Nemory's app gets instant notifications !
    07-14-14 01:12 PM