Basically, kept my legacy bb10 FB app not upgraded as loved hub integration.

Today got the following email:
    ------------------------
    [user name],
    Thank you for using Messenger. We regret to inform you that from 30 November, we'll no longer support messaging for BlackBerry. You will no longer be able to send or receive messages on the Messenger app on your BlackBerry phone. You will be able to continue to access your Messenger conversations on desktop or mobile. To continue sending and receiving messages from your BlackBerry device, you can use the updated version of the Facebook for BlackBerry or Facebook for BlackBerry 10 mobile apps, or use the mobile web version of Facebook at https://m.facebook.com/messages.

Thanks,
    The Messenger Team

----------------------

Not that unexpected, but sad.

Oh MERCURY, where are thou?!

Posted via CB10
    11-23-16 06:06 PM
    I received the same message.

I have read that the Official Facebook Messenger Lite Android app seems to be similar to the BB10 native Facebook app.

Does it have Hub notifications?

Leaving the Facebook mobile website open doesn't notify you of messages and just drains the battery.

What would give me Facebook notifications and the ability to continue responding from within the Hub.

Two friends insist on using Facebook for messaging and that is only reason that I use Facebook or even have an account.

Thanks,

Marc

Posted via CB10
    11-23-16 06:12 PM
    Me too.

I don't worry anymore since I have the BlackBerry Priv. So no problem with me though.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-16 06:20 PM
    I found it really didn't work well anyways. Still, this news sucks.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-16 06:40 PM
    It's for BB7 and earlier. There was never a Facebook Messenger app for BB10, it was built into the Facebook app. Facebook Messenger unable to connect on BlackBerry 7 and earlier.

As of November 21, 2016, Facebook Messenger will no longer be available on BlackBerry OS smartphones

To continue using Facebook Messenger download the Facebook app in BlackBerry World which also provides access to Messenger features.

In order to transition to the web based experience, users can download the Facebook application directly from BlackBerry World here
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    11-23-16 06:43 PM
    Blaze is right about the end of FB Messenger app for BlackBerry OS 7 and earlier.

I still have my old device, the BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900. And keep him as my collection/souvenir. It's much smaller compare to all the current BB10 and BlackBerry Google fusion devices if you ask me. It's like almost a decade or 12 years ago when I use that old device. Before that, my oldest and primative device was the BlackBerry Curve 8310, then the BlackBerry Bold 9000 and follow upcoming after that. So nostalgic.

I don't use it anymore but I thought, let me check the old smartphone device with Wi-Fi connection only. When I logged in with my current BB ID account on BlackBerry App World, I noticed and saw that BlackBerry had left a notification with the same brief message that is announced in the BB Knowled Base page.

They also have pushed a new update for the FB app for the web based mobile version for the BlackBerry OS 7 and earlier.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-16 08:36 PM
    but email talks about bb10 as well
    11-24-16 02:54 AM
    That's the point!

Posted via the king of smartphones - Blackberry Passport ;-)
    11-24-16 03:15 AM
    It's 24th November...and mine is still working....
    So it's sure for BlackBerry os...not BlackBerry 10...

Posted via CB10
    11-24-16 06:05 AM
    It's 24th November...and mine is still working....
    So it's sure for BlackBerry os...not BlackBerry 10...

Posted via CB10
    They said it will not work after 30th November.

Via Z10. OS 10.3.2.2876
    11-24-16 07:54 AM
    It's for OS 7 users. There was never a FB messenger app for BlackBerry 10.

Via CB10 on my BlackBerry�*Passport� SQW100-4/10.3.2.2888
    11-24-16 08:41 AM
    On my z10 the app itself is not working anymore. It's closing every time I'm trying to launch it. But chat on hub works so far.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-16 08:58 AM
    It's for BlackBerry 7.

It clearly states that BlackBerry 10 will still work.

".. To continue sending and receiving messages from your BlackBerry device, you can use the updated version of the Facebook for BlackBerry or Facebook for BlackBerry 10 mobile apps, or use the mobile web version of Facebook at"

Posted via CB10
    11-24-16 09:38 AM
    I too got mail this morning some 14hrs back.
    It says "no longer.....on your BlackBerry Phone"
    Quite confusing at a glance.
    Attached Thumbnails Facebook ditching Blackberry Messenger from 20th of November-img_20161124_215305.png  
    11-24-16 10:27 AM
    Facebook for blackberry10..it means the app which is available on bb world which is nothing but web shortcut
    11-24-16 10:35 AM
    Facebook people are so dumb that they even don't know what BlackBerry OS vs BlackBerry 10 is.

They are an iphone generation an never got their hands on a BlackBerry!

This is only for legacy devices with OS 7.1 and lower.

I will come here about next summer to tell you that the native facebook app is still working fine except if 10.3.3 replaces the ap with the Web version.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-16 10:51 AM
    I received the same message.

I have read that the Official Facebook Messenger Lite Android app seems to be similar to the BB10 native Facebook app.

Does it have Hub notifications?

Leaving the Facebook mobile website open doesn't notify you of messages and just drains the battery.

What would give me Facebook notifications and the ability to continue responding from within the Hub.

Two friends insist on using Facebook for messaging and that is only reason that I use Facebook or even have an account.

Thanks,

Marc

Posted via CB10
    You can use Faceslim on the BBW, it's an Android app but very light, and there is notifications in the hub for messages.

Posted via CB10
    JG_Agustin and elfabio80 like this.
    11-24-16 11:30 AM
    Uh yeah, it tells you to download the Facebook app for BB10. That's pretty much the point. It's not your fault for misunderstanding though, the email is horribly worded.
    11-24-16 12:16 PM
    Uh yeah, it tells you to download the Facebook app for BB10. That's pretty much the point. It's not your fault for misunderstanding though, the email is horribly worded.
    It's still a bit worrying though. I might be a bit pessimistic, but since the BB10 version of facebook (pre-web shortcut) was developed by BlackBerry, isn't it possible that they used the same API's that will be discontinued?

If anyone has any information on that, it would be much appreciated. Though probably a "wait-and-see" (Ala Whatsapp for BB10) is the only real thing we can go on.

Wishing and hoping...
    11-24-16 12:34 PM
    It's still a bit worrying though. I might be a bit pessimistic, but since the BB10 version of facebook (pre-web shortcut) was developed by BlackBerry, isn't it possible that they used the same API's that will be discontinued?

If anyone has any information on that, it would be much appreciated. Though probably a "wait-and-see" (Ala Whatsapp for BB10) is the only real thing we can go on.

Wishing and hoping...
    I guess. But there's no expectation it should work anyway. You were told long ago it was dead and not supported. Its continuing to work is happy coincidence, it could die at any point and no one should be surprised by that.
    11-24-16 12:37 PM
    You can use Faceslim on the BBW, it's an Android app but very light, and there is notifications in the hub for messages.

Posted via CB10
    I second Face Slim, it's probably the best Web wrapper available straight from BlackBerry World and it's readily available for BB10 devices. The only problem seems to be that although there is an option to save the pictures, it doesn't do it. It has basic Hub notifications.

At the moment the old native BB10 app is still working, and as Bla1ze has mentioned, the email is aimed for BBOS 7 and earlier devices. Nonetheless, the old BB10 app could stop working anytime, as it's no longer officially supported, so it's good to explore alternatives.

Other options I've tried are: Face10 and Messenger (built by Nemory, notifications in the Hub are native, but you need to buy the Pro versions and these are sometimes inconsistent); Facebook Lite (Google the apk or download from Google Play Store, basic notifications); and older versions of the Android Facebook and Messenger apps (search Crackberry forums for the links, basic notifications).

Bla1ze has also suggested using the official Messenger Lite: http://forums.crackberry.com/android...-10-a-1087796/

I haven't tried it, but notifications should be basic as the rest of the Android apps.

In all honesty, I've moved on to the PRIV, but detest the native Facebook and Messenger apps. They're battery and data hogs, which keep growing and growing in size every time they're used, so much that I have opted for resetting both every week or so. I do prefer the layout of the native BB10 app with messages integrated, too bad Facebook abandoned this model...

Just my two cents.

Posted with my powerful and masterful  Passport!
    11-24-16 12:37 PM
    keep it for yourself, mark zuckerberg
    11-24-16 01:21 PM
    Facebook App (native) appears to have stopped working on my Z10 and I received another message from Facebook saying that Facebook Messenger stops working today, November 30.

I tried sending a message and it shows up on Facebook but when I go back in the Hub, the message is no longer there.

Is anyone else seeing this behaviour?

Which app is the best to continue to have full notifications in the Hub?

Posted via CB10
    11-30-16 08:26 PM
    Time to bid farewell to our most loved native app.

Via Z10. OS 10.3.2.2876
    11-30-16 11:48 PM
    Like I said earlier it's not just for OS7 devices BlackBerry 10 has now been stopped as of today everyone will get the message soon enough. It sucks but what can we do

Posted via CB10
    12-01-16 01:03 AM
29 12