Do anybody know of a way to stop facebook contacts from showing up in a global search or quick action? I already tried going into contact settings and turning off facebook contacts. That removed them from my contact list, but when I do a quick action, like "text Amb". About 8 different Ambers show up 7, from my FB friends list, who have their numbers on their profile and only one from my contact list. I just want the one from my contact list to show up. Anybody ran into this and found how to fix or workaround?

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    08-27-13 05:43 PM
    This is on the Q10 10.2.1323 build

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 05:44 PM
    Do anybody know of a way to stop facebook contacts from showing up in a global search or quick action? I already tried going into contact settings and turning off facebook contacts. That removed them from my contact list, but when I do a quick action, like "text Amb". About 8 different Ambers show up 7, from my FB friends list, who have their numbers on their profile and only one from my contact list. I just want the one from my contact list to show up. Anybody ran into this and found how to fix or workaround?

Posted via CB10
    I'd like to know this too. I have them turned off as well but they show up. I hate that.
    08-27-13 06:53 PM
    Exactly, that's why I'm not using native Facebook. So many unnecessary contacts show up.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 06:58 PM
    I have had the BB Q10 for not even 24 hrs and am just 1 hr away from returning it simply because of the Facebook. I have been searching forums all over the internet and have exhausted all solutions and still no fix.

Here's the issue.
    1. FB friends names and pix appearing in contacts
    2. FB friends appearing in the "To" dropdown within SMS/MMS\
    3. FB friends are appearing in search results

What I have done:
    1. Uninstalled App. Reinstalled. Upon setting up account, turned "off" all options (Find Friends, Notifications, etc.). Unselected FB in the Hub. Unselected "applications" from Search settings. Friends still appear in search and SMS

2. Hard reset of phone. Did not import contacts from SIM this time (figured maybe that was the issue). Set up FB acct and turned off all options in step #1. Friends still appear in search (sans pix) and search. When I start typing a letter, let's say "L" all friends with that last name appear and beneath the name it says "Contacts" however how can this be if there are NO contacts listed in the Contacts App???!!! Mind you, i have installed NOTHING else on the phone. No texts, no phone numbers saved, nothing.

3. After seeing that they still appear in SMS and Search, I log out of FB and BAM that fixed the problem. However this is unacceptable.

This means that FB can not run in the background as intended, rather you would have to log out each and every time you check FB. The problem is clearly with the FB app on BB and it automatically installing all friends to your contacts >how is this if they don't appear in the contacts app? No clue. This is a problem for me because I don't talk to my 425 friends on a daily basis and therefore do not want them to appear in my SMS and Search drop downs.

Is this a straight up bug or is there a step I am missing? This is a def deal breaker. As much as I NEED the physical keyboard this screw up is enough reason to give up on BB.
    09-19-13 01:36 PM
    The only logically reason I can give for it still being there is if you want to quickly send a facebook contact a message. They won't show up in your contact list, but if you type mike jones (who is a facebook contact) you'll be able to quickly send.... Nevermind I just went to confirm this but all it does is pull up a intermediate contact card smh. I left it on I just hope my lady doesn't try going thru my phone and asking who all these females, who I just randomly add are.

I wrote back in a survey they sent out telling them this is unacceptable. Hopefully they change this in 10.3 or 10.2.1 whichever number is next

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 10:10 AM