Is anyone else have a problem checking in (using the app) after installing any of the leaks?

I am not able to check in anywhere using the app but cab do so when using Facebook through the browser.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 12:55 PM
    Is anyone else have a problem checking in (using the app) after installing any of the leaks?

I am not able to check in anywhere using the app but cab do so when using Facebook through the browser.

Posted via CB10
    This is a side-effect of restoring data to your phone after installing a leak, some permissions are messed up. Currently the only workaround is not to do a restore and start from scratch.

Edit: I believe the problem is in the Settings part of the backup, but I'm not sure. You should be able to restore the other parts without a problem.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    10-09-13 12:56 PM
    This is a side-effect of restoring data to your phone after installing a leak, some permissions are messed up. Currently the only workaround is not to do a restore and start from scratch.

Edit: I believe the problem is in the Settings part of the backup, but I'm not sure. You should be able to restore the other parts without a problem.
    Exactly as you said.
    I can confirm it is the settings part that messes things up, but unfortunately it is the most important part due to password keeper restoration .

Posted via CB10 | STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return.
    10-09-13 01:13 PM

Interesting thanks DarcyTallGuy, I will wait for the next new leak and start from scratch.
    10-10-13 01:45 PM

Not here--I actually had the reverse happen for the first time in nearly all the leaks since the Q10 came out. I loaded 1767 last week and for the first time, after a wipe, I did a full restore! I never do but thought I'd give it a try and if it didn't work, reload and wipe again with no restore. Then once everything was loaded up, I installed FB through BBW, and the Check-in command did not work, like all of you. I then deleted FB from phone and sideloaded it from Podgey along with the debug token he made for me (using Chrome ext) and bingo, the check-in works great. I never use FB except to check-in so if it hadn't worked, I would have deleted it again. Bottom line is that it did work with the android side load.
    That said the only issue I've had with the restore is that my contacts (outlook 2007) will not toggle from dark to light and back--remains in the dark theme 100% of the time. Everything else is working well.
    Sideload the FB android app with token and it will work. I'd post the link but I don't believe I can as my pin is associated with the token. Good Luck!
    10-10-13 02:04 PM
    This has now been fixed by BlackBerry. Download the latest version from BBW.
    BeloZ10 likes this.
    10-17-13 01:04 PM
    Yep. Just downloaded new Facebook update and check ins work now.

Posted via CB10
    BeloZ10 likes this.
    10-17-13 01:12 PM