Hi all, as of this past week whenever I try to access my Facebook through the BlackBerry browser it keeps on crashing nearly every time the page loads. I have included the picture of the error message. Even when it asks me to reload the page after the crash, it crashes yet again!

Facebook in Browser Keeps Crashing?-img_20160611_125311.png

I deleted history and cleared my cache and cookies, but the problem still persists. I even downloaded Browsie browser and when I tried loading Facebook on there it made the browser to close out automatically!

Is anyone having the same problems? I know of the Facebook apps not acting well from the news lately but I thought the Facebook site would work regardless because I am going through the browser and not an app. Thanks for any help.
    06-11-16 02:02 PM
    The home link is broken, so avoid it.

Open Google, type Facebook and one of your friend's name. Open that profile. Then click the 3 lines in right upper corner, then select your profile. Save your profile as a bookmark.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    06-11-16 02:24 PM
    I find if it does this, to just scroll the page before it finishes rendering.

No idea why, but it has worked for me so far
    06-11-16 11:29 PM
    This is happening to me too! On my q10 browser. I don't know what to do either.
    06-12-16 01:32 PM

Open Google, type Facebook and one of your friend's name. Open that profile. Then click the 3 lines in right upper corner, then select your profile. Save your profile as a bookmark.
    This worked for my other half's Z30. Kind of silly it has to be done this way, but a good workaround nevertheless.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-12-16 01:47 PM
    Mine is still working ok.

Z30STA100-6/10.3.2.2876

Why BlackBerry? Because I can!
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    06-12-16 02:11 PM
    Hello, New here and i d like to share my experience. Here at home Q5 in English and Q10 in French. Facebook was crashing the browser on the Q5 English but no on the Q10 in French. We have change the language setting of the system on the Q5 to French. Facebook execute Facebook on the browser without any issue.
    PS : We have tried to log directly to facebook on the browser while Q5 in English : not working, same issue even from another browser like opera.
    Hope it might help to find an issue to your problem.
    06-12-16 03:00 PM
    Spending too much time trying things?

Reload the page, and SCROLL it before it finishes loading.

Ta Da... it works!
    cbeeches likes this.
    06-12-16 04:33 PM
    Hi all, as of this past week whenever I try to access my Facebook through the BlackBerry browser it keeps on crashing nearly every time the page loads. I have included the picture of the error message. Even when it asks me to reload the page after the crash, it crashes yet again!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160611_125311.png 
Views:	486 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	401923

I deleted history and cleared my cache and cookies, but the problem still persists. I even downloaded Browsie browser and when I tried loading Facebook on there it made the browser to close out automatically!

Is anyone having the same problems? I know of the Facebook apps not acting well from the news lately but I thought the Facebook site would work regardless because I am going through the browser and not an app. Thanks for any help.

Open browser, turn desktop mode on, login on facebook than turn of desktop mode reload and its done
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    06-14-16 02:46 AM
    What the hey Crackberry, thanks for letting me know I had replies to my thread!!!
    I didn't even receive any notifications like I usually do, so I thought my thread was dead!

I did that, and it worked! It was very cumbersome though. But a fix was a fix.

I find if it does this, to just scroll the page before it finishes rendering.

No idea why, but it has worked for me so far
    I tried that, but I was never fast enough and I couldn't escape its crashing clutches each time.

Hello, New here and i d like to share my experience. Here at home Q5 in English and Q10 in French. Facebook was crashing the browser on the Q5 English but no on the Q10 in French. We have change the language setting of the system on the Q5 to French. Facebook execute Facebook on the browser without any issue.
    PS : We have tried to log directly to facebook on the browser while Q5 in English : not working, same issue even from another browser like opera.
    Hope it might help to find an issue to your problem.
    Sorry to hear though I never tried what you did because of the following post...

Open browser, turn desktop mode on, login on facebook than turn of desktop mode reload and its done
    This works!!! I tested it twice by opening it the regular way and everything is fine. I wonder how did you ever stumble on this? Thank you for the fix .
    06-14-16 04:57 PM
    Sorry, I must recant my statement about albanianpeople's solution that I said worked. After a couple of tries the problem has returned. I will have to stick with Denise in Los Angeles's solution which works out for me.
    06-16-16 12:25 AM
    I had it happen in once. I switched from desktop mode to regular and it fixed itself

Smart Pill---Rabbit droppings, in Yooperland legend said to increase intelligence.
    06-16-16 04:35 AM
    I had the "scroll before render" stop working for me.

My fix didn't need desktop mode, or any dancing raccoons... I deleted everything, the FB link, the cache, even my FB bookmark.

Then open FB in browser. Log in, make a new bookmark.

Watch the url section while loading, if "/redir" shows up, it will likely crash. Edit your link, make sure it is just facebook.com and no other /xxxx after.
    06-16-16 11:30 AM
    I had it happen in once. I switched from desktop mode to regular and it fixed itself

Smart Pill---Rabbit droppings, in Yooperland legend said to increase intelligence.
    Thank you. I tried it and it didn't work. Now did you simply just turn the switch on and off, or did you switch to desktop, reload the page from mobile to desktop and then turn the switch back to mobile? I tried none of those things and it didn't work for me sadly.

I had the "scroll before render" stop working for me.

My fix didn't need desktop mode, or any dancing raccoons... I deleted everything, the FB link, the cache, even my FB bookmark.

Then open FB in browser. Log in, make a new bookmark.

Watch the url section while loading, if "/redir" shows up, it will likely crash. Edit your link, make sure it is just facebook.com and no other /xxxx after.
    Thank you too. I did as you said, deleted the bookmark from my browser, cleared my cache and history and made the bookmark URL just say "facebook.com". It opened from my bookmark a few successful times from the tab page, but after closing out my browser and trying to open the page after opening my browser again, the crash returns. This helped though. Maybe I need to tinker with this in some sort of combination.
    06-20-16 06:58 PM
    Thank you. I tried it and it didn't work. Now did you simply just turn the switch on and off, or did you switch to desktop, reload the page from mobile to desktop and then turn the switch back to mobile? I tried none of those things and it didn't work for me sadly.

Thank you too. I did as you said, deleted the bookmark from my browser, cleared my cache and history and made the bookmark URL just say "facebook.com". It opened from my bookmark a few successful times from the tab page, but after closing out my browser and trying to open the page after opening my browser again, the crash returns. This helped though. Maybe I need to tinker with this in some sort of combination.
    Please do not bookmark the FB homepage. that will crash your browser.

Google facebook and your name. When you are on your profile, bookmark your profile. AVOID THE HOME PAGE OF FB.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    06-21-16 12:48 AM

Google facebook and your name. When you are on your profile, bookmark your profile. AVOID THE HOME PAGE OF FB.
    Lies.

It does not crash the browser.
    Your dirty cache, dirty links, and maybe your dirty mind?

Clean up the mess, and the home page is fine.
    06-21-16 08:37 AM

That's what I did and left it at that for now. It works and gets me from point A to B well enough. A little frustrating but a work-around is a work-around.

Lies.

It does not crash the browser.
    Your dirty cache, dirty links, and maybe your dirty mind?

Clean up the mess, and the home page is fine.
    Umm, if you didn't pay attention to the post I made just a couple posts above yours, you can see I clearly already did that. And that was uncalled for to say someone has a dirty mind.

And yes for me, accessing the Facebook homepage crashes my browser 9 times out of 10. Accessing through my own profile page (or anyone else's) does not make it crash.

06-21-16 10:31 AM