04-24-16 01:45 AM
46 12
tools
    I have aupdated the client, there's a version 2 pending for approval on BlackBerry world, and i'm polishing version 3. Check this post to see the updated topic and new features:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...roved-1070990/

Thanks!
    Last edited by Tsukirockstar; 04-24-16 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Soft update.
    04-16-16 05:17 PM
    Thanks a lot!

Posted via CB10
    Tsukirockstar likes this.
    04-17-16 03:38 PM
    Might have try that with the Cascades Web view.

By the way, a BlackBerry Developer account doesn't cost anything.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    04-17-16 04:22 PM
    Did you look at the Android facebook wrapper apps before you went to this effort? Tinfoil, Metal, and my new fave Swipe for Facebook already do everything you have listed. Sorry if you didn't know but at least you learned some programming.
    04-17-16 04:23 PM
    I'm an android developer since the days of gingerbread, and i'm in front of a computer since the apple one and commodore 64.... I also develop for IOS.

I was planning to update this post with a new version of the app with all the features enabled: camera, videos can be watched inside the app itself, and full support for picture uploads from camera roll

But responses like yours, make me think that it's worthless. I ended up coding a new versin that works as well as any android official app, smooth and with no battery drain on a simple dual core Q10, but the way i see it, if you spect to have someone coding natively for a system that is (in words of the CEO itself) dead, and with no api to have a better workaround than use rss feeds YOU ARE WRONG.

I'll leave the app online for respect to the users of this forums if they want to use their phones without killing the battery due to obvious (you should know. as you present yourself as a coder) what happens with an android runtime running on os10 and apps that wants to use GCM and other android core libs and apps.

Cheers.
    04-17-16 08:27 PM
    This, is the second version of the app with a progress bar, the posibility to upload pictures (as you can see on the attached pics) and all the features of facebook working without batery drain. I was also planning to pull notifications from facebook to the hub without the API.
    But as i said. Comments punching the guy who wnts to help for free on his spare time are not precisely "helpful" to further development. YES blackberry doesn't charges. But i need to use an international credit card with paypal (????) and ATM i can't do that.

Facebook for blackberry alternative app workaround-img_20160417_045105.png

Facebook for blackberry alternative app workaround-img_20160417_104054.png

Facebook for blackberry alternative app workaround-img_20160417_104202.png

Facebook for blackberry alternative app workaround-img_20160417_224005.png

Facebook for blackberry alternative app workaround-img_20160417_104333.png

Facebook for blackberry alternative app workaround-img_20160417_104430.png
    04-17-16 08:59 PM
    Thanks for supporting BlackBerry 10!
    elfabio80 and Tsukirockstar like this.
    04-17-16 09:14 PM
    Sorry if you feel I've been rude but when you are making an Android app you'll be compared to other Android apps. One advantage of yours may be if any UI optimizations need to be made for 1:1 screen ratios then you can make them. The other ones I listed before don't test on BB10 devices.

In any case if you feel you can make a contribution other than whats out there please continue your efforts.
    04-17-16 09:27 PM
    As i said before: you presented yourself as a wise developer my friend. If it's so, you should know that is not necessary to think in screen sizes when you are dealing with a full responsive website...
    The app that i made originally (the one that is posted) will stay online. but it doesn't allow picture uploads, and i didn't include critical libs to work directly with chromium rendering (that makes everything work faster and smooth)

The pictures i posted, are from the second version. that includes an encapsulated web rendering engine (far better than a native one from OS10...) and of course, allows picture uploads an so on. but that version will not be posted anywhere just because people like you are wise enough to do it "natively" and post it here without problem.

I develop for another systems and i don't want to use (again) an entire saturday just to read people who states that can do but don't do anything.

The way i see it, this forum can ask you for a better solution.

Cheers!
    04-17-16 09:39 PM
    As i said before: you presented yourself as a wise developer my friend. If it's so, you should know that is not necessary to think in screen sizes when you are dealing with a full responsive website...
    The app that i made originally (the one that is posted) will stay online. but it doesn't allow picture uploads, and i didn't include critical libs to work directly with chromium rendering (that makes everything work faster and smooth)

The pictures i posted, are from the second version. that includes an encapsulated web rendering engine (far better than a native one from OS10...) and of course, allows picture uploads an so on. but that version will not be posted anywhere just because people like you are wise enough to do it "natively" and post it here without problem.

I develop for another systems and i don't want to use (again) an entire saturday just to read people who states that can do but don't do anything.

Cheers!
    Thanks for the work. We need more resilient people like you.

Ignore the troll. It's negative attitudes like his that harm this beautiful OS.

Keep up the good work brother!

Cheers!

 Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.2.2789 T-Mobile with Wi-Fi calling
    elfabio80 likes this.
    04-17-16 09:49 PM
    Thank you, we appreciate your effort. Keep it up.
    04-18-16 02:32 AM
    Beautiful!

Don't use facebook! BUT LOV the effort!!!!!!!!!

Do more dude!!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-18-16 02:52 AM
    Not bad but I noticed that I wasn't able to scroll with the keys on my Q10, is it just me?

posted via CB10 on my Passport SE
    04-18-16 02:56 AM

Cheers!
    Thanks man for your efforts and time and for trying to help BlackBerry users. I am using your app and I find it working pretty well.

But I am sorry to read that you will not release your second version due to the critics from somebody. Now bcs of these people other users cannot try your second improved version. Although I may understand your bad mood, I wish you may change idea and help other people like me here in the forum. Although critics, don't give up and look forward to do your work with passion. If we should spend time to hear and give time and attention to trolls, failed people, envious and idiots, we would have no time to join the life and commit to all what we like.

I hope you may change idea and look forward to help BlackBerry users. If you will not, thanks anyway. You helped, someone else instead developed only critics to a colleague....

Respect. Cheers!!

Posted via CB10
    04-18-16 08:15 AM
    Thanks for the hard work. I tried using Face10, but it's just too buggy for my liking.

Your app works fine for me on my Z30 and don't seem to have any issues, only wish there was hub integration.

I'd love to try the updated version as well ;-)

Posted via CB10
    04-18-16 09:05 AM
    It's your industriousness, so I cannot and will not criticize you for not making your second version available. However, I would respectfully ask you to reconsider. As far as anyone directing negative comments in your direction, just remember the old adage - one bad apple doesn't spoil the whole barrel.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-16 09:23 AM
    Weird, but the official Facebook app is working again today?

Posted via CB10
    04-18-16 09:33 AM
    Do what you want OP.

In the meantime CB can use Swipe for Facebook The swipe gestures is more natural to use for BB10.
    04-18-16 10:41 AM
    Does this have hub notification

Posted via CB10
    04-18-16 11:10 AM
    OP: you really do have to be thick-skinned when putting yourself out there, as the Internet is the wild west of trolls and a$$wipes.

Thanks for your efforts for us, we do appreciate it. Don't be disheartened by a few bad apples...

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ιт > 
    04-18-16 12:50 PM
    Thank you OP.

Posted with a AT&T Passport.
    04-18-16 01:49 PM
    Do what you want OP.

In the meantime CB can use Swipe for Facebook The swipe gestures is more natural to use for BB10.
    Lovely interface but pages loading really really slowly with that app. Idk if it's just me and I'm using it on my Q10 but the browser FB loaded like 5 times faster using Wlan

Posted via my Q10, 10.3.2.2876
    04-18-16 02:38 PM
    Lovely interface but pages loading really really slowly with that app. Idk if it's just me and I'm using it on my Q10 but the browser FB loaded like 5 times faster using Wlan

Posted via my Q10, 10.3.2.2876
    I use it on Z30. So I can't say how it works on Q10. Perhaps OPs version works better for older less powerful devices.
    04-18-16 03:25 PM
    As i said before, due to the lack of a facebook API for blackberry, there's no accurate way to get push notifications on blackberry HUB. a workaround that i explained on the first post, is to use your email account for notifications. and you get this:

Facebook for blackberry alternative app workaround-img_20160418_102959.png

Facebook for blackberry alternative app workaround-img_20160418_104622.png

Facebook for blackberry alternative app workaround-img_20160418_104712.png

So, if you are interested on post a new comment, just open the app and check the notifications globe to go straight to to answer.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    04-18-16 03:27 PM
    I finally created an account to submit apps to blackberry world thank to my girlfriend and her credit card (yeah... i'd laught too) so far, in spite of the fact that the app is not "native" works pretty well, doesnt drain batery or data usage (only if you are using it, never on the background as a official facebook app will do triying to sync)

-App experience that can be used with or without the bar. you can hide it and still mange the app without inconveniences.

-Smooth and lightweight. You can even clear the app cache as any android app if you feel that is getting heavy. The original app size is less than 3mb.

-I managed to get the videos playing on the app itself without leaving it or being redirected.

-Any external link (news or any article posted by on facebook) will now open on the native blackberry browser leaving the app open as any normal FB app.

-You can receive email notifications containing an overview of the post and messages on the HUB and you can open the app, touch the notifications globe and be redirected properly to the place you want to comment.

-Improved Chromium rendering engine. smoother and with a progress bar to show loading time.

some pictures:

Facebook for blackberry alternative app workaround-img_20160417_045105.png

Share what you are watching, listening, etc.
    Facebook for blackberry alternative app workaround-img_20160417_104054.png

Picture uploads.
    Facebook for blackberry alternative app workaround-img_20160417_224005.png

HUB notification emails.
    Facebook for blackberry alternative app workaround-img_20160418_102959.png
    Facebook for blackberry alternative app workaround-img_20160418_104622.png
    Facebook for blackberry alternative app workaround-img_20160418_104712.png

Timeline with videos playing.
    Facebook for blackberry alternative app workaround-img_20160418_163301.png

Facebook for blackberry alternative app workaround-img_20160418_112002.png

Notifications:
    Facebook for blackberry alternative app workaround-img_20160418_112224.png

Timeline with scrolling people you may know.(the good ol' timeline...)
    Facebook for blackberry alternative app workaround-img_20160418_111354.png

React with likes:
    Facebook for blackberry alternative app workaround-img_20160418_112252.png
    Facebook for blackberry alternative app workaround-img_20160418_112305.png

This is pretty much it. I will upload this app to blackberry world (not free) and the free version will be the one that you can download from here that will be always available. The difference is that with the one i posted here you can't upload images, you don't have a progress bar to notice if the page is loading, and the chrome web rendering engine is not the same hence is better on the new one that you can see in this pictures. I plan to keep supporting OS10 porting my android apps (most of them will be free) so probably i will only charge for this one.

I'll keep you posted as soon as i fix a few bugs, and can put everything on road to have a website dedicated to the blackberry os10 ported apps.

Cheers and thanks for the great support comments.
    04-18-16 03:51 PM
46 12