Before I posted that FB for BB10 was finally done, it wasn't true because somehow I was able to upload pictures and share status after the app death, however, today I found out that yes, the app has died I'm no longer able to upload pictures using the share option neither can I update my status with the post option thru HUB.

I tried to uninstall the app and re install it, this time I was not able to login it throws an error saying your information is wrong, even tho is not true lol.

So there you have it, Facebook for BB10 has finally passed away. Rest In Peace one of the only reasons I was still holding on to the native FB app (share pictures right from the gallery) I wish there was an option to easily share pictures to Facebook that doesn't involve opening Facebook Web and manually upload the picture, plus if I do that (upload manually) it won't say upload from BlackBerry.

It's sad, but hey at least Twitter still works I will just link the account with FB and every picture I upload on Twitter will show up in my FB account somehow

Peace and Love.

Posted with BlackBerry Passport SE via CB10
    07-10-18 02:42 PM
    If true for everyone... not a surprise.
    07-10-18 02:57 PM
    If true for everyone... not a surprise.
    Yeah I mean, two years after the original "kill date"

07-10-18 02:59 PM
    Time for Facebook Lite install.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-18 05:34 AM
    using browser

 Passport RED Edition 10.3.32163
    07-11-18 09:13 AM
    using browser

....which is also slowly not working with various websites.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    07-11-18 11:18 AM
    Time for Facebook Lite install.

Posted via CB10
    What's the latest apk working?

07-11-18 04:45 PM
    Every apk works
    It's the lite version. I use it and sometimes the web

Posted via CB10
    07-15-18 09:16 AM
    I use fb lite apk

Posted via CB10
    07-15-18 06:14 PM
    Interesting. I was able to upload a pic today.

07-15-18 11:43 PM
    Interesting. I was able to upload a pic today.

For real? Let me see

Edit:
    NOPE. I can't even sign in the app anymore.
    07-17-18 10:51 AM
    I just lost the FB Native App too dammit! I tried closing it in the CPU details list but accidentally selected delete app instead. Reinstalled the FB bar but it won't login now however Messenger still works even after signing out and in again on my old Z10 - still not the same though. I really liked having all my fb contacts with pics in my phone directiory : (
    07-22-18 03:47 PM
    Before I posted that FB for BB10 was finally done, it wasn't true because somehow I was able to upload pictures and share status after the app death, however, today I found out that yes, the app has died I'm no longer able to upload pictures using the share option neither can I update my status with the post option thru HUB.

I tried to uninstall the app and re install it, this time I was not able to login it throws an error saying your information is wrong, even tho is not true lol.

So there you have it, Facebook for BB10 has finally passed away. Rest In Peace one of the only reasons I was still holding on to the native FB app (share pictures right from the gallery) I wish there was an option to easily share pictures to Facebook that doesn't involve opening Facebook Web and manually upload the picture, plus if I do that (upload manually) it won't say upload from BlackBerry.

It's sad, but hey at least Twitter still works I will just link the account with FB and every picture I upload on Twitter will show up in my FB account somehow

Peace and Love.

I was also holding on to this app on my Passport, sad to see it finally dying, although we knew it was going to happen eventually.

As mentioned, I'd also suggest using Facebook Lite, it still has messages integrated and the share option from the OS sort of works (on my Passport I get two Lite icons, one of which works).

Use the latest version from apkmirror, so far there are no issues with it and you get notifications (bell icon) on the Hub.
    07-22-18 06:28 PM
    Don't you think it runs too slowly on BB10. As for Messengers Lite, it runs well. But I stopped to use FB Lite due to its slow speed. How are you?

Posted via CB10
    08-05-18 07:49 AM
    Don't you think it runs too slowly on BB10. As for Messengers Lite, it runs well. But I stopped to use FB Lite due to its slow speed. How are you?

Posted via CB10
    It's slow compared to the regular Facebook app on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Lite on my PRIV, but does a decent job on my Passport.

What device are you using and how many Android apps are installed on it?

It could be that your device is running low on ram (try restarting your device), or you're simply putting a lot of strain on the Android Runtime with the amount of apps installed. I remember reading there's a limit to how many Android apps are recommended to have installed.

 Passport (10.3.3.3216) /  KEYᵒⁿᵉ "Black Edition" (8.1.0)
    08-21-18 02:58 PM
  16. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    yes, facebook native dead

08-22-18 11:07 PM