Is there a way to extract some text messages from a Blackberry Link backup? MagicBerry or menastep is no longer in 'business' and my Q10 is apparently dead. I did a system restore and I get some error message, and the USB port is dead.
    07-03-16 09:14 AM
    Is there a way to extract some text messages from a Blackberry Link backup? MagicBerry or menastep is no longer in 'business' and my Q10 is apparently dead. I did a system restore and I get some error message, and the USB port is dead.
    I believe your only options to decrypting and parsing BlackBerry 10 backups without the device is going to involve forensics software (Oxygen Forensics offer single licenses or Elcomsoft Phone Viewer). MagicBerry wasn't functional for BB10 backups.

If the forensic solution is cost prohibitive then a more reasonable alternative would be to obtain an inexpensive replacement BB10 device (any would do), set it up, and restore from the BB Link backup with the BBID of your dead Q10.
    I believe your only options to decrypting and parsing BlackBerry 10 backups without the device is going to involve forensics software (Oxygen Forensics offer single licenses or Elcomsoft Phone Viewer). MagicBerry wasn't functional for BB10 backups.

If the forensic solution is cost prohibitive then a more reasonable alternative would be to obtain an inexpensive replacement BB10 device (any would do), set it up, and restore from the BB Link backup with the BBID of your dead Q10.
    Last edited by semime; 07-03-16 at 01:56 PM.
    07-03-16 01:18 PM