I don't remember this being the case before, and on the Passport it is not an issue...

On my Z10, when I have a space at the end of a sentence and then use appropriate punctuation, the space remains. On the Passport (and I've just checked this again), if I have a space, the auto-correct removes the space when I use the punctuation. This wouldn't be an issue but when you use the flick to type, it automatically leaves a space, so if you flick the last word of your sentence, you have to delete the space before using the punctuation.

Anyone else experiencing this? I don't remember it being a problem before... is there a setting or something I am missing or have unknowingly changed?
    08-10-15 01:26 PM
    Howdy fellow Vancouverite!

This has been a problem since the beginning of BB10, but it's not consistent. By that I mean there are some punctuation marks that work properly and autodelete the space before, while others like colon & semicolon have never worked. Some work situationally, the prime example being close-parantheses which usually work but have a couple circumstances where they don't.

I've never used a hardware keyboard BB10 device for more than a few minutes, so I can't comment whether they work any differently.
    08-10-15 03:18 PM
    This thread moved from Ask-A-Question to BB10 Forum where it belongs.

Ask-A-Question is for brand new members or guests. Other members must select the most appropriate Forum for their thread.
    08-10-15 03:21 PM
    My Z30 handles the space. Flicked "space" just now, got the space, pressed period, and it removed the space appropriately.

Are you on latest OS?

I didn't see any setting to enable or disable. I can't see how that would be learned, either.

Posted via CB10
    Thorsten Heinsight likes this.
    08-10-15 04:56 PM
    My Z30 handles the space. Flicked "space" just now, got the space, pressed period, and it removed the space appropriately.
    Mine also automatically removes the space when you add the punctuation. Running the latest 10.3.2.
    08-10-15 04:59 PM
    Thanks for the responses everyone! And "hello" to fellow Vancouverite!

I actually solved the mystery. I had recently enabled a second language on my device (my wife is French-Canadian and the awesome predictive text on BB10 helps me impress her with my quickly improving 'skills') and when I removed French from my input languages, the extra space stopped.

It was something that I knew wasn't always this way so I thought I would try to change that option back and, sure enough, that did it. I'm not aware of this actually being any sort of rule with properly using punctuation when speaking French but, according to BlackBerry, it is.
    08-12-15 01:40 AM
    Pancakes!!

Passport  - Tthe Final Destination - Winnipeg Mb Apparel | Headshop | Vapeshop | Tattoos
    08-12-15 02:09 AM
    I'm not aware of this actually being any sort of rule with properly using punctuation when speaking French but, according to BlackBerry, it is.
    Well, the rule is every "double" punctuations (when you have to raise the pen) like :;?! must have a space before and after. The "simple" punctuations like ,. need just one space after.
    BCITMike likes this.
    08-12-15 06:06 AM
    Well, the rule is every "double" punctuations (when you have to raise the pen) like :;?! must have a space before and after. The "simple" punctuations like ,. need just one space after.
    Very interesting indeed. Is this a language specific rule?

There were times that I did think that it looked good ; the semicolon in particular seemed to make more sense with the extra space.
    08-12-15 10:46 AM
    Very interesting indeed. Is this a language specific rule?
    Well, french from France
    08-12-15 11:31 AM
    Pourquoi ?

Instead of

Pourquoi?

If so, I don't recall them mentioning this in Canadian french class. But good to know!
    08-12-15 01:25 PM
    It could be one of those rules from when penmanship was something still taught in school. It seems to be more of a 'writing' thing than a 'language' thing.

And the French are so proper that it would make sense that their rules carry over into the digital world.
    08-13-15 12:50 AM