We use a NAS with Exchange ActiveSync for syncing family related contacts and calendar events. But due to security thoughts and the decision to not open ports of it to make it accessible from outside of our network, everytime I'm not logged in our WiFi, my Classic says that it is unable to sync with this particular account.
    Well, that is right and no problem. What's more problematic is, that due to this there is no BlackBerry Flow Icon in the upper right corner which would indicate that push services work. I've experienced that services like whatsapp sometimes do not sync correct now since I've set up the Exchange account.

Now I'm wondering if it is possible to only sync a particular account only over WiFi in general or my home WiFi in particular?
    Or maybe there's another way to disable account sync for this account, that other services work without problems unlike now.

Via SQC100-1/10.3.2.2836
    03-09-16 11:17 AM
    It seems like the option "use VPN" in account settings solves it. Now I'm able to sync via WiFi while over mobile network it does not make any problems so far.
    I do not know what exactly the BlackBerry is doing, since I did not enable nor set up any VPN profiles,but hey, it works...
    At least from my point of view, this option should not solve this problem, but maybe some of you have an explanation for that.

Will keep this posted, if any problems occur or anything like that.

Via SQC100-1/10.3.2.2836
    03-09-16 09:46 PM
    Okay, it just seemed like this would be the solution. But like I thought, this VPN setting does not really help.
    So I am where I have been before.

Turning push off does not help and it seems like there is no option to sync an exchange server only over WiFi.

I will work on a solution, maybe there is some way for a workaround. If I find one, I will post it here.

If someone of you had any ideas on it, I would be happy if you elaborate.

Via SQC100-1/10.3.2.2836
    03-11-16 06:49 PM