I'm loving that 10.2 has an unlimited sync option for my Exchange ActiveSync email account, but it's also causing me a bit of grief. And I should start by saying that I'm very surprised (and impressed) that as soon as I changed to this option, my phone synced back as far back as I've had this email account. I assumed it would start keeping messages forever on a go-forward; so this is a real bonus to have it retroactively sync all the way back.

But I digress. The real reason for my post is that the notification bar shows that I have 3471 unread messages, and I can't get it to go away. I've tried 'Mark prior read' and 'Delete prior' all to no avail. And I noticed that they're not really "unread" messages per se. Notice the hollow-yellow envelopes for these 3471 messages in the first shot, and then the solid yellow envelope for a real unread message. I used to get those hollow-envelopes sometimes in the past when I'd file a message in a folder, and then someone would go wonky and it should show up in my inbox again with the yellow border and the white interior. But now I have 3471 of those that I can't clear. Even opening them one-by-one won't clear them...I'd actually have to delete them one-by-one.

There must be another way around this? Anyone else experience this? Or know what causes it? Or better yet, how to fix it?

Oh and PS, to auto-fill function for the email To field is out of control. It's adding in email addresses I haven't used in many, many years. It's like it's increased the auto-fill cache now that I'm syncing all the way back in time. Can I clear the auto-fill cache?

10-24-13 09:05 PM
    Have you tried deleting the email accounts and readding them?
    10-25-13 05:29 AM
    The email address auto fill is a bit of a nuisance and needs attention. The email addresses are being drawn not only from your contact list(s), but also from every email that you've just synced back "forever". I went through this when I did my first "forever" sync. The good news is that it seems to get better, as the device learns which email addresses you actually use.

About the 3000+ unread messages... If not for the fact that you're apparently getting unread messages in sub-folders, I'd say it sounds like you were syncing a POP account. Can you confirm?
    10-25-13 01:48 PM
    Have you tried deleting the email accounts and readding them?
    Thank you for the suggestion. I just tried that this morning and all the emails crept back in. It was worth a shot though.
    10-25-13 02:10 PM
    About the 3000+ unread messages... If not for the fact that you're apparently getting unread messages in sub-folders, I'd say it sounds like you were syncing a POP account. Can you confirm?
    Definitely not POP mail. It's Exchange. And these unread messages are all showing in my inbox. From the looks of it they're all previously deleted messages. I went into my Outlook client and emptied my trash, but that didn't help either.
    10-25-13 02:13 PM
    For what it's worth when I get emails with the yellow outlined icon it's mail that's been sent to my junk email in outlook. Note that it is an outlined folder not an envelope. Hope this helps.

Gregg
    10-25-13 02:21 PM
    For what it's worth when I get emails with the yellow outlined icon it's mail that's been sent to my junk email in outlook. Note that it is an outlined folder not an envelope. Hope this helps.

Gregg
    Yes, I've noticed that too. It also happens to me when I file a message in a folder, and then it pops back in my inbox with the outline online. It's almost like there was some sort of communication error between my BlackBerry and the Exchange server, so I need to re-file it. Those situations are few and far between though. Now it's giving me thousands of those dating back 2 years. Really frustrating. And why won't the 'Mark prior read' or 'Delete prior' work?? That would solve all my problems.
    10-25-13 02:33 PM
    I finally finished deleting them all. Oyy...
    10-26-13 12:46 AM
    I finally finished deleting them all. Oyy...
    I just deselected the show filed messages switch. Then filed messages don't get shown. Easy.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1791
    10-26-13 02:01 AM
    Exchange email issues with unlimited sync on 10.2-img_00000617.png

z10stl100-2/10.2.0.1791
    10-26-13 02:02 AM
    I just deselected the show filed messages switch. Then filed messages don't get shown. Easy.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1791
    Yes, I checked that and it wasn't selected. Different issue for me.
    10-26-13 02:15 AM
    Yes, I checked that and it wasn't selected. Different issue for me.
    Bummer. I hope it doesn't occur again.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1791
    10-26-13 02:20 AM