Hi all,

Loving my Z30, first BlackBerry device for me and I am enjoying it very much. The only major issue I am having is the phone keeps dropping my work's exchange Activesync connection. It says user details are invalid. A simple toggle of an account setting and back then save reconnects it, and up until yesterday it would drop out when my network connections changed. Yesterday, it dropped out about 10 times with no change in connection settings. I'm on 10.2.0.253 and have no newer update available from my carrier. I've been through older threads, but really haven't noticed anything conclusive. Any help greatly appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 05:00 PM
    Hey... welcome to CB... is it possible that your company has stopped BlackBerry phones to login to their networks? you may want to check with your IT... also did you use advanced settings or did you just use the wizard to add the account?

I used the wizard and everything just works fine with my exchange active sync

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 05:23 PM
    Thanks for the welcome, and the reply. I have done both... I am getting connected, but the client on the phone keeps reporting as if my password has been dropped or changed, which it hasn't. I'll try setting it up again via wizard. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 05:31 PM
    Thanks for the welcome, and the reply. I have done both... I am getting connected, but the client on the phone keeps reporting as if my password has been dropped or changed, which it hasn't. I'll try setting it up again via wizard. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    What version of Exchange is your work using and what is the exact error you are getting when it "drops out"?

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 06:55 PM
    Since updating to 10.2 1055 I am have an issue. I get an All_Subset etc alert in the hub only for the account that uses Exchange. Nothing has changed, using same settings as 10.1

Going to do a security wipe and try again.
    12-10-13 11:42 PM
    Hi HotFix,

The error is: not connected, account invalid.

This is a new message since deleting and adding the account again. Not sure what version of exchange, I suspect 2007. I'll see if I can find out.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 12:16 AM
    Hi HotFix,

The error is: not connected, account invalid.

This is a new message since deleting and adding the account again. Not sure what version of exchange, I suspect 2007. I'll see if I can find out.

Posted via CB10
    If you have a login for Outlook Web Access/App, then just go to that page and there should be a graphic noting what version of Exchange you have.

If you have Exchange 2010 or later, you can use ActiveSync logging through Outlook Web App. While the steps are for Office 365, they should be the same for Exchange as Office 365 is running Exchange on the back end:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2461792/en-us

Also a screen shot of the error might be helpful.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 06:22 AM
    Ok, thanks for the information... exchange server is 14.2.247.0.
    Error message shown in attached screenshot.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 07:19 PM
    Ok, thanks for the information... exchange server is 14.2.247.0.
    Error message shown in attached screenshot.

Posted via CB10
    FYI it looks like your Exchange system is a service pack behind:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...d-numbers.aspx
    You appear to be running SP2 and SP3 is the latest service pack. Also Rollup 4 for Service Pack 3 was released two days ago and should be applied as well as it has a security fix in it.

If you have any control/influence over getting the Exchange server up to date, that's the first place I would start because you never know when you are dealing with a known (and fixed) issue.

Also I don't see a screen shot so please upload one if you can.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 07:27 PM
    I haven't been able to add the screenshot in cb10...

About the exchange server service packs, I have zero influence over updating...

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 07:46 PM
    Hopefully, screenshot attached.

Nope, still won't attach...

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 08:06 PM
    I haven't been able to add the screenshot in cb10...

About the exchange server service packs, I have zero influence over updating...

Posted via CB10
    Sometimes begging works. :-)

In all seriousness they need to upgrade ASAP to address the security vulnerability here:
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/...-exchange.aspx
    It looks like they are making an update for SP2 but they should get to SP3 Rollup 4 to get current.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 08:31 PM
    :-) I'll pass the information on to the sysadmins, thanks for the detailed replies.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 09:00 PM
    :-) I'll pass the information on to the sysadmins, thanks for the detailed replies.

Posted via CB10
    Do try the ActiveSync logging to see if your device is actually talking to the server or not when you get the error messages.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 09:04 PM
    No entries of note in the Activesync logs, it's like the phone disappears when the error shows on it, and appears again when I go through the save settings routine to re-establish the connection.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 06:05 PM
    No entries of note in the Activesync logs, it's like the phone disappears when the error shows on it, and appears again when I go through the save settings routine to re-establish the connection.

Posted via CB10
    It sounds like something is interfering with the communications with your server. My recommendation is to analyze what is in between your device and your sever and see if you can remove it or rule it out as a source if connectivity issues. For example if you have a firewall in protecting your server from the Internet, check to make sure it isn't logging anything odd with your device connection attempts. Also of you can connect your device to a local Wi-Fi connecting where your server is local then perhaps you can eliminate some of the devices in the path such as the afore mentioned firewall.

I wish I had some other trick up my sleve to offer you but right now I can't come up with anything.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 08:15 PM
    HotFix - Thanks for all your assistance. I am a contractor to a large government department who hosts the exchange setup in their data center which I have no access to. I suspect there will be TMG forefront firewalls in front of the exchange servers, so anything is possible. I wanted to make sure first that the issue wasn't something I was doing wrong on the phone, or a bug in BB10. I will escalate to the service desk to see what they say. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 11:52 PM
    I was curious if anyone found a fix for this. Having the exact same issue here. Exchange / activesync worked fine on previous leaks, our server is up to date as well.

It is the most annoying issue one could have - needing to reference a work email or needing to call a contact; email and contact list both completely missing. Upon searching others are having the same issue as well. Any update would be great to hear. Thanks in advance.
    12-23-13 01:14 PM
    I was curious if anyone found a fix for this. Having the exact same issue here. Exchange / activesync worked fine on previous leaks, our server is up to date as well.

It is the most annoying issue one could have - needing to reference a work email or needing to call a contact; email and contact list both completely missing. Upon searching others are having the same issue as well. Any update would be great to hear. Thanks in advance.
    Did you run the logging I referenced above?

Also this thread was for a device losing connectivity to Exchange, not for missing email or contacts, so I suspect your issue may be different.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 02:55 PM
    I really suspect that this is a server side issue. I was running 10.1.x, then 10.2.1.1055, and now 10.2.1.1259, and have had no issues with our Exchange server and Active sync. It is on latest update. I don't work with it directly, but have several "go to"s in the IT dept.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 03:14 PM
    I really suspect that this is a server side issue. I was running 10.1.x, then 10.2.1.1055, and now 10.2.1.1259, and have had no issues with our Exchange server and Active sync. It is on latest update. I don't work with it directly, but have several "go to"s in the IT dept.

Posted via CB10
    As an Exchange guy, I have to ask why you think this is a server side issue? The BlackBerry devices support the latest ActiveSync implementations and from what I have seen work well with large enterprise Exchange deployments (mine included) .

Exchange 2010 SP3 RU4 did just get released, but my shop deployed it with 0 issues.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 03:19 PM
    Hi Hotfix and Paisley- thank for the replie. I haven't asked our folks about logging at the firewall. I will have to do this once they get back from the Christmas break. I believe it is the same issue. Once you lose "connection" through Activesynch/Exchange contacts/email are gone. Flip an option in the account setting say push or something else, save, then reset the option, usually it "reconnects" then synchs email and contacts again, having to redownload. I am running the new leak of 10.2 with the 1259 OS Software as of this morning. Only took a half hour to disconnect and lose email/contacts. So frustrating.
    12-24-13 01:21 PM
    Hi Hotfix and Paisley- thank for the replie. I haven't asked our folks about logging at the firewall. I will have to do this once they get back from the Christmas break. I believe it is the same issue. Once you lose "connection" through Activesynch/Exchange contacts/email are gone. Flip an option in the account setting say push or something else, save, then reset the option, usually it "reconnects" then synchs email and contacts again, having to redownload. I am running the new leak of 10.2 with the 1259 OS Software as of this morning. Only took a half hour to disconnect and lose email/contacts. So frustrating.
    The logging I am referring to is initiated by you through OWA.

I have never heard of anyone having email disappear because of synching issues. New mail delays sure but not existing email disappearing. My suggestion to you is to contact BlackBerry technical support about your email disappearing and go from there.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 01:59 PM
    There are a few threads out there so I know I am not being a hypochondriac or in this case a berrrychondriac. Pretty much word for word issues. Not like other well documented issues but it is there none the less. I will have to plead ignorance on the logging. I have my OWA open and can not see anything related to server ID or where to look to initiate logging.
    12-24-13 02:13 PM
    There are a few threads out there so I know I am not being a hypochondriac or in this case a berrrychondriac. Pretty much word for word issues. Not like other well documented issues but it is there none the less. I will have to plead ignorance on the logging. I have my OWA open and can not see anything related to server ID or where to look to initiate logging.
    I posted a link earlier in this thread that walks you through how to turn on logging in OWA if you are on Exchange 2010 or 2013.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 02:24 PM
40 12