All threads like this do is prove that everybody's taste is different. BlackBerry, and in fact any OS manufacturer, can't be all things to all people. I liked the look of 10.2 better initially after updating. Yesterday, I looked at buddies phone that had 10.2 still on it and, after 3 weeks on 10.3, I thought it looked dated....who knew...
    I will say this, 10.3 is demonstrably faster, smoother and better on batteries. I had none of problems others have had (Z30). Some apps don't function well in 10.3, but that's a Dev issue.
    JMO...Cheers

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 11:19 AM
    It is not just a matter of taste. Bigger icons, and fonts, would make the device easier to use, or even usable, for blind people. No matter how happy someone describes their experience with the OS, it is trivial.
    03-18-15 12:26 PM
    - icons are cramped, lower quality and cartoon style
    - text under icons is extremely tiny (on Z10)
    - calendar is worse, less informative
    - camera autofocus is slower, never got fixed
    - keyboard flick accuracy is worse
    - browser with no Flash support (just to mention)
    - UI is like Android skin with iOS buttons, nothing innovative
    - same OS inconsistency, menus everywhere
    - same bugs in fonts scaling and text fields resizing
    - again no customizations whatsoever
    - Send button in a wrong place in Messaging
    - device monitor is still buggy
    - system apps with very minor updates
    - Weather is still showing wrong city
    - Blend software needs update badly, very basic
    - battery saving is killing performance
    - LED color notifications not new, there is an app for that
    - advanced interactions buggy (on Z10)
    - Amazon app store is very basic, doesn't have popular apps

It's not the icons size only...
    - opinion
    - how often do you read the icon names? Again, opinion, and most disagree
    -camera autofocus has never been better, again you must not have tried anything to solve this issue
    - works fine for most, no one has complained about it since early leaks
    -stupid thing to mention. Mobile Flash was abandoned by adobe and is an obvious security threat since it doesn't get any security updates (almost weekly on desktop, for example)
    -same as before? Why is this on your comparison list?
    -same as before?
    -same as before?
    -what? Wrong place? What's the right place? It's always been there.
    -never seen my device monitor bug
    -is this even a complaint?
    -my weather has always showed the right city. Go outside and get a better gps signal
    -so now you have blend, which works decently, but you prefer nothing at all. Ok.
    -battery saving is killing performance? How else would it work? And it doesn't affect performance, from the majority of threads here.
    -led colors is new, built in, doesn't need a crappy half-assed app to work. Is this a complaint?
    -advanced interactions work fine. No issue with any of them reported anywhere
    -amazon app store has plenty of apps. That work well on BlackBerry. Stop whining
    Thor1972 likes this.
    03-18-15 12:38 PM
    It is not just a matter of taste. Bigger icons, and fonts, would make the device easier to use, or even usable, for blind people. No matter how happy someone describes their experience with the OS, it is trivial.
    No. I like the icons this way on my q5.
    There are more on a screen, they are simplistic in nature so they are easily identifiable. Do you read the text every single time you open an app? Really?
    Just get some glasses. Clearly you need them
    03-18-15 12:40 PM
    Again, opinion, and most disagree... Stop whining
    You have the right to disagree. You're not the one to tell others what to do.
    I already have original Android device, don't need imitations and emulations.

A little more creativity to show that BB was capable of once again leading rather than following.
    No more leading, hard to follow with the resources they have... it's surviving.
    The new update with so many issues will reduce further BlackBerry users.
    03-18-15 02:49 PM
    I can live with the size of the icons but I absolutely HATE the new color theme!! the green of the phone symbol, the picture gallery and the calendar are absolutely DREADFUL! It's the most disgusting green ever. WHY would BB change the "normal" green to this absolutely shade?!
    03-18-15 05:22 PM
    You have the right to disagree. You're not the one to tell others what to do.
    I already have original Android device, don't need imitations and emulations.

No more leading, hard to follow with the resources they have... it's surviving.
    The new update with so many issues will reduce further BlackBerry users.
    Lol, rich coming from a guy still on 10.2.1. Patches have been released and the vast majority of issues fixed. Can't blame you for not knowing since you're evidently btching without actually using the OS. As for your icon situation:

Ewww.  10.3 Icons Are Too Small.-2.png

Ewww.  10.3 Icons Are Too Small.-img_20140514_222508.png

Because the icons on android are so much bigger. Stick to your high end Droid as a primary. Just so it's clear, no I'm not being an apologist for BlackBerry, but I find it amusing that someone with as many issues as you have with the device continues to use it and participate on cb forums.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 06:53 PM
    Because the icons on android are so much bigger.
    Icons in Android can be as big/small as you want them to be, can be replaced, renamed, even color modified. BB10 has no screen customization options except wallpaper and limited font size (with issues, text field scaling). But this is not the main reason I'm using Android as a main device. Apps I need are not available for BB10 and don't work on BB10 Android Runtime.

... but I find it amusing that someone with as many issues as you have with the device continues to use it and participate on cb forums.
    The list above contains only half of 10.3.1 update issues. There are not "my issues", but confirmed by other users in about hundred threads here on CB and many acknowledged by BlackBerry. I know how to eliminate most of issues (clean autoloader installation), but this is unacceptable option for general users. Some bugs are present from at least 5-6 leaks back and were never fixed, including the last release. When I see something wrong, I share it on CB. I perfectly understand many users have lower expectations and don't pay too much attention on details.
    03-18-15 07:43 PM
    You say "tomato", I say "tomato"... LMAO!

I actually like the smaller icons; I get more "desktop real estate".

Sorry, my post was totally useless. I just wanted to do that "tomato" thing. See kids? Tone does NOT carry in email!

Posted via CB10
    Thor1972 likes this.
    03-18-15 09:09 PM
    It is ironic that some of the people who complain that the 10.3 icons are too small on their devices are the very same people who complain that they can't get Netflix to watch movies on their tiny 4" or 5" screens...
    03-20-15 07:10 AM
    [warn]
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don�t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.[/warn]

A few not nice posts have already been removed. Next stop, somebody gets a free gift from the infraction bin.
    john_v likes this.
    03-20-15 07:22 AM
36 12