05-21-19 03:21 PM
106 ... 345
tools
    I am still trying to understand what a business phone is and why Android and iOS seems to not quantify. I must be doing something wrong with my Android phone. I run a large multi million dollar division for one od the largest enterprise software companies in the world. I do most of my work with my phone. While traveling I use my phone for about 90% of my work. The other 10% requires VMs for demo work and discussions. I do also prefer to present my PowerPoint presentations from my laptop, but can and have used my phone sometimes for presentations. I do most of my PowerPoint editing on planes with my Android phone and it works great.

We also have Android and iOS inhouse applications the management teams use and have to use. I have a secure app I use to access the corporate file servers. We also use a secure messaging app. I am also a big user of Office 365, including SharePoint and Onenote. Phones are secured by our security systems. In the last month I attended two conferences and all of the materials and schedules were only available through the Conference's Android and iOS apps. Neither conference had the materials available in a browser. I travel a lot and my travel apps make the process very easy and efficient.

I could go on with many day to day business uses carried out very efficiently using Android. I have coworkers doing the same with iOS. I laugh every time I here people talk about games. The only game I have on my phone is solitaire. I do use my for music and Audible. Great to accomplish everything I need with one device.
    Anyone saying that any platform is or is not usable for business is either stupid or trolling or quite possibly both.

I think one's perception and preference is tied to use case. One size does not fit all. If you have a workflow based on third-party mobile apps such as CRM, conferencing platforms, social networks, etc, then Android and iOS are really the only game in town.

But if your work can't be accomplished on such apps because you use sophisticated software that doesn't run on mobile, so that a phone is only used for email and calls, BB10 might still be a better option for some existing BB10 users.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    04-16-19 11:03 AM
    Anyone saying that any platform is or is not usable for business is either stupid or trolling or quite possibly both.

I think one's perception and preference is tied to use case. One size does not fit all. If you have a workflow based on third-party mobile apps such as CRM, conferencing platforms, social networks, etc, then Android and iOS are really the only game in town.

But if your work can't be accomplished on such apps because you use sophisticated software that doesn't run on mobile, so that a phone is only used for email and calls, BB10 might still be a better option for some existing BB10 users.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Evidence Blackberry 10 phones will work even if bbid shuts down.-tenor.gif
    ppeters914 likes this.
    04-16-19 11:57 AM
    Post #100 !

Posted via CB10
    And it should have ended there... or about 90 post before.
    ppeters914 and otaku2 like this.
    04-16-19 01:43 PM
    All I'd like to know is if the basics of the phone will work, phone.. text.. email and calendar..

Posted via CB10
    05-14-19 12:36 AM
    All I'd like to know is if the basics of the phone will work, phone.. text.. email and calendar..

Posted via CB10
    I'm using my Classic BBID less for a while now. Now problems.

I think the problem might arise when you like to reboot, but I'm not sure. That is actually the reason why I went BBID less. I have only the preinstalled apps + some android apps and that is enough for me.
    05-20-19 01:25 PM
    Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-19 03:21 PM
106 ... 345