Today when I heard that they are exploring the possibility of selling the company it was very sad. Its a Canadian company and to me that is very important. Yes I realize thorsten isn't Canadian and the majority of share holders aren't Canadian so you may say that it isn't a Canadian company, but to me it is. if it gets sold it will lose its Canadian feel to it which will be very disappointing to me...

So if this does happen, at least thorsten heins tried so many other options before jumping to the "easy way out" of selling the company to a more stable company. You can just tell that selling BlackBerry was not his first choice. I think he genuinely wants it too succeed on its own so good for thorsten and the team for keeping at it.

I hope this sale doesn't happen, it's actually the last thing I want to see other than BlackBerry going out of business, so hopefully an alternative will be chosen such as a partnership that still leaves BlackBerry in control of itself.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 02:53 PM
    I'm with you. I hope it goes private, though.
    08-12-13 02:57 PM
    Yes. Me to. Going private let's them keep their company and get away from some of the negative press while they fix themselves then return with an even better BB10

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 03:09 PM
    I live in Waterloo, a few streets away from BlackBerry so I know how you feel. It especially would be a huge hit on my community which is sad.

The only companies I'd be happy with it partnering with/ being bought by is lenovo or dell. Especially Lenovo then it would still have a sweet feel to it. Then they need to buy Sierra Wireless and they will be at the top especially for security, hardware, M2M

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 03:13 PM
    I'm sure if they get sold it would be OK but if they're forced to change, then that would be a big hit on me

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 03:17 PM
    Could be good for the company to be sold, depending on the partner. What if Microsoft invested? Could they together clean Apple's clock? I think so. Many other scenarios that could be equally good for the company. Good for Canada? Depends. Definitely a private buy out would be great and there are already rumours in this regard.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 08:32 PM
    As long as they don't change......

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    08-13-13 10:10 PM
    08-13-13 10:26 PM