I dont know guys.. looks like its DTEK this and PRIV that..
    I have the PRIV, and boy, do i miss BB10. but its an app world out there....
    BerrySoul and moyah8 like this.
    09-13-16 03:26 PM
    What's to post?

If Bla1ze were a hardcore fan.... maybe he would start a hunger strike until 10.3.3 is released. Give us something to watch....

But the facts are simple at this point.... BB10 is the past, Android is a possibility, one that needs full support if there is to be any future BlackBerry hardware.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-13-16 03:47 PM
    Dude it's dead man.......sheesh
    09-13-16 03:50 PM
    What's to post?

If Bla1ze were a hardcore fan.... maybe he would start a hunger strike until 10.3.3 is released. Give us something to watch....

But the facts are simple at this point.... BB10 is the past, Android is a possibility, one that needs full support if there is to be any future BlackBerry hardware.
    There have been a few a great apps developed recently that gained quite some traction, like BlockIT for example. He could've written about that.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red)
    Last edited by Vistaus; 09-13-16 at 11:45 PM.
    09-13-16 04:46 PM
    The only BB10 "news" is that 10.3.3 is late. Blackberry has not mentioned it or a revised date (which I'm sure they've finally realized would've been the smart thing to do all along), so it's all speculation anyway.
    09-13-16 04:51 PM
    CrackBerry is just android central crap news. Nothing there to see.

  
    09-14-16 04:02 AM
    What's to post?

If Bla1ze were a hardcore fan.... maybe he would start a hunger strike until 10.3.3 is released. us something to watch....
    Nah, a guy's gotta eat.

And he might starve waiting for 10.3.3.

Instead, I'll bet he's growing his hair long under that cap and will have his hair cut by John Chen on the day 10.3.3 drops.

Probably why he keeps his cap on... To stop hair falling over his eyes...
    09-14-16 04:18 AM
    RIP
    Attached Thumbnails Even CrackBerry hasn't posted BB10 updates in awhile...-1473846070318.jpg  
    09-14-16 04:41 AM
    CrackBerry is just android central crap news. Nothing there to see.

  
    And yet you keep mucking around here asking "Where's 10.3.3?"

*C5303
    09-14-16 05:21 AM
    I dont know guys.. looks like its DTEK this and PRIV that..
    I have the PRIV, and boy, do i miss BB10. but its an app world out there....
    Aren't you "Appy"?

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    09-14-16 06:04 AM
    There have been a few a great apps developed recently that gained quite some traction, like BlockIT for example. He could've written about that.

Developed recently???? Maybe updated.... which is pretty good for BB10.

And on the BlockIT BBW page, they even link to an article from CrackBerry Prevent unwanted calls with BlockIt for BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com

Could BlackBerry rehash a bunch of BB10 stuff.... sure. Does rehashed articles drive views and increase page ranking.... no.
    09-14-16 07:28 AM
    The amount of whiners in Crackberry nowadays....
    09-14-16 01:03 PM
    The amount of whiners in Crackberry nowadays....
    We just need to be dinned by BlackBerry now and the date is a success. :-P

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    09-14-16 03:01 PM
    Developed recently???? Maybe updated.... which is pretty good for BB10.

And on the BlockIT BBW page, they even link to an article from CrackBerry Prevent unwanted calls with BlockIt for BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com

Could BlackBerry rehash a bunch of BB10 stuff.... sure. Does rehashed articles drive views and increase page ranking.... no.
    Okay, updated then. BBW and the dev were marketing it like it was new.

But even so, it was just an example. There are a few other new apps as well that could be reviewed (from the top of my head I can think of App Manager, which I also bought, its dev said it was a new app recently here on CrackBerry).

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red) <3
    09-14-16 03:49 PM
    Okay, updated then. BBW and the dev were marketing it like it was new.

But even so, it was just an example. There are a few other new apps as well that could be reviewed (from the top of my head I can think of App Manager, which I also bought, its dev said it was a new app recently here on CrackBerry).

You don't have your phone with you? What kind of fan are you?

If you have found a NEW App and it works really great.... hit Bla1ze up and let him know.

But the reality is that just like when BB10 was launched and BBOS was ignored for the most part... now that BB10 is history(almost 20 months since it's last major update) and Android is the future.... CrackBerry is probably going to focus on the future and not the past. Because if the Android hardware doesn't sell.... there won't be a hardware future at all.
    09-14-16 03:57 PM
    You don't have your phone with you? What kind of fan are you?

If you have found a NEW App and it works really great.... hit Bla1ze up and let him know.

But the reality is that just like when BB10 was launched and BBOS was ignored for the most part... now that BB10 is history(almost 20 months since it's last major update) and Android is the future.... CrackBerry is probably going to focus on the future and not the past. Because if the Android hardware doesn't sell.... there won't be a hardware future at all.
    I do have my phone with me, I'm using CrackBerry exclusively on my phone, 24/7. But that doesn't mean I always want to open up BBW and look up the apps that I wanted to mention.

09-14-16 04:14 PM
    It's dead. Why post anything.
    09-14-16 05:18 PM
    Maybe updated.... which is pretty good for BB10.
    Most app updates recently amount to this.

- Bug Fixes.

It gets hella boring writing, 'such and such app was updated, we have no clue what was really updated outside of bug fixes but hey... Enjoy!' And we have never really focused on posting about minor bug fixes for app updates anyway. Large ones, for sure. It's just more noticeable now that the level of new apps and large, noteworthy updates, is next to none.

Also, at the risk of sounding like a jerk to those developers who do still remain on the platform, it's very few and far between that there is anything unique about some of the apps released. It's really not the developers fault, though, that's what happens when you have a platform whose tools haven't been updated and no new API's have been opened up in a pretty long time.

Developers themselves are running out of stuff to create because of the limitations. Everyone likes to dump on WhatsApp for removing support for BB10 at the end of 2016 but this is the wall they ran into. They want to do more with their app and the system, BB10, won't allow for it.

This is why we're increasingly starting to see a level of duplication in those apps do get submitted to BlackBerry World, so much so that developers are fighting among each other claiming that each other have stolen apps ideas. Without mentioning names, you would be surprised the amount of apps handed to us for review which lead to nothing but arguments along the lines of 'You can't post their app. It's basically a rip off of mine!!'. When there's clear lines there it's easy to move forward but now the lines are so blurred because of the limitations that it's nearly impossible to say who was 'first' with each app lol.

Actually, BlockIT as noted earlier in this thread is a PRIME example of the duplication and running out of ideas I'm referring to.

This is the BlockIT we previously reviewed - https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/59940079
    This is the BlockIT that is more recent - https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/59997018

Now, no offensive to either developer but for all intents and purposes, aside from one being free and one being paid, they're the same app.

Folks can be mad at 'CrackBerry', folks can be mad at me personally, folks can be mad at developers, or whomever they wish but as I've said before, numerous times. Go ahead. Have a look at the landscape. Look how many BlackBerry blogs are still active, still making posts, still posting content and bringing people relevant news about BlackBerry. Several have died and shut their servers off, haven't been updated in months or have flipped their content so far from where they started that BlackBerry is an after thought.

But one thing is for sure, we're still here and we'll continue to be here serving the community, large or small, long after everyone else has moved on. It might not be at the capacity it once was when BlackBerry dominated the smartphone market but the relevant content will be covered.

PS: This already long post doesn't even account for the fact that BlackBerry themselves have largely switched off from talking about BlackBerry 10. That's a whole
    other ball game in an entirely different league. Think about it. Their last post tagged BlackBerry 10 on their own comapny blog was about how they're bringing that experience to Android.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 09-14-16 at 07:30 PM.
    09-14-16 06:27 PM
    This too. It's not as if I'm hiding. In fact, I would go out on a limb and say out of the sites owned by Mobile Nations, I'm one of the most accessible Editors to reach. I'm in the forums all the time, I'm on Twitter and my email isn't exactly a secret. About the only thing I don't really give out is my BBM PIN because people don't respect timezones.
    09-14-16 07:09 PM
    Folks can be mad at 'CrackBerry', folks can be mad at me personally, folks can be mad at developers, or whomever they wish
    You forgot Chen
    dmlis, zephyr613, eldricho and 3 others like this.
    09-14-16 07:31 PM
    This too. It's not as if I'm hiding. In fact, I would go out on a limb and say out of the sites owned by Mobile Nations, I'm one of the most accessible Editors to reach. I'm in the forums all the time, I'm on Twitter and my email isn't exactly a secret. About the only thing I don't really give out is my BBM PIN because people don't respect timezones.
    I already mentioned App Manager in this thread, you could review that. It's a really nice app created recently. You could also review the new version Browsie Browser as the UI and stuff has changed a lot. And sure, BlockIT might not be as original but it does work great, I prefer it over the other call blocking apps I've used and the dev is active on CrackBerry, he's really nice and dedicated. We now also have the URL to the page where we can see the status of the NIAP approval, an article about that could be written as well. Esp. since there are a lot of users who don't read all of the threads and keep complaining and then when I post the link they're happy. In other words, on the front page a bigger audience would see it.

Just a few ideas. I have some more ideas if you're interested (though you're probably not, given my previous experience with your colleague on webOS Nation).

Btw, I don't know what apps you're using but the ones I'm using *usually* carry more than just bug fixes in the updates. One example of that is the aforementioned new version of Browsie Browser.

Last edited by Vistaus; 09-15-16 at 03:36 AM.
    09-15-16 12:01 AM
    We could use an official "10.3.3 conjecture and other random prognostications" article.

Maybe they'll outright kill off BB10 without releasing 10.3.3... announce it at the earnings report perhaps? Trying to remember how they broke the "BB10 on Playbook is dead" news...
    09-15-16 12:17 AM
    We could use an official "10.3.3 conjecture and other random prognostications" article.

Maybe they'll outright kill off BB10 without releasing 10.3.3... announce it at the earnings report perhaps? Trying to remember how they broke the "BB10 on Playbook is dead" news...
    On an earnings call. BlackBerry announces BB10 is not coming to Playbook.
    09-15-16 03:16 AM

It would be pretty weird if they wouldn't release 10.3.3 given that they are on the waiting list for NIAP approval.
    https://www.cse-cst.gc.ca/en/canadia...uation-product

Sure, they broke their Playbook promise. But keep in mind that they've never finished that update in the first place. 10.3.3 is already finished, it's just waiting for certification. I don't see why they wouldn't release it after getting said approval 'cause then why did they go through all of the trouble and waiting for NIAP? Esp. since the update is finished already?
    09-15-16 03:38 AM
    It would be pretty weird if they wouldn't release 10.3.3 given that they are on the waiting list for NIAP approval.
    https://www.cse-cst.gc.ca/en/canadia...uation-product

Sure, they broke their Playbook promise. But keep in mind that they've never finished that update in the first place. 10.3.3 is already finished, it's just waiting for certification. I don't see why they wouldn't release it after getting said approval 'cause then why did they go through all of the trouble and waiting for NIAP? Esp. since the update is finished already?
    Just my own thinking... but I would imaging that BlackBerry wants at least Verizon and AT&T onboard when this is pushed out. Doesn't do much good to release NIAP certification, if the customers that have "asked" for it can't download it. But BlackBerry has had trouble with some of their latest releases of BB10... hard to put out a bug free version when you don't have the staff to do the coding and testing. And you can bet that neither carrier is interested in pushing out a buggy OS to what for the most part are EOL products. Verizon no longer sells BB10 devcies and AT&T only has the Classic left (and it's out of production).

Getting both to agree to this update is probably harder then they expected.
    09-15-16 07:54 AM
60 123