RIP
    Wow, how on earth did you managed to crack the screen of a Passport? Last year I dropped mine (I still wince when I think about it) over 6 feet onto a marble floor and it landed face down, and there isn't even a scratch on the screen. (Though the 'swipe to wake' did seem to become ultra-sensitive after this incident and I had to turn it off).
    09-15-16 09:32 AM
    I miss the days we used to see UPDATES every week on blackberry world . It's almost two years I have not seen any, BB10 could be EOL

Posted via CB10
    09-15-16 11:51 AM
    I miss the days we used to see UPDATES every week on blackberry world . It's almost two years I have not seen any, BB10 could be EOL

Posted via CB10
    It has been said officially countless times. BB10 is only going to be getting small security updates from now on as the company moves it's business strategy to Android and multi platform software.

Bb10 is more or less deed. People have to just accept this.

Posted via the 5X
    09-15-16 01:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    What apps do you use? 'Cause I still have weekly app updates on my BBW. Same for my mum's BBW.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red) <3
    09-15-16 04:47 PM
    Just my own thinking... but I would imaging that BlackBerry wants at least Verizon and AT&T onboard when this is pushed out. Doesn't do much good to release NIAP certification, if the customers that have "asked" for it can't download it. But BlackBerry has had trouble with some of their latest releases of BB10... hard to put out a bug free version when you don't have the staff to do the coding and testing. And you can bet that neither carrier is interested in pushing out a buggy OS to what for the most part are EOL products. Verizon no longer sells BB10 devcies and AT&T only has the Classic left (and it's out of production).

Getting both to agree to this update is probably harder then they expected.
    Could be, but fact is that the NIAP evaluation is still in progress so they don't even have anything to show off to the carriers. Unless they're showing off one of the builds we see in the Latest Spotted OS thread...

09-15-16 04:48 PM
    Just my own thinking... but I would imaging that BlackBerry wants at least Verizon and AT&T onboard when this is pushed out. Doesn't do much good to release NIAP certification, if the customers that have "asked" for it can't download it. But BlackBerry has had trouble with some of their latest releases of BB10... hard to put out a bug free version when you don't have the staff to do the coding and testing. And you can bet that neither carrier is interested in pushing out a buggy OS to what for the most part are EOL products. Verizon no longer sells BB10 devcies and AT&T only has the Classic left (and it's out of production).

Getting both to agree to this update is probably harder then they expected.
    You see how difficult it is for even Apple to put out a trouble-free update... and they've got the money and resources to properly support their OS.
    Vistaus likes this.
    09-15-16 09:51 PM
    Could be, but fact is that the NIAP evaluation is still in progress so they don't even have anything to show off to the carriers. Unless they're showing off one of the builds we see in the Latest Spotted OS thread...
    If it's not yet been given to the carriers, does that mean the carrier certification process still needs to be done?
    09-15-16 10:01 PM
    Bla1ze, would you allow user submitted articles relating to BB10?

I think there's still value in highlighting apps from the Google Play Store that work great on BB10 and are deeply integrated. Even though BB10 is essentially dead, the BlackBerry developers did put a lot of work into creating a unique hybrid OS and bringing a lot of cool functionality.

I just think it'd really make this place at least look better. I know money must be made, but it's looking rough with over half the front page articles just being advertisements now.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-16 11:23 PM
    Bla1ze, would you allow user submitted articles relating to BB10?
    Always have. Even have a forum for it - App Reviews - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com and basically an incentive program - http://forums.crackberry.com/app-rev...reviews-94847/. Also, in regards to your comments about highlighting Android apps. Here's why we've slowly moved away from highlighting them on BlackBerry 10.

1) Bit obvious, but BlackBerry now offers Android devices.
    2) While Colbalt's tools are fantastic, there's still many people who simply don't get it and no matter how many tutorials you have, they will never get it. That leads to many other problems such as people downloading shady APK files, which is now even more convoluted because BB has Android devices. Those Android BB users could now end up downloading those shady APK's and actually end up infecting their devices whereas with BB10 and the way the runtime works, there was minimal risk of that.
    3) Even if the tools are installed, the experience isn't always the best. Some apps that work for some, don't work for others, etc etc
    4) The large majority of posts that covered Android apps in the past, were met with a lot of negativity. Much like how the Priv and DTEK posts are now. It grew tiresome for the writing staff to basically be writing articles for the hardcore and have the hardcore basically say 'F this Android crap!' all the time.

I'm not against writing them or having others write about them for them to be posted, but I would be being less than truthful if I said it was at the top of my list of things I think about in the day to day operations. I have a Priv and a DTEK50 and while I still use my Passport often, I've not installed any Android apps on it in many moons because there's simply no need. I use my Passport for what it is, not what it could be if BlackBerry poured more money into. I have BlackBerry Android devices and as you seem perfectly aware, the device future for BlackBerry is NOT BlackBerry 10.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 09-16-16 at 12:09 AM.
    09-15-16 11:32 PM
    If it's not yet been given to the carriers, does that mean the carrier certification process still needs to be done?
    Yes, unless they're certifying based on the pre-release builds we see in the Latest Spotted OS thread 'cause they know that they're 99.9% the same as the official public release. But if not then carrier certification still has to be done.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red)
    09-15-16 11:49 PM
    this too. It's not as if i'm hiding. In fact, i would go out on a limb and say out of the sites owned by mobile nations, i'm one of the most accessible editors to reach. I'm in the forums all the time, i'm on twitter and my email isn't exactly a secret. About the only thing i don't really give out is my bbm pin because people don't respect timezones.
    +1

z30sta100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-15-16 11:52 PM
    Always have. Even have a forum for it - App Reviews - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com and basically an incentive program - http://forums.crackberry.com/app-rev...reviews-94847/. Also, in regards to your comments about highlighting Android apps. Here's why we've slowly moved away from highlighting them on BlackBerry 10.

1) Bit obvious, but BlackBerry now offers Android devices.
    2) While Colbalt's tools are fantastic, there's still many people who simply don't get it and no matter how many tutorials you have, they will never get it.
    3) Even if the tools installed and, the experience isn't always the best. Some apps that work for some, don't work for others, etc etc.
    4) The large majority of posts that covered Android apps in the past, were met with a lot of negativity. Much like how the Priv and DTEK posts are now. It grew tiresome for the writing staff to basically be writing articles for the hardcore and have the hardcore basically say 'F this Android crap!' all the time.
    Have you also read my post directed at you? 'Cause I did give you some ideas and stuff.

09-15-16 11:54 PM
    Have you also read my post directed at you? 'Cause I did give you some ideas and stuff.

Sure, App Manager, BlockIT. NIAP status.

And while I'm not trying to diminish what you said, that NIAP page is nothing but a 'good feeling' page. What I mean by that is that people get a good feeling thinking that something is happening when they see it and read it. But at the end of the day, that page means very little and is only directed at Canadian certification of the common criteria.

Passing through Canadian certification isn't definitive for US certification, it can still be declined so really Canada could approve it and it could sit in the US evaluation until BlackBerry says screw it, we're done with BB10.

And that doesn't even begin to address the fact that it would still need to make its way to carriers after said approval(s) which we all know can be a PITA. Unless BlackBerry delivered the OS to carriers months ago for testing and they already approved, that means it would still have to go through their process, be evaluated, and pushed out to end users.

The only ones who would benefit immed. are those on ShopBB/Amazon devices and those who use autoloaders (because one would end up being made for it lol) and I'm using the word 'benefit' very loosely because 10.3.3 is not some radical new OS update that's gonna reinvigorate BlackBerry 10. It's a very minor bug fixes, a few browser additions, and NIAP certification.

Here's a breakdown of the people who care about BlackBerry 10.3.3:

1) People who don't actually know what it consists of and think there's some crazy new enhancements.
    2) Those who know what it consists of but basically just want to hold BlackBerry's feet to the fire for missing the deadline on its release.
    3) Those who know what it consists of and hope the minor fixes it includes happens to fix whatever minor bug they have.
    4) People who think it's just funny to ask 'Where's 10.3.3?'

2 and 4 are the overwhelming majority lol.

And I dunno your dealings with anyone else, but I do know I can appreciate those who come to me with solutions to problems more so than I can appreciate those who simply find it easier to complain and do nothing. All I've got to say is that if the amount of people who complained about what CrackBerry is or isn't doing, started their own BlackBerry blogs, there would A LOT of BlackBerry blogs. Not directed at you by any means, just a general comment.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 09-16-16 at 12:49 AM.
    09-16-16 12:15 AM
    Thanks Bla1ze for the reply. Very valuable insight you have provided. Much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    Bla1ze and Vistaus like this.
    09-16-16 12:22 AM
    Yup, (2) & (4) for me.

Looking forward to the "OS10.3.3 will be December" thread in the BB10 subforum...
    Uzi and DrBoomBotz like this.
    09-16-16 02:05 AM
    Thanks Blaze, in that you're much better than your webOS Nation colleague I was talking about! You rock!

09-16-16 02:45 AM
    That would have made a good Blog post....
    09-16-16 07:17 AM
    Android seems to concern me when my mother in law and sister both there bbm where hacked a few months ago using android. They stop using bbm.

My wife useing dtek50 and since last week here bbm is also hacked (strange message) including here contacts on her device and my guess more. I know she has an alias email adres from me she only use to send me stuff. No one else has this alias. Now I get ads and phising stuff. She only has a few apps on her dtek50.

So I stay on BlackBerry 10 . Android is still not yet mature enough for your privacy. I did a full restore on here phone and she changed her bbm password.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-16 08:36 AM
    Is it just me, or has anyone else wondered if BB10 has actually failed the NIAP evaluation? And that is the real reason for the delay in releasing 10.3.3.

As I suspect that the entire BB10 team now consists of one man and a dog; if the evaluators came back with a interim report to BB that said: "close, but no banana... but if you fix these things, we'll take another look and certify it"... do BB any longer have the resources and retained knowledge to resolve those issues?
    09-16-16 04:52 PM
    2) Those who know what it consists of but basically just want to hold BlackBerry's feet to the fire for missing the deadline on its release.
    Yay that's my team!
    09-16-16 04:53 PM
    Is it just me, or has anyone else wondered if BB10 has actually failed the NIAP evaluation? And that is the real reason for the delay in releasing 10.3.3.

As I suspect that the entire BB10 team now consists of one man and a dog; if the evaluators came back with a interim report to BB that said: "close, but no banana... but if you fix these things, we'll take another look and certify it"... do BB any longer have the resources and retained knowledge to resolve those issues?
    Since the dog is the one tasked with actually implementing the checklist from the NIAP people, I don't think so.
    tre10 likes this.
    09-16-16 04:58 PM

The fact that only a handful of 10.3.3 builds have appeared on the servers over the last few months would seem to suggest that BlackBerry is doing a lot of waiting.
    Last edited by conite; 09-16-16 at 06:58 PM.
    09-16-16 05:21 PM
    Perhaps that dog simply added one line of comment/to-do-list in the source code and then increased the build number.

Posted via my Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-16-16 06:50 PM
    What's to post?

If Bla1ze were a hardcore fan.... maybe he would start a hunger strike until 10.3.3 is released. Give us something to watch....

But the facts are simple at this point.... BB10 is the past, Android is a possibility, one that needs full support if there is to be any future BlackBerry hardware.
    Maybe grow his hair until 10.3.3 comes out?

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    09-16-16 07:25 PM
    Maybe grow his hair until 10.3.3 comes out?
    I'm not sure that would be a great look...

09-16-16 08:05 PM
60 123