So I recently bought my father an LG Leon because he was rocking some primitive ZTE Android phone with a terrible UI. My mom took a liking to the phone so I'm likely going to bag one for her as well. I decided to do a little more research because even I was starting to like the darned thing lol (currently using a Z10 for 2 years, works fine)

Anyway, upon my research I can across one of features of the camera. The sorely missed "tap-anywhere-to-take-photo" button/non-button (if that makes sense) of yesterday's BB10.

I tried taking a self-portrait (I refuse to say selfie) with my gf using the rear camera and it was just way harder than it should have been. I'm not a fan of pressing the volume button. Too gimmicky and the fingers get in the way of flash/camera at times.

Now I know what you're thinking, Havoc, this topic is a beaten horse but I want our horse resurrected dammit... and our voice to be heard. One thing I miss when I first acquired my Z10 was that I could hand it to anyone, young or elderly, and tell them to tap anywhere on the screen to take a picture. It was simple, they all loved it. Simplicity is elegance. Strangers stood in awe of it.

During group photos, everyone loved to hand their phones to the poor soul taking the photo. Of all the stacks of latest and greatest iPhones, Androids, they always preferred my phone. It was easy, and everyone always got a kick out of the Timeshift feature.

Where did everything go wrong BlackBerry. Why am I considering an entry level Android smartphone. Where is this fabled slider I dream of? Who cares? Hopefully you still do. I'm just venting. #firstworldproblems

- Havoc
    Even the competition picked up our trick.-img_20150625_155713_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    psarna likes this.
    06-25-15 08:00 PM
    I think it was when people started taking s bunch of pictures they didn't want to take. Also they added other functions.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 08:09 PM
    I personally think touch anywhere to shoot is better too. It's only a problem when you don't want to use the camera, everything else it's nice.

Perhaps during the whole period it existed they determined that the ability to focus quickly is much more needed than the ability to shoot, big mistake IMO but IDK the truth

What I do know is I really want it back

Z10 STL100-1/10.3.1.2576
    06-25-15 09:33 PM
    They're no longer BlackBerry: Be Bold...they're now BlackBerry: we do android! Fit in don't be different
    I'm upset at how much BlackBerry dumbed down the OS expecting it to sell. They had so many wow things which blew people away when I showed them my phone. Not any more.

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    06-25-15 10:19 PM
    They're no longer BlackBerry: Be Bold...they're now BlackBerry: we do android! Fit in don't be different
    I'm upset at how much BlackBerry dumbed down the OS expecting it to sell. They had so many wow things which blew people away when I showed them my phone. Not any more.

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    10.2.1 was a lovely OS. I can't say I'm impressed with BB's changes in 10.3,X, but it's still better than other OS's. Dumbed down is a good way of putting it. Sad stuff.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 10:45 PM
    One thing BlackBerry could incorporate into their camera is voice activated shutter. Less jitter in shots if you don't have to move to press anything.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-25-15 11:58 PM
    Whoever removed the "tap anywhere" is moronic.

I hate the new camera in 10.3.2. Maybe it's just the hardware (Z30) but my Z10 seemed to take better pictures that were in better focus. Moving the Z30 just a little bit causes it to focus-hunt again.
    06-26-15 12:07 AM
    Agreed. I loved touch anywhere to shoot. It made it really easy to get people new to the device comfortable taking photos while someone struggles to press a tiny icon on 'another brand' phone.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    06-26-15 12:25 AM
    In general bbOS is for the slender of fingers crowd... the cut,paste are tiny... at least the camera target Is larger...

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 03:01 AM
    IIRC, BlackBerry was discussing pros and cons with a selection of customers. A lot of the changes along the way have been based on user feedback. Unfortunately some of those users may have ruined the OS.

06-26-15 07:11 AM
    If you badly need touch anywhere to shoot, there's classic camera on BlackBerry World

Posted via Z10
    07-05-15 03:13 AM
    My girlfriend's Moto X (1st gen) also does this :\

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 01:22 PM
    I hated touch anywhere to shoot. I constantly ended up with photos I didn't want because I wanted to focus to a certain area of the shot.

Plus I found tapping the display caused much more shaking than holding the device by the frame and pressing a volume button.

I doubt it will be re-added.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 03:04 PM
    I think it was when people started taking s bunch of pictures they didn't want to take. Also they added other functions.

Posted via CB10
    What is the logic in that? It is better to take pictures then erase them later rather than missing the momment, and not having any picture at all.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 07:08 PM
    I liked it too except for the random pics. I found it funny as soon as BB dropped it LG was advertising it as a feature LOL.
    12-08-15 07:39 PM
    Personally, I like it this way. Focus by tapping and shooting with the volume up button. Of course, my previous phones (Jolla Phone and before that, a short-lived Nokia Lumia 720 and before that, my still-beloved HP Pre 3) featured the same way of doing it so I'm used to it.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    12-09-15 01:32 AM