04-15-16 08:51 AM
61 123
tools
    I use messenger it is sideloaded, seems to work fine.
    03-19-16 07:01 PM
    Yahoo is the fifth most commonly visited website on the planet. Only Google, YouTube, Facebook and Baidu has more visitors than yahoo.com. Yahoo has over 150 million unique users each month.

I personally don't use Yahoo for anything, but acting like you're surprised that they are still in business just makes yourself appear ignorant.
    It's all clickbait.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 07:28 PM
    Who cares? BlackBerry 10 remains the best OS in terms of usability for business. I own a priv also, but the Passport kills it in terms of battery life, reception and speed of input. I too was feeling left out in terms of app availability but since owning the priv and trying to avail myself of all I felt was missing from BlackBerry 10, I have come to appreciate that the vast majority of apps are just fluff designed to raid your info, sell you stuff, get you into an ecosystem or just plain waste your time. I bought the Priv as a personal phone to complement the Passport which I use for work, but ironically it is now filled with "serious" apps like the MS office ones and dupes of existing BlackBerry 10 apps like clipman. True, I can now control my central heating from my phone, but I'm using the Priv less and less because the things I do the most (call, text, read, write, move files about etc) are all done better on my Passport. Each to his own I guess but on the weekend I don't mind using Android, during the week however, speed, accuracy and efficiency are paramount. Like I said, just my take.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    Couldnt have said it better myself. The things I value are email triage, communication, reliability, etc. not netflix and facebook. I have yet to see any android come close to the efficiency BB10 has achieved for these things. Thats why I returned my Priv before the trial period was over and went back to the Z30, with a Note3 on the side for those android apps that don't run well on BB10 (fitbit, make calls over wifi with hangouts, etc.)

like you said, to each their own. Tis a shame tho, that all these other services are now being EOL'd
    03-19-16 08:54 PM
    Wow...more to come.
    Next imap support?!
    Posted via Q10Bold
    Can't happen. I just started using it. Wow.
    03-20-16 12:08 AM
    Yahoo is the fifth most commonly visited website on the planet. Only Google, YouTube, Facebook and Baidu has more visitors than yahoo.com. Yahoo has over 150 million unique users each month.

I personally don't use Yahoo for anything, but acting like you're surprised that they are still in business just makes yourself appear ignorant.
    Loool well said!

Powered by BB10
    03-20-16 12:14 AM
    Wow, I honestly find it so nostalgic to even be thinking about Yahoo messenger.. I remember using it so long ago, I didn't have many contacts but the chat rooms were always full with people. That is truly something to miss.
    I didn't even know we could download it through BlackBerry World.

Posted via my Expired Passport
    03-20-16 03:28 AM
    People who use Google and Yahoo, natch. lol
    That's enough of your damned logic!

I've never met anyone who actually uses Yahoo messenger and Google talk. Since these services exist, I assume they're popular somewhere, but when you've got a phone that can contact someone in a myriad of different ways. Really? Who cares? Anyway, shouldn't you be lobbying Mr Chen for another BlackBerry 10 handset on our behalf instead of responding to idiots like me?

03-21-16 11:48 PM
    Anyway, shouldn't you be lobbying Mr Chen for another BlackBerry 10 handset on our behalf instead of responding to idiots like me?
    Some days I'd prefer to just lob BB10 handsets at Chen.
    johnny_bravo72, moyah8 and jope28 like this.
    03-21-16 11:52 PM
    Some days I'd prefer to just lob BB10 handsets at Chen.
    Oh, that would make an impact!

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    03-22-16 06:39 AM
    Who cares? BlackBerry 10 remains the best OS in terms of usability for business. I own a priv also, but the Passport kills it in terms of battery life, reception and speed of input. I too was feeling left out in terms of app availability but since owning the priv and trying to avail myself of all I felt was missing from BlackBerry 10, I have come to appreciate that the vast majority of apps are just fluff designed to raid your info, sell you stuff, get you into an ecosystem or just plain waste your time. I bought the Priv as a personal phone to complement the Passport which I use for work, but ironically it is now filled with "serious" apps like the MS office ones and dupes of existing BlackBerry 10 apps like clipman. True, I can now control my central heating from my phone, but I'm using the Priv less and less because the things I do the most (call, text, read, write, move files about etc) are all done better on my Passport. Each to his own I guess but on the weekend I don't mind using Android, during the week however, speed, accuracy and efficiency are paramount. Like I said, just my take.

You are clearly in denial.

BB10 is in no way a business device anymore. There's a serious lack of business applications, and even Microsoft Office is nonexistent on the platform (Docs to go hasn't been touched in a decade, and can't even save files In the docx format adopted in 2006).

For businesses that use hangouts, Skype, remote access, screen sharing or any type of collaboration are either absent, seriously deprecated, or require customizations to get an android version to work.

The browser hasn't been updated in nearly a year, and what was once best in class is now seriously lagging behind others. The number of sites I go to that the BB10 browser just doesn't work seems to be increasing by the day.

I enjoyed BB10 while it was actively being developed, but at this point it is the sick dog out bag that is yelling to be out our of its misery. Do yourself a favour, and grab an android device, install Cobalts bb apps on it and get the best of both worlds.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 09:07 AM
    You are clearly in denial.

BB10 is in no way a business device anymore. There's a serious lack of business applications, and even Microsoft Office is nonexistent on the platform (Docs to go hasn't been touched in a decade, and can't even save files In the docx format adopted in 2006).

For businesses that use hangouts, Skype, remote access, screen sharing or any type of collaboration are either absent, seriously deprecated, or require customizations to get an android version to work.

The browser hasn't been updated in nearly a year, and what was once best in class is now seriously lagging behind others. The number of sites I go to that the BB10 browser just doesn't work seems to be increasing by the day.

I enjoyed BB10 while it was actively being developed, but at this point it is the sick dog out bag that is yelling to be out our of its misery. Do yourself a favour, and grab an android device, install Cobalts bb apps on it and get the best of both worlds.

Posted via CB10

I'm not in denial at all. I own a business and I bought a Priv on launch so I don't think i'll be messing around with Cobalt's apps. The things you mentioned don't bother me at all because as I said previously, I don't use them. I stand by my assertion that BB10 is more fluid and usable than Android. I don't collaborate with anyone in my business, only communicate a ton so, as I said previously, to each their own. The browser on my Passport hasn't caused me any problems at all and is preferable to the one on the Priv because I don't have to resize the screen to fit a whole web page on it. Remote file access on the Passport is fine, BlackBullet works a treat and it's comfortable to type on for long periods. The OS doesn't require periodic maintenance to prevent lagging and stuttering and the battery lasts me a day and a half. The screen is readable in sunlight and the steel construction feels solid. I manage a load of PDF's, docs and spreadsheets and I haven't got any complaints. I use Office Suite pro on the Passport sometimes, but not often at all.

Like I said, I own both android and BlackBerry 10 and I know which one I prefer for work.

roleli likes this.
    04-15-16 08:51 AM
61 123