Duh, BBM of course

Posted via CB10
    No! I mean what are the alternative to use Yahoo messenger and GoogleTalk / Hangout on BB10 devices now that those apps are gone?

Leo

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 06:28 PM
    Who the hell uses yahoo messenger? Or Google talk?
    My friend.... GoogleTalk is GoogleHangout! Tons, millions of people use it. It is an important eco system to support and be compatible with. All Google Apps corporate accounts and I can keep listing....

Yahoo Messenger I could care less.... so I agree on that

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 06:30 PM
    I use yahoo msgr.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 06:53 PM
    I use yahoo msgr.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry! So how do you use it those days? Still with the soon to be EOL BlackBerry App? Any alternative already?

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 08:12 PM
    Who cares? BlackBerry 10 remains the best OS in terms of usability for business. I own a priv also, but the Passport kills it in terms of battery life, reception and speed of input. I too was feeling left out in terms of app availability but since owning the priv and trying to avail myself of all I felt was missing from BlackBerry 10, I have come to appreciate that the vast majority of apps are just fluff designed to raid your info, sell you stuff, get you into an ecosystem or just plain waste your time. I bought the Priv as a personal phone to complement the Passport which I use for work, but ironically it is now filled with "serious" apps like the MS office ones and dupes of existing BlackBerry 10 apps like clipman. True, I can now control my central heating from my phone, but I'm using the Priv less and less because the things I do the most (call, text, read, write, move files about etc) are all done better on my Passport. Each to his own I guess but on the weekend I don't mind using Android, during the week however, speed, accuracy and efficiency are paramount. Like I said, just my take.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    This^^^^ I will be returning the Priv I just received this week for a bunch of reasons...one thing that I was very disappointed and frustrated with, is that I couldn't get to add Gmail accounts to the HUB on the Priv...grrr...so easy on the Passport. I just received an SE as I dropped and damaged my OG and transferring over. As for an Android device, i'll stick to my Note 4.

Cheers!!

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport SR 10.3.2.2836, OS 10.3.2.2876
    03-19-16 01:00 AM
    Duh, BBM of course

Posted via CB10
    Loool I can't believe a BlackBerry user can ask that...

The truth is that bbm should be the answer to everything in this world!

Powered by BB10
    03-19-16 01:16 AM
    Will the app leave app world?

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 02:46 AM
    Imo Yahoo! generally used to be a thing ages ago especially in asian countries. The messenger atleast was used quite often over there.
    Nowadays there are way too many options / alternatives, better replacements to keep contact with each other by chatting. Yahoo closing its doors? I don't even wonder much. Nothing to do with BBs problems.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 03:21 AM
    Yahoo is still in business?? How's that even possible?

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry is still in business? How's that possible? See the similarity?

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 04:38 AM
    Duh, BBM of course

Posted via CB10
    yes but who else uses bbm i have count it 1 thats right 1 AS IN ONE contact for bbm
    03-19-16 09:35 AM
    yes but who else uses bbm i have count it 1 thats right 1 AS IN ONE contact for bbm
    Ummm yeah was just a joke

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Foreverup; 03-19-16 at 11:00 AM.
    03-19-16 09:37 AM
    BlackBerry is still in business? How's that possible? See the similarity?

Posted via CB10
    Please elaborate.
    See no similarity whatsoever. Two companies in two completely different industries.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 10:03 AM
    I've never used Google Talk and only sparingly used Yahoo Messenger and I can't even remember the last time I had an update for it. In truth, I was under the impression it was already EOL, so little attention has been paid to it.
    03-19-16 11:04 AM
    Yahoo is still in business?? How's that even possible?

Posted via CB10
    Yahoo is the fifth most commonly visited website on the planet. Only Google, YouTube, Facebook and Baidu has more visitors than yahoo.com. Yahoo has over 150 million unique users each month.

I personally don't use Yahoo for anything, but acting like you're surprised that they are still in business just makes yourself appear ignorant.
    jope28 likes this.
    03-19-16 11:18 AM
    Who cares?
    People who use Google and Yahoo, natch. lol
    03-19-16 11:40 AM
    Who cares? BlackBerry 10 remains the best OS in terms of usability for business. I own a priv also, but the Passport kills it in terms of battery life, reception and speed of input. I too was feeling left out in terms of app availability but since owning the priv and trying to avail myself of all I felt was missing from BlackBerry 10, I have come to appreciate that the vast majority of apps are just fluff designed to raid your info, sell you stuff, get you into an ecosystem or just plain waste your time. I bought the Priv as a personal phone to complement the Passport which I use for work, but ironically it is now filled with "serious" apps like the MS office ones and dupes of existing BlackBerry 10 apps like clipman. True, I can now control my central heating from my phone, but I'm using the Priv less and less because the things I do the most (call, text, read, write, move files about etc) are all done better on my Passport. Each to his own I guess but on the weekend I don't mind using Android, during the week however, speed, accuracy and efficiency are paramount. Like I said, just my take.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    You are NOT alone on your take!

Well said.

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    03-19-16 12:38 PM
    i love how people simply say "who cares" but when bb gets the "who cares they have a new phone they still suck" treatment they act like their red headed step child got his little pinkie cut off
    03-19-16 01:12 PM
    Duh, BBM of course

Posted via CB10
    Call me crazy ...
    But I've often dreamed of a cross-messaging BBM, OS agnostic ...
    (link other messaging app accounts) Type in BBM, send/receive regarding your contact most fitting messaging app (a la Facetime / SMS).
    The Social Super HUB : what a killer app this would be !
    03-19-16 02:00 PM
    Call me crazy ...
    (link other messaging app accounts) Type in BBM, send/receive regarding your contact most fitting messaging app (a la Facetime / SMS).
    Using BBM as an one for all social messenger.
    This will remain a dream, I guess haha.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 02:18 PM
    Very likely, or I want a HUGE bonus !
    03-19-16 02:35 PM
    You are NOT alone on your take!

Well said.

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    Yep! I feel the same with my Passport and iPhone. BTW I also have a Priv, it is a good phone. Hope BlackBerry succeed at that market with it.... but nothing compares to BB10....

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 02:53 PM
    Call me crazy ...
    That was one of my first posts around here. Still hope for it too

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 03:11 PM
    Who the hell uses yahoo messenger? Or Google talk?
    I use both YM and GTALK. Although not as frequent as before. Both apps still work even though it hasn't been updated for years.
    03-19-16 03:45 PM
    I do use both native Yahoo messenger and Gtalk because they are simple tools for text and many of my old contacts are still on these two.
    Even in present interface they are nothing much to write home about but minus the fancy fluff of other resource hungry messengers I found them simple and effective for my texting needs.
    Sad that they are going.
    03-19-16 05:19 PM
    03-19-16 07:00 PM
61 123