seriously, enough articles about this phone already.
    we already took a poll, and no one cared for a blackberry that doesn't run bb10. I understand going after another market sector, but can we get back to the business of making blackberries, please?

Posted via CBX
    10-29-15 08:48 PM
    It is a Blackberry.

Live with it.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 08:51 PM
    By "no one" you mean around 40% of those who voted? I guess that qualifies as statistically insignificant somewhere in the universe.
    pomidor likes this.
    10-29-15 09:00 PM
    It is a Blackberry.

Live with it.

Posted via CB10
    NO it's an Android phone with a Blackberry label stuck on it. Maybe you can get Apple to use Android as well and then we can all be the same? Me I like Blackberry hardware with Blackberry software.
    10-29-15 09:24 PM
    we already took a poll, and no one cared for a blackberry that doesn't run bb10. I understand going after another market sector, but can we get back to the business of making blackberries, please?

Posted via CBX
    And this couldn't have gone into one of the other thousand whining threads because?

Also speak for yourself 40 % even by forum only standards is a marginal at best quota.
    Jonneh likes this.
    10-29-15 09:28 PM
    It's Blackberry Hardware, Blackberry Security, Blackbery Stock Apps, Blackberry Minds, Blackberry Developers, Blackberry Logo. This phone is Blackberry powered by Android. This phone has a lot of the unique Blackberry 10 features that are integrated seamlessly to Android. No other android device is like this phone, which means, it's not really android.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 11:20 PM
    In Q1 2016 Priv by Blackberry getting BlackBerry OS10.3.3 so if it's now just a Blackberry it will be, for those who want it, a Blackberry with blackberry OS. Known fact

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 01:11 AM
    Here we go again...

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    10-30-15 01:14 AM

Posted via CBX
    You mad bro? #whyumadtho

Long live BlackBerry. Long live Android.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 02:43 AM

Posted via CBX
    Then stick with your legacy BB10 devices.

*ME173X
    10-30-15 02:56 AM
    Its the other way around actually because nobody cares about BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 03:02 AM
    I feel your pain. However, it's kind of like if Five Guys Burgers and Fries stopped making their own fresh burger patties and started buying and using frozen burger patties they purchased from McDonald's instead because they were cheaper and the best selling burger patty in the world. They would still be Five Guys, but the change would leave a bad taste in the mouths of those who had eaten at their establishments because they preferred the taste and quality of the Five Guys burgers to the McDonald's burgers.
    Last edited by SeeBeeEss; 10-30-15 at 07:21 AM.
    10-30-15 03:37 AM
    Then stick with your legacy BB10 devices.

*ME173X
    Well we like like new bb10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    10-30-15 03:52 AM
    I feel your pain. However, it's kind of like if Five Guys Burgers and Fries stopped making their own fresh burger patties and started buying and using frozen burger patties they purchased from McDonald's instead because they were cheaper and the best selling burger patty in the world. They would still be Five Guys, but the change would leave a bad taste in the mouths of those who had eaten at their establishments because they preferred the taste and quality of the Five Guys burgers to the McDonald's burgers.
    vegetarian...but you nailed it! best analogy on the subject. why replace the best OS with the best selling one?? push the superior product and people will catch on! chen is failing the company, and the company is about to fail.

Posted via CBX
    10-30-15 08:42 AM
    vegetarian...but you nailed it! best analogy on the subject. why replace the best OS with the best selling one?? push the superior product and people will catch on! chen is failing the company, and the company is about to fail.

Posted via CBX
    They've been pushing the superior product for 3 years now and it isn't getting them anywhere. I agree that bb10 is a better os. I left android to try something new and found something awesome. With that said, I was one of those that answered the poll with a no on an android BlackBerry. The more I watch this the more I'm leaning the other way. I'll probably end up with a Priv if Verizon carries it. I still prefer os 10, but if he want BlackBerry to be making ANY hardware after this, you better hope this thing makes them some money. I'm not buying a Priv at some point to do my part to save BlackBerry, but it DOES have things from bb10 in the os that I like. It looks like a quality device. Therefore I want one.

Let me ask you something. What is your favorite brand of vehicle? Ford? Chevy? Mitsubishi? Etc,etc. I'm asking this only to give you an example. Did you know that many car makers use parts made by other manufacturers? Ford does it. Chevy does it. Goodness knows dodge has for years. I'm sure other brands do too. Does that make it any less of the brand they say it is? If someone told you that your Ford has a Mitsubishi engine would you have a tantrum that it's not a Ford? Still a Ford, if ford made the product. Would you refuse to buy another one if they stopped making a model that you like? Just like Priv is still a BlackBerry. Guys I understand that you want to see bb10 go on. I do too, but the attitude you have is the same one I read from legacy bbos users about BlackBerry 10. That attitude is some of why we are at the android cross road. Just accept it, stop ********, and buy a Priv or don't.

Just my 2 cents. I'm as sick of threads like this as you apparently are of hearing about Priv.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 09:08 AM
    bad analogy. this is more akin to buying popular music instead of something good. actually, this is more about the powers that be pushing conformity over quality. when did BlackBerry push 10? I must've missed that day.

Posted via CBX
    10-30-15 09:14 AM
    The more I read these threads the more I understand that BlackBerry has to do what needs to be done. BlackBerry has been hurting itself for these last couple years. I believe OS10 is the best OS on the market but BlackBerry needs to really learn how to market such great products. Heck, I think they marketing the Priv better than any other bb10 device minus the Passport. Just wish BlackBerry can and will save it's own OS.

Posted via CB10
    jabia likes this.
    10-30-15 09:24 AM
    Many of us care. Just because you don't does not mean we all agree with you.

Posted via CB10
    AcADIeN likes this.
    10-30-15 09:26 AM
    bad analogy. this is more akin to buying popular music instead of something good. actually, this is more about the powers that be pushing conformity over quality. when did BlackBerry push 10? I must've missed that day.

Posted via CBX
    They aren't pushing conformity at all. If BlackBerry was king of the hill and decided to use Android, that would be pushing conformity. When you're hitting bottom you make hard choices, and perhaps if they're the right ones you can work your way back up - then you can use whatever patties you want in your burgers. Assuming you still want to sell burgers, that is.
    medic22003 likes this.
    10-30-15 09:33 AM
    We are all consumers. There are lots of choices. The only thing that matters is that the company makes profits. But with the power of the interweb, we can all voice our opinion.

 Classic 10.3.2.2789
    10-30-15 09:33 AM
    unfortunately they did not market the passport. I still get reactions from time to time like: "hey is that the new blackberry?? (bubba) come look at this guy's phone!" my answer is always: "no, it's not new...but it is still the best phone on the market."

Posted via CBX
    Notna Nosyel likes this.
    10-30-15 09:36 AM
    I wouldn't consider BB a power that be. maybe a power that once was, but that's not who I was talking about...

Posted via CBX
    10-30-15 09:39 AM
    People won't buy a product they haven't heard of. Marketing is key. Sigh. In a hold on to my Z10 till Feb and I'm off to the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 02:46 PM
    So in a worst case scenario if the priv flops and BlackBerry stops being in the handset business what happens to priv updates, can Google keep it in the loop or is that not likely?

Posted via CB10
    Egod101 likes this.
    10-30-15 03:15 PM
    In all fairness to the Priv, as far as the world goes, no one wanted BB10 either.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    10-30-15 03:18 PM
171 123 ...