bad analogy. this is more akin to buying popular music instead of something good. actually, this is more about the powers that be pushing conformity over quality. when did BlackBerry push 10? I must've missed that day.
    Posted via CBX
    Let's play the music analogy scenario till the end.
    Say you are a brilliant musician but your style is particular (I for one like old school funk a la PFunk) and you decided that the only proper way to distribute your tunes is to print them over vinyl records. IMHO, you're perfectly on the most "no compromise" track and, as a musician, I can get that. But you won't make a penny with your records; hopefully you can tour and play live (another ultimately "not compromised" attitude; the best, IMHO) and get enough money to live decently and record. But that's it.
    That's powered by great feelings - don't read me wrong - still, at the end of the day you won't make a commercial success and chances are close to none most will ever ear your tunes over the radio or the streaming platforms either. YT and barely legal (and ugly, quality wise) reproductions will be your unique display ... at best.

BB10 is pure funk to my ears, PKB is my Rhodes.
    But most can stream electro and dictate ...
    Market rules all.

OT, but hey ...
    app_Developer and Soulstream like this.
    12-31-15 10:00 AM
    vegetarian...but you nailed it! best analogy on the subject. why replace the best OS with the best selling one?? push the superior product and people will catch on! chen is failing the company, and the company is about to fail.

Posted via CBX
    Not exactly like that. I suspect 5 Guys makes money.
    01-01-16 02:03 PM
    What about the ability to root an Android device? Is that possible with the BlackBerry Priv? Most of Android fans I know they told that what they like on the Android OS is the fact that the apps can change the behaviour of the OS. Where is the privacy in that case?

Posted via CB10
    If you can root a device, it is not secure. If the Priv can be rooted, it would be a failure.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 07:07 PM
    BlackBerry is going all Android and everyone needs to accept that fact. There are elements of BlackBerry in the new device but there is no doubt they are moving in a new direction.

With that said I love my Passport & Classic. I am thinking of buying the Priv but with the move to Android I am for the first time thinking of a Note 5 and the Nexus 6P as well. By BlackBerry going into Android it opened the door for other options. Apple not included!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bfalcon1; 01-01-16 at 08:36 PM.
    Jonneh likes this.
    01-01-16 07:22 PM
    BlackBerry is going all Android and everyone needs to accept that fact. There are elements of BlackBerry in the new device but there is no doubt they are moving in a new direction.

Posted via CB10
    What executive position do you hold at BlackBerry? Or are you on the board of directors?

Posted via CB10
    01-02-16 12:55 AM
    If you can root a device, it is not secure. If the Priv can be rooted, it would be a failure.

Posted via CB10
    Rooting a device is not evil, rooting through exploits is bad (and must be stopped). Guess what, people have had root access on their PCs for ages now, and they are still secure and everybody still uses them. Also, rooting an Android phone results in all personal data being deleted from the phone so it's not exactly a good method to gain access any data on the phone.
    01-02-16 01:58 AM
    What executive position do you hold at BlackBerry? Or are you on the board of directors?

Posted via CB10
    He can commit to a position, this means he's far away from Waterloo.
    app_Developer likes this.
    01-02-16 02:01 AM
    Not sure where you are going with the question. It's pretty obvious the direction of Blackberry.
    01-02-16 09:31 AM
    Huh?
    01-02-16 09:32 AM
    Rooting a device is not evil, rooting through exploits is bad (and must be stopped). Guess what, people have had root access on their PCs for ages now, and they are still secure and everybody still uses them. Also, rooting an Android phone results in all personal data being deleted from the phone so it's not exactly a good method to gain access any data on the phone.
    If you can get past the boot loader, then you can hack the phone. I'm speaking of law enforcement and three letter agencies as well as hackers.

Oh, and I run linux, so I am familiar with rooting PCs. Prior to secure boot, if you needed to hack a PC, you just booted from linux on a thumb drive.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-16 11:16 AM
    It's Blackberry Hardware, Blackberry Security, Blackbery Stock Apps, Blackberry Minds, Blackberry Developers, Blackberry Logo. This phone is Blackberry powered by Android. This phone has a lot of the unique Blackberry 10 features that are integrated seamlessly to Android. No other android device is like this phone, which means, it's not really android.

Posted via CB10
    Whatever you gotta tell yourself!!
    01-02-16 11:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    You dont even need a crystal ball to see this. BB10 is all but gone nothing new in the pipe. Are you Stevie Wonder?
    01-02-16 11:35 AM
    But if the phone is locked down it won't allow that. That's the risk in buying this phone. If BB gives up on it, then we'll be stuck in time with no updates.
    BB wouldn't give up would they? When have they ever given up on a device that consumers had bought
    01-02-16 11:38 AM
    BB wouldn't give up would they? When have they ever given up on a device that consumers had bought

LOL - nice PlayBook reference...... same as any BB10 devices from this point forward. After last two updates, it will be crickets and such chirping and diehards claiming it's not fair even though all the necessary warnings have been given by Chen and company.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-16 11:44 AM
    CrackBerry is a BlackBerry-centric site. Regardless of members' individual opinions, the Priv is a BlackBerry device and will be covered here. There has been no dropping of BlackBerry 10 content from the site, but there may be less news about it to report � as happened with BBOS when BlackBerry 10 replaced the Legacy OS.
    Agree, Priv is clearly a BlackBerry since it's designed by and sold by BlackBerry. The fact that it has a custom build of Android is irrelevant.

It's only natural that older devices will become less talked about in forums.
    01-02-16 11:45 AM
    maybe start a new thread about banking app security? that's some scary stuff that I was completely unaware of.

this thread is about the 'blackberry priv' taking over CB10, and the fact the the device is a huge disappointment, and not up to blackberry standards....mainly due to the fact that it does not run a blackberry operating system, which is the heart of bb.

the 'powers that be' in these forums must've been paid.

Posted via CBX
    BlackBerry is a BlackBerry. Since the 950 things have evolved, change happens. Just keep up. Complaining about change just makes us sound old ;-)

Posted via CB10
    paulbbp and Jonneh like this.
    01-02-16 12:22 PM
    LOL - nice PlayBook reference...... same as any BB10 devices from this point forward. After last two updates, it will be crickets and such chirping and diehards claiming it's not fair even though all the necessary warnings have been given by Chen and company.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I hated giving up. My Z10 died and I felt that migrating over was a better decision that investing in a company that clearly is going in a direction contrary to my own.
    01-02-16 12:28 PM
    Agree, Priv is clearly a BlackBerry since it's designed by and sold by BlackBerry. The fact that it has a custom build of Android is irrelevant.

Are you delusional? Blackberry is going to abandon the Priv the same way they abandoned Playbook users. When it happens you should remember this thread. You are hanging your hats on an OS which ALL of you clearly despised just 6 months ago.
    Enough about Priv. Not a BlackBerry. Nobody cares.-censored.gif

----------------------------------------------
    Edit by SF, mod team.
    Keep your posting civil.
    Free one. Don't reiterate.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-02-16 at 01:31 PM.
    01-02-16 12:34 PM

ANd next up with a lack of content, The Priv, which will soon go the way of the Playbook except quicker
    01-02-16 12:35 PM
    Suck it up buttercup it's just as much a Blackberry then any other Blackberry...

Posted via CB10
    01-02-16 12:56 PM
    ANd next up with a lack of content, The Priv, which will soon go the way of the Playbook except quicker
    So there will be no more device to discuss about. Is that what you forecast or hope ?
    I'm not sure what route you're going ...
    01-02-16 01:30 PM
    So there will be no more device to discuss about. Is that what you forecast or hope ?
    I'm not sure what route you're going ...
    This is the road that BB has paved for itself. Everything prior to the Priv is done. BB10 is done. The priv is not doing good. If it was you would see people swinging from thew rafters and proclaiming how BB finally got it right. BB will not be in the device business. It should be so obvious that they cant do it anymore. They have fallen way too far behind.
    01-02-16 01:41 PM
    I feel your pain. However, it's kind of like if Five Guys Burgers and Fries stopped making their own fresh burger patties and started buying and using frozen burger patties they purchased from McDonald's instead because they were cheaper and the best selling burger patty in the world. They would still be Five Guys, but the change would leave a bad taste in the mouths of those who had eaten at their establishments because they preferred the taste and quality of the Five Guys burgers to the McDonald's burgers.
    I would say its complete McDonald's dollar menu burger with a five guys wrapper and bag.
    01-02-16 01:54 PM
    This is the road that BB has paved for itself. Everything prior to the Priv is done. BB10 is done. The priv is not doing good. If it was you would see people swinging from thew rafters and proclaiming how BB finally got it right. BB will not be in the device business. It should be so obvious that they cant do it anymore. They have fallen way too far behind.
    You're entitled to your opinion.
    I don't share it. At least I believe it's way too early to pretend anything regarding Priv (and next to come alter ego) sales.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-02-16 04:38 PM
    Are you delusional? Blackberry is going to abandon the Priv the same way they abandoned Playbook users. When it happens you should remember this thread. You are hanging your hats on an OS which ALL of you clearly despised just 6 months ago.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	censored.gif 
Views:	322 
Size:	2.4 KB 
ID:	386401

----------------------------------------------
    Edit by SF, mod team.
    Keep your posting civil.
    Free one. Don't reiterate.
    Yes in your world I'm delusional.... I believe BlackBerry will pursue an OS that over 50% of the world uses. They will abandon an OS 1 % of the world uses and hasn't attracted large numbers of developers.

I've never hated Android. I've always viewed it as the superior OS. I like BlackBerry hardware so I suffered through BB10 for that reason.

The hardware, of course they will abandon it. What kind of person would think otherwise? Just like Samsung abandon the Galaxy S 2 and S 3. Can't live in the past forever, tech companies must keep moving forward or they go way.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv.
    Last edited by paulbbp; 01-03-16 at 06:38 PM.
    Jonneh likes this.
    01-02-16 05:13 PM
171 ... 34567