Hey guys, I initially going to write it all out, but figured a video would be great for newcomers, here you go:

Http://Youtu.be/y1DotHvjnoY
    dehrlich01 likes this.
    06-15-14 04:27 PM
    Thanks Frank! I thought I knew all the keyboard tricks until I watched the video.. I'll share this to my brother.

Posted via CB10
    FrankIAm likes this.
    06-15-14 05:27 PM
    Useful video! The more tutorials for new users of bb10 the better!

The only other tip I can think of is when you want to quickly insert a symbol you press on the symbol key, drag your finger to the symbol you require and release your finger. It works a little quicker than tapping.

Posted from my Z or Q!
    FrankIAm likes this.
    06-15-14 06:19 PM
    Useful video! The more tutorials for new users of bb10 the better!

The only other tip I can think of is when you want to quickly insert a symbol you press on the symbol key, drag your finger to the symbol you require and release your finger. It works a little quicker than tapping.

Posted from my Z or Q!
    Thanks for the feedback, both of you!
    Have you tried swiping down on the keyboard?
    I already have the alt keyboard mapped in my mind, so I just swipe down and tap in the same place!
    06-15-14 08:13 PM
    I didn't know the trackpad-like one that was shown last! Thank you so much for sharing learn something new everyday.
    06-15-14 08:30 PM
    Thanks for the feedback, both of you!
    Have you tried swiping down on the keyboard?
    I already have the alt keyboard mapped in my mind, so I just swipe down and tap in the same place!
    Yep, I use a mix of the different techniques depending on what I'm doing. This is one of the best things with bb10, there are so many quick gestures for getting things done that work for different people.

Compared to any other software keyboard I find blackberry's to be far superior, I almost stopped using commas on my samsung it was such a pain accessing any punctuation other than a period.

I also can't wait to see what they have done with the keyboard on the windermere, I love my q10's keyboard so much but I really miss the swipe to delete gesture from my z10.

Posted from my Z or Q!
    06-16-14 06:02 AM