The death by 1000 cuts continues:

"T-Mobile: As we continue to improve our network experience, an old version of Wi-Fi Calling from 2015 (version 1.0) will no longer work on your phone starting May 31, 2021. Learn more about continuing to enjoy Wi-Fi calling, t-mo.co/WiFiCalling"

On June 7, wifi calling stopped working on my Z10. OTOH it is still on SR 10.2.1.2156.

Can anyone confirm if WFC is also dead on the latest SR? If so, then can hardly put off any longer the switch to another platform. Was trying to hold out for OM or till the end of the year..

Posted via CB10
    06-10-21 12:20 PM
    Interesting. I'm with T-Mobile, and Wi-Fi Calling has been totally whacked for several days. Calls work fine if I disable Wi-Fi. Guess I should just disable Wi-Fi Calling.

This is on an LG G7 ThinQ running Android 10.

Also not seeing any BlackBerrys in T-Mobile's Impacted Devices list.
    06-10-21 01:40 PM
    Also not seeing any BlackBerrys in T-Mobile's Impacted Devices list.
    Hm.. But it's likely not a coincidence that WFC stopped working just seven days after the EOL date announced in the text message..

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BBHermes; 06-10-21 at 06:28 PM.
    06-10-21 02:45 PM
    Hm.. But it's likely not a coincidence that WFC stopped working just seven days after texting the announcement..

Posted via CB10
    Oh, I totally agree. I've just reset mine to use Cell as primary.
    06-10-21 03:33 PM
    I can totally understand some of the features, services and more being disabled for BB 10 devices and devices of that age. Phones from 2013, 2014 etc.

What I kind of struggle with is devices like the KEY 2 or Key 2LE or devices from late 2018 etc being shut out here fairly soon from basic features.

I totally understand how quickly tech can change but some of these changes seem to be very very hard to understand for millions of people. I am not talking about BB fans, just people in general who may have an older Android device but a still modern smartphone.

I'm in Canada so the 3G shutdown hasn't affected my Passport use yet. What I am wondering though is how the US carriers will deal with roaming clients with modern Android devices from other countries.

Would a 2018/19 Android device from Europe just not work on their network for a business trip?

Either way, best of luck to all

Posted via CB10
    06-10-21 03:38 PM
    I can totally understand some of the features, services and more being disabled for BB 10 devices and devices of that age. Phones from 2013, 2014 etc.

What I kind of struggle with is devices like the KEY 2 or Key 2LE or devices from late 2018 etc being shut out here fairly soon from basic features.

I totally understand how quickly tech can change but some of these changes seem to be very very hard to understand for millions of people. I am not talking about BB fans, just people in general who may have an older Android device but a still modern smartphone.

I'm in Canada so the 3G shutdown hasn't affected my Passport use yet. What I am wondering though is how the US carriers will deal with roaming clients with modern Android devices from other countries.

Would a 2018/19 Android device from Europe just not work on their network for a business trip?

Either way, best of luck to all

Posted via CB10
    The whitelists probably account for over 95% of actual device units sold in the last 6 years, so the impact is negligible.
    06-10-21 03:55 PM
    Most 2018 phones COULD support modern VoLTE, and as a roaming device, it likely would work. But if for whatever reason the phone doesn't support VoLTE, then, no, it won't be able to make/receive calls or SMS texts.
    Yesterday 01:25 AM
    The whitelists probably account for over 95% of actual device units sold in the last 6 years, so the impact is negligible.
    Yeah this is mostly a USA thing right now, and most everyone is using a carrier sold device that within the supported range. Majority of those that aren't, are ok changing to one of the support devices carrier's are offering for free. For them it was more a finical choice, rather than a form factor or brand choice.

Millions... more like a few hundred.
    Yesterday 07:01 AM