@WES51

I'm using Backup and Restore. The app icon looks like the Android logo inside of a file folder.

I'm happy with that app. Like I tried to mention earlier, when you want to restore from a .vcf file, move it to your device from the memory card into to the 'contacts' folder for the app.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-19 10:44 AM
    Your best option I think is Ghost Commander File Manager to export your Contacts to a vCard file. Its very easy and the app is very light I have used it for years.

Posted via CB10
    @WES51

I'm using Backup and Restore. The app icon looks like the Android logo inside of a file folder.

I'm happy with that app. Like I tried to mention earlier, when you want to restore from a .vcf file, move it to your device from the memory card into to the 'contacts' folder for the app.

Posted via CB10
    Many thanks for the suggestions!

This weekend, I finally had some time for some testing, but I could not figure out how in the world to work these.

Re: Ghost Commander: it seems like it backs up applications and a whole lot of other stuff, but how do I select contacts to be backed up?

Re: BackUp and Restore: which version are you using? Company or Software version would help narrowing down my search. I found more than one that meets your description. Tried them too, but could not get them worked.

I tried other Android BackUp Apps in the past as well. Right off the bat, the first major problem seemed to be, that I can't figure out how to save on the SD-card. By default the Apps that I tried would seem to try to save to some exotic internal memory location, that later would not show up with Blackberry File Manager. So I could not possibly access or move the BackUp from there to the SD-card.
    Yesterday 10:44 AM
    Many thanks for the suggestions!

This weekend, I finally had some time for some testing, but I could not figure out how in the world to work these.

Re: Ghost Commander: it seems like it backs up applications and a whole lot of other stuff, but how do I select contacts to be backed up?

Re: BackUp and Restore: which version are you using? Company or Software version would help narrowing down my search. I found more than one that meets your description. Tried them too, but could not get them worked.

I tried other Android BackUp Apps in the past as well. Right off the bat, the first major problem seemed to be, that I can't figure out how to save on the SD-card. By default the Apps that I tried would seem to try to save to some exotic internal memory location, that later would not show up with Blackberry File Manager. So I could not possibly access or move the BackUp from there to the SD-card.
    Attached Thumbnails End of Life: I need ANDROID Contact Backup App-capture.png  
    WES51 likes this.
    Yesterday 11:10 AM
    @Leyra B10, many thanks.

I found it. So it is under Applications. Great!

I plan to discover with it more once I have more time. I saw some Calendar options too. Maybe calendar can be backed up too? How about notes? (I know, I'm getting greedy now)
    Yesterday 01:30 PM
    @Leyra B10, many thanks.

I found it. So it is under Applications. Great!

I plan to discover with it more once I have more time. I saw some Calendar options too. Maybe calendar can be backed up too? How about notes? (I know, I'm getting greedy now)
    Maybe if you are in the more than one place at the same time, I haven't tried to export pimdata yet.

Posted via CB10
    Yesterday 01:44 PM
    Maybe if you are in the more than one place at the same time, I haven't tried to export pimdata yet.

Posted via CB10
    Nice find/note Leyra. I'll test this for PIM data myself....always good to have more options rather than fewer (although I still prefer native apps for my data backup myself).
    WES51 likes this.
    Yesterday 02:15 PM
    One more backup option in BBW: ContactsImEx. it exports your BB10 contacts to either csv or vcf format (your choice) and saves the exported file to wherever you tell it - including to an SD card. To restore, just import the saved file to your new device's Contacts. I don't think it backs up the Calendar. It does one thing, but does it very well.

You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/37102894

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    Yesterday 05:55 PM
    One more backup option in BBW: ContactsImEx. it exports your BB10 contacts to either csv or vcf format (your choice) and saves the exported file to wherever you tell it - including to an SD card. To restore, just import the saved file to your new device's Contacts. I don't think it backs up the Calendar. It does one thing, but does it very well.

You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/37102894

Great app Ragbert! A native contacts export app; I had no idea such a thing existed.

WES, I tested and confirmed the export of contacts data from Ghost Commander. Definitely try it yourself but it looks good....
    WES51 likes this.
    Yesterday 06:11 PM
    I've been using ContactsImEx for a while - it's free, native, and simple to use. Doesn't require synching or cloud storage either. Well worth downloading now, while BBW still stands. I'm happy to recommend it!

Great app Ragbert! A native contacts export app; I had no idea such a thing existed.

WES, I tested and confirmed the export of contacts data from Ghost Commander. Definitely try it yourself but it looks good....

Yesterday 07:56 PM
59 123