Isn't there a way to force blackberry give us what we want <SNIP>
    Yep, buy the company.
    EnesBerry1 likes this.
    02-04-16 10:15 AM
    Lol, I mean how much can it cost us? Lets just buy it tonight.

Posted via CB10 from my BlackBerry Passport
    02-04-16 10:17 AM
    Only the CEO of the company is allowed to make official statements ( or can be considered as fact), that is how it works. Anyone else who makes or pretends to make official statements should be ignored, and potentially sets them selves up to get fired. Don't you see the situation, John Chen keeps reaffirming that he/they are committed to BB10, some other knob says we will eventually be all Android. Don't you see how these contradictions are bad for business, and negatively impacts the stock price.. i.e who is telling the truth? . Remember when that rumor was swirling about BB being bought by Samsung, and how it affected BB stock price, then when John Chen came out and said there is no such deal, the rumor was dead, why, because he is the official mouth piece, same applies with this latest story.
    02-04-16 11:18 AM
    Don't you see the situation, John Chen keeps reaffirming that he/they are committed to BB10, some other knob says we will eventually be all Android.
    The trouble is, both of these could be true. What exactly does "committed to" mean? It's not well defined. It could mean:
    • We will continue to develop and sell new BB10 devices for the foreseeable future.
    • We will continue to develop the BB10 OS, adding new features and APIs for developers to use.
    • We will continue to update the Android runtime.
    • We will continue to provide bug fixes and security patches to BB10 for as long as we have significant enterprise and government customers who need them.

If the last is the intended meaning of "committed to", as seems likely (to me), it can also be true that the plan is eventually to bring everybody over to BlackBerry Android.
    02-04-16 11:37 AM
    The trouble is, both of these could be true. What exactly does "committed to" mean? It's not well defined. It could mean:
    • We will continue to develop and sell new BB10 devices for the foreseeable future.
    • We will continue to develop the BB10 OS, adding new features and APIs for developers to use.
    • We will continue to update the Android runtime.
    • We will continue to provide bug fixes and security patches to BB10 for as long as we have significant enterprise and government customers who need them.

If the last is the intended meaning of "committed to", as seems likely (to me), it can also be true that the plan is eventually to bring everybody over to BlackBerry Android.
    Yes, I completely agree.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 04:02 PM
    Only the CEO of the company is allowed to make official statements ( or can be considered as fact), that is how it works. Anyone else who makes or pretends to make official statements should be ignored, and potentially sets them selves up to get fired. Don't you see the situation, John Chen keeps reaffirming that he/they are committed to BB10, some other knob says we will eventually be all Android. Don't you see how these contradictions are bad for business, and negatively impacts the stock price.. i.e who is telling the truth? . Remember when that rumor was swirling about BB being bought by Samsung, and how it affected BB stock price, then when John Chen came out and said there is no such deal, the rumor was dead, why, because he is the official mouth piece, same applies with this latest story.
    I don't think this is completely accurate at least in the US. There is a designation of "officer" that certain people have. What an officer of the company says matters.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 04:06 PM
    Lol, I mean how much can it cost us? Lets just buy it tonight.

Maybe buy Yahoo too.

Posted via CB10
    EnesBerry1 likes this.
    02-04-16 04:07 PM
    Isn't there a way to force blackberry give us what we want like they did with os 10.3.1?
    Sure - all you have to do is buy a controlling share of the company. Then you can force BB to do whatever you like.
    02-04-16 05:45 PM
    **** it, i'm going the iphone route, I feel so bad as its just been three months since I bought my blackberry passport. Been a long time blackberry user and this sucks. Even the developers don't update their apps anymore, when was the last time twitter or even facebook was updated? **** it blackberry, I took it once with the playbook, but not any more.

Posted via CB10
    There is a brand new third party Facebook application available in BlackBerry World that is already pretty good and has been improving very rapidly in the Beta Zone.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    02-04-16 05:59 PM
    Yes I know it is face10, nemory did a great job with it. But I mean the big name developers seem to have left us and even blackberry itself with its own apps not being updated. That sucks, another example is evernote that is really limited in features or the other devs that didn't even bother to bring their apps (viber,flipboard, etc) to the other devices like the z30 or the passport.

02-05-16 01:46 AM
    Lol, but can't we just sue them? As a community I mean.

02-05-16 01:47 AM
    Lol, but can't we just sue them? As a community I mean.
    You could try. You'd be wasting your time and money, though.
    02-05-16 06:13 AM
    Windows Phone isn't "dead". Microsoft isn't giving up on mobile. Microsoft is just in the process of another one of its horrible transitions/reboots akin to Windows Mobile 6 to Windows Phone 7 to Windows Phone 8. There is no such thing as a smooth transition for Microsoft.

Microsoft will unveil smartphone running full x86 Windows soon, I predict. It took them far too many years considering that Windows Phone 7 was hyped up to be the Windows of smartphones and we are in 2016 and Windows still isn't actually on smartphones.
    That will be the Surface Phone which is finally going to see the light of day. Not sure if it live up to the hype after four years of rumor but if the concepts are to be if any indication it will surely be impressive.

W10 phones are likely over yet Acer is releasing a new W10 flagship and MS is going forward with the Lumia 650 for some bizarre reason (as if they do not have enough low end Lumias) . MS will likely keep the Lumia line, however, yet with another reboot of the mobile OS. They can afford to do handsets at a loss and I doubt will ever leave the game.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 09:37 AM
    We all know the truth that bb10 will die sooner or later but it will, at this point we just can't trust JC or his wording which we just can't trust at all, having said that there will be 10.3.3/10.3.4 updates and the commitment for bb10 is true, their action doesn't match their words,

BBM creator left BlackBerry
    BlackBerry world app closed

No real and straight comment from JC for ending of bb10 OS, how can we have trust on Priv, if tomorrow the expected sale of Priv is not that much they will close the handset business, so what's the point in buying or relying on Android OS from BlackBerry. I will keep using passport till it die and am not that app crazy, once it die I will surely jump to Ios but no more trust on BlackBerry or JC.

Posted via CB10
    paulsebastiant likes this.
    02-06-16 05:12 AM
    We all know the truth that bb10 will die sooner or later but it will, at this point we just can't trust JC or his wording which we just can't trust at all, having said that there will be 10.3.3/10.3.4 updates and the commitment for bb10 is true, their action doesn't match their words,

BBM creator left BlackBerry
    BlackBerry world app closed

No real and straight comment from JC for ending of bb10 OS, how can we have trust on Priv, if tomorrow the expected sale of Priv is not that much they will close the handset business, so what's the point in buying or relying on Android OS from BlackBerry. I will keep using passport till it die and am not that app crazy, once it die I will surely jump to Ios but no more trust on BlackBerry or JC.

Posted via CB10
    It is pretty bad, as this is exactly the problem. All actions are not aligned with their words. Everything that is happening is a clear sign of disregard and abandonment of BB10. And this is sad....

Anyway, I will keep using my BB10 device's and watch what is going to happen in the future.

The app gap is a real problem and Priv at least solved that. We now have a phone with a BlackBerry logo on it with access to all possible apps......

Remains to be seen is what also happens to blackberry android hardware. If in the future it is also going to be abandoned the same way they are doing with BB10 devices and we end up with expensive and closed phones, all customized by BlackBerry from the core OS all the way up to special BlackBerry apps....

Not a good track so far. And yes, PlayBook is a good example about what to expect and their endless lies and empty promises.

Best regards.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    RyanGermann likes this.
    02-06-16 05:28 AM
    It is pretty bad, as this is exactly the problem. All actions are not aligned with their words. Everything that is happening is a clear sign of disregard and abandonment of BB10. And this is sad....

Anyway, I will keep using my BB10 device's and watch what is going to happen in the future.

The app gap is a real problem and Priv at least solved that. We now have a phone with a BlackBerry logo on it with access to all possible apps......

Remains to be seen is what also happens to blackberry android hardware. If in the future it is also going to be abandoned the same way they are doing with BB10 devices and we end up with expensive and closed phones, all customized by BlackBerry from the core OS all the way up to special BlackBerry apps....

Not a good track so far. And yes, PlayBook is a good example about what to expect and their endless lies and empty promises.

Best regards.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    This will excatly happens in coming months, Priv in india is being launched at very high price and the reputation of BlackBerry in india is as good as dead, how in the world they expect Priv to be welcome in indian market with such high price, just bcoz it has BlackBerry name which no one cares here, or have Android by BlackBerry,

We all say that JC have done a fantastic job for keeping the handset business alive for year or so but his marketing strategy is really pathetic, just targeting the corporate users won't give them profit or bring them back where the world is mostly consumer, if he had targeted the consumer then the corporate then things might have been different. Besides there was no advertising of passport or classic or z30, just not the app gap is the reason for the failure of bb10, But, he too sitting on top of throne will see only the person on throne while neglecting the normal people.

Just making BlackBerry a software Co and gaining profit is not the person called as turnround, he will always be refer as a person who failed in bringing profit to handset business and shutting it down

Posted via CB10
    02-06-16 05:43 AM
    Yep, buy the company.
    That's actually an awesome idea. Let's all buy blackberry together.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-16 06:50 AM
    That's actually an awesome idea. Let's all buy blackberry together.

Posted via CB10
    Done, am in lets buy the Co. And Fire JC

Posted via CB10
    02-06-16 07:50 AM
    Done, am in lets buy the Co. And Fire JC
    Me too!

Erm... let's see, I've got 27p and a button. Where do I sign-up?
    02-06-16 10:30 AM
    02-08-16 11:13 AM
    I heard Chen was let go today and the hardware division is next. I created a thread but looks like it got deleted.

 Z30 STA100-5/10.3.2.2168
    02-09-16 04:33 PM
    I heard Chen was let go today and the hardware division is next. I created a thread but looks like it got deleted.

Because you have no supporting information, and hours have gone by with absolutely no corroboration.
    BigBadWulf and JeepBB like this.
    02-09-16 04:43 PM

Closed not gone.

[WARN]Spreading unsubstantiated rumors is akin to trolling, unappreciated, and begging for disciplinary action. Don't do it![/WARN]
    02-09-16 07:31 PM
    Because you have no supporting information, and hours have gone by with absolutely no corroboration.

An avatar name based on a misspelling of Machiavelli, should have been enough to judge the substance of this "rumour".
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    02-10-16 02:24 AM
    It's too bad.... I love the operating system more than any other one I have ever used....... Reminds me when I hung onto my Palm till the end.... Same thing - great operating system, just too late....
    02-10-16 05:48 AM
317 ... 7891011 ...