Here is what BlackBerry exec says
    BlackBerry are transitiong to Android and will drop BlackBerry 10, says BlackBerry exec

It's almost like a warning bell that we will go to Android don't buy bb10 phones & Don't trust us, we can ditch you whenever we want bcoz we are BlackBerry. Will keep with Passport as long as it serve me after that BlackBerry GTH
    LuisCast and andy957 like this.
    01-28-16 10:05 PM
    Nothing new. Just what most already believe BlackBerry to do.
    01-28-16 10:07 PM
    I fail to see how this is news, or a surprise. The warning bell has been sounding for a long time. Some are just deaf.
    Uzi, tufcustomer, JeepBB and 22 others like this.
    01-28-16 10:15 PM
    RIP BB10
    BigBadWulf and techvisor like this.
    01-28-16 10:42 PM
    3 years since the launching of Z10
    01-28-16 10:44 PM
    Maybe someone like LG will buy BB10 and put it in televisions too.

Posted via CB10
    dmlis, schlurch, pkcable and 4 others like this.
    01-28-16 10:48 PM
    RIP BB10
    Go home, hater!

01-28-16 10:49 PM
    You could do the gestures with a PS Move type stick complete with a Dr Who sonic type sound when you need to press an button. Most fun TV remote ever.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-16 10:49 PM
    It says "may" not "is"

Posted via CB10
    BoneMatrix likes this.
    01-28-16 11:01 PM
    You could do the gestures with a PS Move type stick complete with a Dr Who sonic type sound when you need to press an button. Most fun TV remote ever.

Posted via CB10
    BB10...the latest in phone booth technology!
    Jakob Greve and Velocitymj like this.
    01-28-16 11:03 PM
    It says "may" not "is"

Posted via CB10
    Of course he did. Otherwise, it would read "Former BlackBerry Executive".
    Uzi, Rustybronco, KermEd and 6 others like this.
    01-28-16 11:05 PM
    I fail to see how this is news, or a surprise. The warning bell has been sounding for a long time. Some are just deaf.
    There are some people out there that are just reluctant to let go... me definitely being one of them!

After trying the Priv for a couple of months and not enjoying it, I will be missing BB10 when the time comes that it is no more.
    There is still a little voice in the back of my head that is saying "it can't be true, they will come out with another BB10 device!"

Doesn't get Classier then posting from a Classic!
    01-28-16 11:11 PM
    Meh, I'm still finding plenty to keep me interested in my Passport. I have no desire to leave BB10 yet even it is going to lose support eventually.

I'll see where things are in a years time and reassess.

Posted via CB10
    KemKev, jope28, brian4591 and 4 others like this.
    01-28-16 11:16 PM
    There are some people out there that are just reluctant to let go... me definitely being one of them!
    I posted that from my Z30, which I plan on using for at least another year.

After trying the Priv for a couple of months and not enjoying it, I will be missing BB10 when the time comes that it is no more.
    BB10 phones will work as long as the hardware let's them. It's development that has slowed to a crawl, and will eventually end.

There is still a little voice in the back of my head that is saying "it can't be true, they will come out with another BB10 device!"
    I hope that's the only little voice in your head, you need to ignore.
    Superfly_FR and techvisor like this.
    01-28-16 11:18 PM
    I spoke to someone today who knows someone that works there, and he said the Priv may straight up be the last phone they make.

Despite the rumours of the Vienna, they may just kill of all projects.

Posted via -sigh- Priv. Guess we have to get used to Android guys....
    dejanh, sentimentGX4 and techvisor like this.
    01-28-16 11:52 PM
    I spoke to someone today who knows someone that works there, and he said the Priv may straight up be the last phone they make.

Wow, no more pkb's... That sucks...
    01-29-16 12:24 AM
    BB10 will remain until android gets its government clearances and certification.

Now how tough a task, and how long, and whether that's even possible, is really a question to the pro's out there and security gurus.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-16 12:25 AM
    I'm just waiting for a core BB application, like BBM, to get a significant feature update on Android, but not on BB10... at least not without a significant delay and/or being incomplete and half hearted.

After that, it's only a matter of time, until we see BlackBerry releasing their first rebranded headset handset from a "noname" manifacturer, completing the transition to an empty shell of a box-shifting trademark milker. (...which is kind of funny, since it's really the brand image and company behaviour that is the problem, rather than the products themselves (see reviewers who look like they've bit into a lemon, during their efforts to find things to complain about with the Priv, that do not accidently cast any shadow on Android). Not that such matters ever stopped any other of the ilk (EDIT: "latter day" exploiters of old trademarks, that is - not the reporters)).

I'm not sure which will come first, actually.
    Last edited by jojon2se; 01-29-16 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Wrote "headset" instead of "handset"... Revolve too much around VR these days... :P
    Jahcure and psskid like this.
    01-29-16 01:03 AM
    There is no end to blackberry 10 and even if there is the ceo of blackberry said that he would be continuing blackberry 10.

Posted via CB10
    brian4591 and altijdzwart like this.
    01-29-16 01:15 AM

But he said "may", not "is".
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    01-29-16 01:41 AM
    It's 'Is' just to keep us the taste of volcanic heat they used the word 'May'

Posted via CB10
    01-29-16 03:37 AM
    As much as I hate to admit it, this is not a surprise. I will keep my current Passport and I will be buying a white one for Christmas, just as a curiosity. Most likely, I will be using a BB10 device as a second phone until ebay runs dry of units ) and will adopt an Android again, although the OS feels so obsolete without the gestures of BB10. But that's not happening yet, at least for me. I'm using a 9900/Passport combination, which is great for my needs. Who knows, perhaps I'll even buy a Priv someday, but it's sad to see such a wonderful OS go to waste
    01-29-16 06:09 AM
    I would still like to see cascade iu be developed as a skin for the Priv design android please

Z10
    01-29-16 06:13 AM
    Well, for now this is not possible and i don't see this possible soon in future. BlackBerry 10 is still secure and more powerful than Android.
    I understand your worries, but for now BB10 is still here and is still a very incredible OS. If we stay united, we can still enjoy our favorite OS. By supporting third party developers and community.

But with also Windows Phone in trouble there is really a bad future Windows Phone is dead | The Verge
    Google wanted protect us from a future where one company, one operating system dominate the global market. Now who will protect us from Android and Google?
    01-29-16 06:43 AM
    That voice you are hearing? It's psychotic.
    vpblaze and devin266 like this.
    01-29-16 07:11 AM
317 123 ...