07-12-15 09:40 AM
31 12
tools
    Someone recently posted on another thread about an app called Seecrypt

https://www.seecrypt.com/

They support BB 10, although the BB app is an Android port and doesn't get updated as often as the real thing (what a surprise). You can simply load the actual Android app instead.

It's free to download, chat, and receive calls, but you have to pay a small subscription to make calls. It's really cheap, actually! No first-hand experience.
    03-04-15 07:12 AM
    Just an update on Seecrypt..

I was reading around the web for user reviews and came across a few articles quoting Seecrypt execs (do a search). Apparently, "the law" wasn't too happy that an app like Seecrypt exists, so Seecrypt execs responded that they can assist law enforcement.

So, what does that mean?

It implies that Seecrypt, in one way or another, may track/monitor/log user information, or have a backdoor. Although their FAQ states otherwise regarding the backdoor, one must doubt the integrity of their statement based on their exec's public statements.

Why should you care?

Because if you're paying money for a premium service that promises you privacy and security, you should expect it to deliver what it promises. If I wanted to be tracked, monitored, and recorded, I'd use Skype or whatever "free" service out there.

Next on the list to check out.... Silent Circle?
    03-09-15 07:12 AM
    What about CellCrypt?

Deployment | Cellcrypt Voice Security Solutions

It looks like a very expensive service whatsoever. I can't find the subscription fees anywhere on the website.
    05-12-15 02:47 PM
    Looks ok but still waiting :y

Posted via Q10Bold
    05-12-15 04:33 PM
    There is a native BlackBerry10 SIP client: Taki which provides you this option. Depending on your VoIP provider, it can be used with TLS and SRTP or with end-to-end encryption via ZRTP.
    07-09-15 11:17 PM
    There is a native BlackBerry10 SIP client: Taki which provides you this option. Depending on your VoIP provider, it can be used with TLS and SRTP or with end-to-end encryption via ZRTP.
    The problem will be finding a provider that supports secure signalling and/or media.

If you know of any please share.
    07-12-15 09:40 AM
31 12