Hi, I'm looking to add one external encrypted email account to my home phone BB10 device. It has my household gmail account and I want to add the second external service for people who don't like Google (and lets face it ...). This is the trickier bit. I don't want to use the browser. It must integrate with the hub. I only pick the phone from its cradle if the hub is blinking.
    Not looking to evade the NSA (well GCHQ where I am) or even a proper police investigation. I don't want a complicated exchange of keys type situation unless it's done in the background. It will be on a device in my name with my phone number and my home gmail account on it. Privacy of whose account it is irrelevant.
    So a Proton Mail type thing is ideal but I can't link that with the Hub so useless to me.
    An answer would be great but if it starts a little debate i'll read it before adding an account.
    Thanks everyone
    12-01-20 03:39 PM
    HUB only supports S/MME email. No PGP or other custom encrypted services like Protonmail.

Business generally will setup a VPN connection or something like BES and limit communications to users within their own network.

If you just want something other than "Gmail". Try a Outlook.com account. Or for a little more a paid account let's you chose your own domain. But it still won't be encrypted.
    12-01-20 03:55 PM
    Thanks so much. That was great. I'd given it an hour or so between both tasks but would have given it a few more without CB
    12-01-20 03:58 PM
    Isn't PGP supported by Hub 'out of the box'..? See e.g. PGP Keys submenu in Settings. When receiving PGP email, Hub tries to decode it.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-20 06:07 PM
    Isn't PGP supported by Hub 'out of the box'..? See e.g. PGP Keys submenu in Settings. When receiving PGP email, Hub tries to decode it.

Posted via CB10
    In my live account I have a pgp option in the settings

Posted via CB10
    12-02-20 08:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    It somewhat worked if you had BES and an exchange account.... that's how BlackBerry envisioned it working. So yes the settings are there, if you have all the other parts.

There was an app in BlackBerry World that once was able to make it work without BES, but it stopped working.
    12-02-20 09:10 AM
    No need for BES or external app anymore at least with the latest BB10 OS. Just tried PGP using plain Hub of my Passport OG with my Exchange ActiveSync e-mail account and it works both directions. Of course, possible security issues because of no security updates for long long time... Also PGP key import is a little fiddly, keys have to be RSA only and private key has to be imported with public key both in one file (thanx older threads here at CB). But it works. PGP e-mails also have a little lock over envelope icon in the Hub.

Good place to start: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-keys-1037623/ (also follow all the links inside the thread)

Posted via CB10
    12-02-20 09:23 AM
    Hi everyone. I went with a German email provider. I should have posed my question better. Thanks to everyone who responded
    12-02-20 09:32 AM
    No need for BES or external app anymore at least with the latest BB10 OS. Just tried PGP using plain Hub of my Passport OG with my Exchange ActiveSync e-mail account and it works both directions. Of course, possible security issues because of no security updates for long long time... Also PGP key import is a little fiddly, keys have to be RSA only and private key has to be imported with public key both in one file (thanx older threads here at CB). But it works. PGP e-mails also have a little lock over envelope icon in the Hub.

Good place to start: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-keys-1037623/ (also follow all the links inside the thread)

Posted via CB10
    You have sent messages to someone else and they were able to unlock them? And they sent you messages as well. Not just you sending messages to yourself?
    12-02-20 09:35 AM
    You have sent messages to someone else and they were able to unlock them? And they sent you messages as well. Not just you sending messages to yourself?
    I am not able to test it with sb else now. Later.

What I did:
    1 - composed e-mail in Thunderbird on my PC (latest version, no need to setup up anything special) addressed myself
    2 - e-mail encrypted with my public PGP key and sent
    3 - PGP email delivered using Exchange ActiveSync to my Passport's Hub
    4 - e-mail decrypted and opened in my Passport's Hub
    5 - also successfully repeated the process with another PGP e-mail from my Passport to my Thunderbird

It should be exactly the same with sb else...?
    Last edited by MeMeCe; 12-02-20 at 10:19 AM.
    gouger05 likes this.
    12-02-20 10:01 AM
    I am not able to test it with sb else now. Later.

What I did:
    1 - composed e-mail in Thunderbird on my PC (latest version, no need to setup up anything special) addressed myself
    2 - e-mail encrypted with my public PGP key and sent
    3 - PGP email delivered using Exchange ActiveSync to my Passport's Hub
    4 - e-mail decrypted and opened in my Passport's Hub
    5 - also successfully repeated the process with another PGP e-mail from my Passport to my Thunderbird

It should be exactly the same with sb else...?
    What PGP app did you use with hub? :-)
    01-12-21 09:34 PM
    What PGP app did you use with hub? :-)
    No app needed. BB10 ver 10.3.1 and later has native PGP support.

Posted via CB10
    nevilleadaniels likes this.
    01-14-21 03:44 AM