I have a Passport running on the Rogers network. It was originally sold by a Rogers dealership. Is it possible for me to set it up to make Wifi calls?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-18 07:35 PM
    According to Rogers, WiFi calling is only directly supported on some iPhone, Samsung, and LG models, but even if that extrapolates into Android and iOS phones in general, that doesn't include BB10.
    10-21-18 02:19 PM
    Yes, I used fongo with WiFi earlier today from BBWorld. The escreen has some options for that, but I can't help you with where in the menus that is or if enabling it will work for you. I use this app to enable the menus within escreen://
    Check out ESCode 3.0 in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59945994

Posted via CB10
    10-21-18 08:19 PM
    I have a Passport running on the Rogers network. It was originally sold by a Rogers dealership. Is it possible for me to set it up to make Wifi calls?

Posted via CB10
    Definitely possible with the Passport, although I'm not sure what restrictions Rogers may or may not have in place.

Have you tried to set it up yet?

Posted via CB10
    10-22-18 08:43 PM
    I tried installing the Wifi Calling app, but apparently it is only for T-Mobile
    Attached Thumbnails Enable Wifi calling?-wifi.jpg  
    10-23-18 06:56 PM
    i have passport and i am a t-mobile user. still, i am getting the same exact message on my phone.
    the latest reviewer suggests using SmartTages and scanning the QR code to access the download page. i found SmartTags app. where do i find the QR code? thanks
    10-24-18 05:43 PM
    i have passport and i am a t-mobile user. still, i am getting the same exact message on my phone.
    the latest reviewer suggests using SmartTages and scanning the QR code to access the download page. i found SmartTags app. where do i find the QR code? thanks
    Or you could just go here:

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...24900/?lang=en
    10-24-18 10:01 PM
    thanks. followed your link, signed with my bb id and got a message 'The item is not available for your selected carrier', even though 'selected carriers' has only 1 carrier - t-mobile usa, which IS my carrier. also, my country and my device are as listed. any bright ideas? thanks again
    10-24-18 10:47 PM
    Yes, I used fongo with WiFi earlier today from BBWorld. The escreen has some options for that, but I can't help you with where in the menus that is or if enabling it will work for you. I use this app to enable the menus within escreen://
    Check out ESCode 3.0 in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59945994

Posted via CB10
    How do I use the unlock code? I have the code, but how do I use it with the escreen?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Munchkinguy; 10-29-18 at 05:21 PM.
    10-29-18 04:59 PM
    10-29-18 06:35 PM
    How do I use the unlock code? I have the code, but how do I use it with the escreen?

Posted via CB10
    Get the uptime from escreen and then enter into the input labeled uptime on the escode app. The other inputs below labeled from either 1 day to 30 days should produce a code which you need to enter back into the escreen. You wont get anything to type that into you must swipe up for a keyboard on VKB or just type with PKB. It may take a few tries but when done the escreen will unlock to show the device menus.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-18 09:13 PM
    or just type with PKB. It may take a few tries but when done the escreen will unlock to show the device menus.

Posted via CB10
    I have a Passport, so I can't type numbers unless I am entering numbers into a text field.

EDIT: Okay, so I had to keep refreshing until I got a code that was only numbers. That took about 5 minutes, but I'm in for 3 days now
    Last edited by Munchkinguy; 10-29-18 at 11:12 PM.
    Leyra B10 likes this.
    10-29-18 10:56 PM
    I wonder if it would work to swap in a T-Mobile card, enable wifi calling, then swap back to Rogers.
    10-29-18 11:40 PM
    I wonder if it would work to swap in a T-Mobile card, enable wifi calling, then swap back to Rogers.
    It won't work as thurask mentioned it's not a supported device
    For wifi calling you need to enable it in your settings on a supported device
    Since the passport isn't one it will never work on rogers
    Buying a tmobile Sim will only enable tmobile Wifi calling while you have the sim in
    For.canadian providers it's only in your settings on android or apple
    You do have options though thru the rogers one website which allows you to text and call with the same number

Or a voip app like fongo
    It will only be in your settings if you are on. A supported device it's not an app you can download for your carrier
    Your only options really are voip
    10-30-18 11:08 PM
    I sometimes put my work AT&T USA SIM card into my Passport for convenience. Funnily enough, neither the SIM, the Passport have been to the USA for a looooong time!

The WiFi calling worked immediately by default when roaming in many countries. I didn't have the WiFi calling app installed. I installed the app to switch the WiFi calling OFF because it wouldn't abroad-- specifically the UAE.

So, I think you don't necessarily need the app to get things working, just to access the toggle switch to switch it off, and then back on.

I have the BAR file which you can sideload. I'm sure I got it from a link on Crackberry somewhere. If you can't find it, send me a PM on here with your email address and I'll send you the BAR file as an attachment.

I'd suspect that it just isn't set up to work on your Rogers network, but I know the feeling and you won't be able to rest until you've got the BAR file!

Posted via CB10
    10-31-18 02:38 AM
    There isn't a bar or app you download once you turn on wifi calling in settings it's automatically in your dailer
    Its not a seperate app
    10-31-18 03:08 AM
    There isn't a bar or app you download once you turn on wifi calling in settings it's automatically in your dailer
    Its not a seperate app
    You are right that the WiFi calling is done within the dialler.

However, there IS an app from either Blackberry or TMobile to control whether you want the WiFi calling to be on or off. This is essential because it isn't always reliable so needs switched off in some places.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-18 09:26 AM