You know how Outlook adds a little arrow to the e-mails that you already replied.
    I am certain that with BB7 it used to add that on desktop whenever you replied to an e-mail from BB. Now I see that my reply already appeared in Sent items, but that little arrow is not there. This is a big issue in my opinion.. I am using hosted ActiveSync.
    03-28-13 11:41 PM
    I'm on BES and it doesn't work anymore either :S
    03-29-13 12:03 AM
    I'm also missing this feature!
    03-29-13 12:42 AM
    I have this issue too on two different active sync accounts. Quite annoying. Hope they fix this soon!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 12:46 AM
    It's the same when using an iPhone over activesync, think it's an activesync thing.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 05:50 AM
    It's the same when using an iPhone over activesync, think it's an activesync thing.
    See below please.

I'm on BES and it doesn't work anymore either :S
    This is pretty annoying, I thought it was EAS issue, but think about it, even Exchange/Outlook relies on ActiveSync to mark the replied e-mails. When trying to reply again to an e-mail that's already been replied to, Outlook still warns you that you are not responding to the latest e-mail, so apparently it is not a matter of catching a reply or not, it is simply Blackberry not marking the original e-mail with a reply "flag" internally before syncing back with server.

Need to add this to the list of things to fix..
    03-29-13 08:52 AM
    Put MS outlook to conversation mode. All sent / received mail will organize under the initial email. There will be a little arrow beside the email to expand and all mails to and from in chronological order below. Captures even if I reply from my BlackBerry.

Posted from my Z10
    03-29-13 11:58 AM
    Put MS outlook to conversation mode. All sent / received mail will organize under the initial email. There will be a little arrow beside the email to expand and all mails to and from in chronological order below. Captures even if I reply from my BlackBerry.

Posted from my Z10
    That's not a viable option if you have hundreds of e-mails and it just creates a mess. Also, I use folders and I do not keep e-mails in Inbox, it will just defeat the purpose of Zero-Inbox. What you said is a nice workaround if you keep everything in Inbox, but if the darn reply indicator worked with earlier versions, why not with the newer ones?
    03-29-13 01:22 PM
    Well at least I appear to not be the only one with issue on the z10 then. After spending 8 hours in a Verizon store with many blackberry techs in Canada they confirmed that I can not use my new blackberry due to issues o. Heir end and updates not available yet. Long story short after 8 hours of my time wasted they told me to return all the z10's I ordered for my company and wait for the, to fix the issue.
    The best part is they told me they have the fix already set in Canada and Europe working fine but don't know when it will come to the US.

Why wold they release a phone they know had issues before they sent them out, then let loyal customer sit for 8 hours for them to tell me that. Oh wait the best thing was they also lost all my info from my bold while they were tried to find a back door way to back it work. So no I have my old beat up bold with zero info. Yes I can restore it from my desk top but that is besides the point since they were the ones that told me they would do that all for me.
    03-29-13 01:41 PM
    You know how Outlook adds a little arrow to the e-mails that you already replied.
    I am certain that with BB7 it used to add that on desktop whenever you replied to an e-mail from BB. Now I see that my reply already appeared in Sent items, but that little arrow is not there. This is a big issue in my opinion.. I am using hosted ActiveSync.
    What version of Exchange server is running?
    Is ActiveSync setup correctly in the environment, and has it been tested using the Microrsoft Remove Connectivity Analyzer?
    Default sync with ActiveSync is 15 minutes, I am not sure if you are able to change this in personal mode if so have you lowered it?
    03-29-13 02:57 PM
    I do not approve of the zero inbox movement.

Posted via CB10
    PD in T-DOT likes this.
    03-29-13 05:13 PM
    What version of Exchange server is running?
    Is ActiveSync setup correctly in the environment, and has it been tested using the Microrsoft Remove Connectivity Analyzer?
    Default sync with ActiveSync is 15 minutes, I am not sure if you are able to change this in personal mode if so have you lowered it?
    Would you be able to tell me how to do it? Is it something end user can do? Test it somehow?

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 05:44 PM
    That's not a viable option if you have hundreds of e-mails and it just creates a mess. Also, I use folders and I do not keep e-mails in Inbox, it will just defeat the purpose of Zero-Inbox. What you said is a nice workaround if you keep everything in Inbox, but if the darn reply indicator worked with earlier versions, why not with the newer ones?
    I use folders as well. When you are in conversation mode and you expand the main email as I said earlier, it shows all sent / receive email regardless where you filed them. They will be greyed out but if you double click the mail it pops up. Also a neat clean up feature in MS outlook, that will delete most of an email chain if all responses are captured in the last email. Helps to keep inbox size under control.

Posted from my Z10
    03-29-13 10:35 PM
    I use folders as well. When you are in conversation mode and you expand the main email as I said earlier, it shows all sent / receive email regardless where you filed them. They will be greyed out but if you double click the mail it pops up. Also a neat clean up feature in MS outlook, that will delete most of an email chain if all responses are captured in the last email. Helps to keep inbox size under control.

Posted from my Z10
    Thanks, I know but it does not keep your inbox clean, does it? If you move all your e-mails into folders for that particular conversation, does it still keep the conversation in inbox or where all e-mails are? If you have 5 in one folder, 5 in another and 0 in inbox, where does the conversation go?
    Which version of Outlook are you running?
    03-29-13 11:19 PM
    This is pretty annoying, I thought it was EAS issue, but think about it, even Exchange/Outlook relies on ActiveSync to mark the replied e-mails. When trying to reply again to an e-mail that's already been replied to, Outlook still warns you that you are not responding to the latest e-mail, so apparently it is not a matter of catching a reply or not, it is simply Blackberry not marking the original e-mail with a reply "flag" internally before syncing back with server.

Need to add this to the list of things to fix..
    I'm not sure where you read that Outlook uses ActiveSync to talk to Exchange because it does not. Outlook uses MAPI (RPC), whether it is direct over TCP or tunneled through HTTPS. Exchange 2013 only supports HTTPS tunneld MAPI, but it's not ActiveSync.

It appears as if iOS does implement the "you replied to" flag correctly, so I have to imagine this is an issue with BB's ActiveSync implementation:
    "You replied to this message..." does not show if replied from Android

I believe this is the "Reply To" feature listed under Exchange 2010 (14) on the following Wiki:
    Comparison of Exchange ActiveSync clients - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The Wiki indicates it is supported in BB 10, but the following BlackBerry KB article says "next release" whatever that means:
    KB33619-Supported Microsoft ActiveSync Features and Policies for use with BlackBerry 10

FYI I am seeing this problem with a direct (non-BES) ActiveSync connection to an Exchange 2010 SP2 server on my BB Z10 device running 10.1.0.264 (I am waiting on BlackBerry to upgrade me from the BETA version to the official 10.1 since they left me on the BETA version as a BETA tester). It's remotely possible that the official 10.1 fixed this as the "next release" but I doubt it.

This is not the only post on this issue BTW, I found this one first though so I decided to reply here. Here is the other:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...eplied-800156/
    05-16-13 07:39 PM
    I have the same issue and it very annoying. Hopefully they could fix this soon.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 08:19 PM
    A lot of people still did not realize this, or don't care (really?) I wonder if this is fixed in 10.1 or of it works with BES.

Sent from BlackBerry 9900
    05-19-13 10:25 AM
    A lot of people still did not realize this, or don't care (really?) I wonder if this is fixed in 10.1 or of it works with BES.

Sent from BlackBerry 9900
    Official 10.1.0.273 on the Z10 does not fix this issue
    05-19-13 11:18 AM
    I noticed that this feature went away when I upgraded to theZ10. I'm not using Enterprise Server any more, and that seems to be the reason it's no longer working. Any Z10 owners on BES? Would you suggest I get back on BES (although it's no longer necessary)?

I would like to see how BlackBerry Balance works...maybe...

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    05-19-13 12:18 PM

Posted from my Z10
    I set Outlook to conversation mode on both Q10 and Z10, how do I do it outlook.com?

Posted via CB10 from my Q10.
    05-19-13 12:29 PM
    I believe this is the "Reply To" feature listed under Exchange 2010 (14) on the following Wiki:
    Comparison of Exchange ActiveSync clients - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The Wiki indicates it is supported in BB 10, but the following BlackBerry KB article says "next release" whatever that means:
    KB33619-Supported Microsoft ActiveSync Features and Policies for use with BlackBerry 10
    FYI the status of "next release" was removed from the BlackBerry KB article, but then again the reply state capability reference was as well. I think you can infer that the change to the KB article by BlackBerry means something is up on their end (I hate being under NDA and not being able to provide details).
    05-29-13 08:20 PM
    I need this reply flag to work. I will change settings on exchange / outlook / bes to get it to work.

Let us know how to fix!
    06-04-13 11:26 AM
    I brought this item up in the blackberry beta zone and they are looking into it.

https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/threads/view/15925

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 09:50 PM
    Hi All,

The Reply\Forward marks issue is a known fault and a KB Article is now available but a solution is yet to be provided(KB34259-Message reply status is not reflected in Microsoft Outlook when the message is replied to or forwarded from the BlackBerry 10 smartphone). To confirm all other brand devices are capable of syncing Reply\Forward marks so this is a unique BB10.x issue that will be fixed in a future release of BES 10.1.0.x (no ETA). Once this issue is resolved hopefully Blackberry will also look at adding Reply\Forward marks on the device also as this is a use feature for determining what items are actioned.

Please note I also reported this issue to BlackBerry back on the 7th of April so hopefully the fix isn't to far away.

Thanks,

Gary
    06-12-13 11:45 PM
    Hi All,

The Reply\Forward marks issue is a known fault and a KB Article is now available but a solution is yet to be provided(KB34259-Message reply status is not reflected in Microsoft Outlook when the message is replied to or forwarded from the BlackBerry 10 smartphone). To confirm all other brand devices are capable of syncing Reply\Forward marks so this is a unique BB10.x issue that will be fixed in a future release of BES 10.1.0.x (no ETA). Once this issue is resolved hopefully Blackberry will also look at adding Reply\Forward marks on the device also as this is a use feature for determining what items are actioned.

Please note I also reported this issue to BlackBerry back on the 7th of April so hopefully the fix isn't to far away.

Thanks,

Gary
    You mentioned that this would be hopefully fixed in a future release of BES 10, and I wanted to clarify this is an issue with the BB 10 OS and not the BES as it is just an ActiveSync passthrough. I confirmed this is an issue with an Exchange 2010 server using ActiveSync with no BES in the middle.

Thanks for the KB article link, it's nice to see it's officialy on their radar.
    06-13-13 11:25 AM
36 12