Hey guys...
    I have been a long time blackberry user.. and I'm trying to convert and convince a few users to switch to bb..

I myself have been using a z10.. now there was a user that asked me.. how come when I open emails using my android or iPhone the email is opened in mobile format where everything fits into the screen.. no scrolling left to right.. but for bb I need to squish the screen to make it to mobile mode.. is there any settings to be done???

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 04:20 AM
    Anyone can help regarding this email issue?

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 04:36 AM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.

Also please don't bump your own thread, especially minutes later. It's middle of the night in North America where most members are located.

No unfortunately there's no setting to correct this.
    It's only with emails containing images like ads. Regular emails containing text always seem to be properly formatted.

I'd expect them to fix this oversight in the near future.
    08-19-13 05:03 AM
    Thanks for helping me correct the title to this.. I'm sorry as I needed the answer quite desperately.. I hope there would be a correction to this little problem..

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 05:15 AM
    Does anyone know if they finally fixed this issue in 10.2?

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 05:35 AM
    It does this even on the BBOS 7 versions - only the ads do this on mine. I just pinch and zoom to get it to fit on the screen as a whole. No big deal really.
    08-19-13 06:26 AM
    It does this even on the BBOS 7 versions - only the ads do this on mine. I just pinch and zoom to get it to fit on the screen as a whole. No big deal really.
    BS. BBOS 7 emails wrapped. BB10 emails almost always appear huge and require pinching, not just because of ads. It is a big deal to pinch every email, especially if you use the phone to sift through a lot of mail. And 10.2 doesn't fix it.

This attitude is what is worst about Blackberry and Crackberry.
    Joel Diplan and PFman like this.
    08-19-13 08:07 AM
    @deadcowboy: spot on.

Posted via CB10
    Joel Diplan and PFman like this.
    08-19-13 08:10 AM
    BS. BBOS 7 emails wrapped. BB10 emails almost always appear huge and require pinching, not just because of ads. It is a big deal to pinch every email, especially if you use the phone to sift through a lot of mail. And 10.2 doesn't fix it.

This attitude is what is worst about Blackberry and Crackberry.
    There is no attitude. I'm stating a fact. How you take it is what the issue is. For me is it no big deal to pinch emails for ads.
    08-19-13 09:15 AM
    There is no attitude. I'm stating a fact. How you take it is what the issue is. For me is it no big deal to pinch emails for ads.
    The "attitude" to which the poster refers is the one of general acceptance of BB's thoughtless oversight. For you, it may be no big deal to "pinch" emails. However, the average user will add it to their long list of frustrations with BB10, and more will simply give up. The fact that this wasn't a problem on BB7, but is now with this "new and improved" OS is even more telling about BB's sloppiness, but it is irrelevant; BB10 is not competing with BB7, rather with iOS and Android, platforms which don't have these annoying little problems.

BB has fully botched the release of BB10. It is a bug-ridden and sloppy operating system which is driving this long-time BB user to consider an iPhone for the first time since it was released in 2007. BB10 was supposed to save BB (and in turn strengthen my resolve to remain a BB user). It has done exactly the opposite. Apparently your attitude of "oh, this mistake/oversight/problem/bug is not big deal" is also pervasive in Waterloo, and it will be their downfall.
    Joel Diplan and vkberry like this.
    08-19-13 10:07 AM
    The "attitude" to which the poster refers is the one of general acceptance of BB's thoughtless oversight. For you, it may be no big deal to "pinch" emails. However, the average user will add it to their long list of frustrations with BB10, and more will simply give up. The fact that this wasn't a problem on BB7, but is now with this "new and improved" OS is even more telling about BB's sloppiness, but it is irrelevant; BB10 is not competing with BB7, rather with iOS and Android, platforms which don't have these annoying little problems.

BB has fully botched the release of BB10. It is a bug-ridden and sloppy operating system which is driving this long-time BB user to consider an iPhone for the first time since it was released in 2007. BB10 was supposed to save BB (and in turn strengthen my resolve to remain a BB user). It has done exactly the opposite. Apparently your attitude of "oh, this mistake/oversight/problem/bug is not big deal" is also pervasive in Waterloo, and it will be their downfall.
    Thanks you for writing very clearly what I know a lot of us feel. I still like my BlackBerry phone, but you're spot on.
    Joel Diplan, Pilchard and vkberry like this.
    08-19-13 11:34 AM
    Well.. guys seriously.. I'm not frustrated with my bb.. I was frustrated that I didn't even know this problem existed till my good friend wanted to get a bb.. he was offered a new job and wanted a bb.. till he checked the asked why when he opens my emails he said the email doesn't open to the width of the screen.. I was shocked and speechless and I said give me a few days.. and I tried to search and do everything but can't.. and went to crackberry for help

Posted via CB10
    Joel Diplan likes this.
    08-19-13 01:47 PM
    Well.. guys seriously.. I'm not frustrated with my bb.. I was frustrated that I didn't even know this problem existed till my good friend wanted to get a bb.. he was offered a new job and wanted a bb.. till he checked the asked why when he opens my emails he said the email doesn't open to the width of the screen.. I was shocked and speechless and I said give me a few days.. and I tried to search and do everything but can't.. and went to crackberry for help

Posted via CB10
    And there is no help, because, in this case, as in so many others, BB10 has simply failed.
    08-19-13 02:08 PM
    On the OP...double tap screen...everything fits...

Posted via CB10
    astrodan13 likes this.
    08-19-13 03:12 PM
    On the OP...double tap screen...everything fits...

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps this will be refined in 10.2. Can any 10.2 users confirm this? Thanks

Post via CB Z10
    08-19-13 03:37 PM
    Perhaps this will be refined in 10.2. Can any 10.2 users confirm this? Thanks

Post via CB Z10
    Double tap works just fine on 10.2 with e-mail that includes ads.
    08-19-13 04:01 PM
    10.2 does not fix the lack of wrapping. Other phones don't require this extra step. Why does my Q10?
    08-19-13 04:16 PM
    10.2 does not fix the lack of wrapping. Other phones don't require this extra step. Why does my Q10?
    Because BB decided to release an entire platform with insufficient user testing because they were in a rush to try and remain relevant. What they've proven is that they simply no longer are.
    08-19-13 04:23 PM
    Because BB decided to release an entire platform with insufficient user testing because they were in a rush to try and remain relevant. What they've proven is that they simply no longer are.
    I wouldn't go that far. There is a lot to love about the OS and the hardware. BlackBerry has the fastest browser anywhere, for crying out loud--that's relevant. Hub is brilliant. There is a lot to love. Unfortunately there are some issues that are unacceptable.
    astrodan13 likes this.
    08-19-13 04:46 PM
    I'm sorry to spoil the hate.. but check the same email on another device and it will also not fit the screen automatically... It's due to ads, pictures and email mark up.. if it does so for a certain email on BlackBerry 10 it does the same on another device...

(tested with the Samsung Galaxy S3)

From the Z...
    astrodan13 likes this.
    08-19-13 04:47 PM
    I wouldn't go that far. There is a lot to love about the OS and the hardware. BlackBerry has the fastest browser anywhere, for crying out loud--that's relevant. Hub is brilliant. There is a lot to love. Unfortunately there are some issues that are unacceptable.
    I like the Hub. I like the hardware well enough (although an iPhone 5 feels WAY more weighty and tightly assembled). I think the browser is absolute garbage.
    08-19-13 05:46 PM
    I'm sorry to spoil the hate.. but check the same email on another device and it will also not fit the screen automatically... It's due to ads, pictures and email mark up.. if it does so for a certain email on BlackBerry 10 it does the same on another device...

(tested with the Samsung Galaxy S3)

From the Z...
    Simply not true. I have an iPhone 5 and a Q10. I just checked a number of heavily designed newsletters from different sites. Here is how the iPhone pulls it up vs the Q10. (no ads, no manipulation).

Emails don't fit to page width?-img_00000122.png
    Emails don't fit to page width?-img_00000123.jpg
    08-19-13 05:53 PM
    Simply not true. I have an iPhone 5 and a Q10. I just checked a number of heavily designed newsletters from different sites. Here is how the iPhone pulls it up vs the Q10. (no ads, no manipulation).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000122.png 
Views:	510 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	194013
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000123.jpg 
Views:	509 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	194014
    ROTFLMAO
    08-19-13 05:55 PM

This puts my sentiments to words very well.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 07:10 PM
    @crackbb are u Sure??? Well for ads the double tap works but why need to double tap when they could have done something to make the thing fit..

Anyways I will try on an android for the same email...

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 04:59 AM
68 123