Z10 on EE in the UK with latest official OS.

For the THIRD time, yesterday all my emails disappeared. Unlike some other people, mine didn't disappear from the server, just handset. They were literally there one minute, and ten minutes later I went to the hub and they had ALL gone.

Since yesterday, I have restarted the phone 3 times to see if that does anything. Immediate restarts don't do anything, but over the course of the past 36 hours some emails have returned. It seems completely random which ones, and the ones that have returned have returned in DUPLICATE or TRIPLICATE. Yes, I have 3 of the same emails in the hub.

Yesterday: hub 4 emails. Server 18.
    Weds: hub 4 & 1 duplicated. Server 22.
    Tues: hub none. Server 28.
    Mon, sun, sat, Fri: hub none. Server 60+
    Thurs: hub 6 duplicated, 2 with 4 copies, 3 others.
    Several days with none.
    28th Dec: hub has 2 emails with FOUR copies. Server has over 20.

This happened to me previously in December at some point, and again in November.

I cannot rely on my BlackBerry for emails. I just can't. Never thought I'd say that.

Also, for the past 4 or 5 months, but it's getting worse recently, I struggle making calls. I sit here in the centre of Manchester with a FULL 4G signal, i go to make a call, half the time it takes ages to even ring, signal drops to 1 bar, call quality is shockingly bad, and on a half hour conversation I guarantee I will get disconnected. Up pops 'call cannot be connected' half way through conversation. Or most of the time it takes several tries to even get it to ring, I'll dial and 'call cannot be connected' comes up. The very first Nokia I got in 1998 was better and more reliable than this!

My contacts list I've given up with. It has a mind of its own. I'm sick of deleting duplicates and triplicate of contacts just to have them reappear. Contacts list is just a complete mess. I can't be bothered with it anymore.

I'm sick of not being able to see in the headers of emails if I'm the only person the email was sent to. Why can you not see who else was cc'd so you know whether to reply all or not.

I've had this z10 for 49 weeks now and I'm due an upgrade as I only took a 12 month contract out. Phones4u where I got this from no longer sell them or the Z30. In fact most stores / networks don't anymore. If you want a BlackBerry you have to really try and go out of your way to find one.

There are so many things I do love about OS10, but when the three most important things (email, calls, contacts) don't bloody work and/or can't be relied upon, it is so so frustrating.

So I don't know what to do. Maybe I should find a used 9900 (my last one finally broke after almost 2yrs ) to use for the important stuff like calls, emails and contacts, and just keep this Z for Web use on wifi. But then I'd gotten used to 4g speeds. I really don't want to get an iPhone. Ugh

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 12:13 PM
    On all the disappearing mail threads, I have yet to see the actual cause/ solution to the problem. Surely BlackBerry must be aware and doing something?

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 12:28 PM
    Upgrade the OS. Takes few hours total for backup download of new leak install and restore.

This will help because of 1. Reload of OS
    2. New radio binaries.

Guaranteed this helps.

If that doesent work then it's almost guaranteed a hardware issue either chip or the sim card is mangled.

Gluck

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 01:47 PM
    No

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    01-10-14 02:21 PM
    Z10 on EE in the UK with latest official OS.

For the THIRD time, yesterda...

Posted via CB10
    How is your email setup on the device. Also if you can login to the Webmail or Exchange version of your email please check the Sync Issues folder. If there is sync issues it will cause duplication and or missing emails. My wife's z10 had imap setup on her phone and it had sync issues with Godaddy email services. it was a go daddy issue cause soon as i moved her to another host the issues are now gone. From my IT stand point I would say this is your issue.

The call issues only make it point more towards the sync issues since it seems your phone does not have a good connection to the network. Might be a provider issue where you are or check for OS update and phone may need resetup.

If possible see if you can turn your network data off and run off wifi only and see if any issues come up. Might be hard to do if your mobile all the time.
    01-10-14 06:55 PM