Can anyone recommend some sort of "email viewer" where I can set up a bunch of email accounts just to view, but it doesn't actually download emails to my computer?

I love the idea of Blend, how I just manage the emails I have on my phone from there, but nothing actually downloads on my PC.

I have other emails that I need to manage that I don't have or need on my phone, so they fall outside of my Blend access, currently I use webmail, just through the domain: mydomain/webmail

The problem with that is that I can only login to one at a time, or have several different browsers up and running for each different account.

So I'm on the look out for a software or application that will just let me link up a bunch of email addresses and that I can view them all without downloading the email.

Is this possible?
    08-29-17 11:05 PM
    If you don't interact with the email, you'd just be viewing it.

Only the text of the message uses your device storage, and gets deleted after 30 days (or whatever you set it to). Attachments only download to the device if you select them. Storage use is negligible if that's what you're ultimately worried about.

Just make sure you set your POP email accounts to keep a copy on the server.
    08-29-17 11:51 PM
    But what program are you talking about?

I meant viewing and responding. But keeps emails up on the server.... basically like blend.

I'd like to manage about 7 email addresses from some sort of webmail browser....

does anything like that exist?
    08-31-17 12:19 AM
    But what program are you talking about?

I meant viewing and responding. But keeps emails up on the server.... basically like blend.

I'd like to manage about 7 email addresses from some sort of webmail browser....

does anything like that exist?
    I'm not sure I understand. Every email client does what you are asking. Nothing removes anything off the server unless you delete it.
    08-31-17 07:33 AM
    I'm not sure I understand. Every email client does what you are asking. Nothing removes anything off the server unless you delete it.
    I think he is referring to a "Blend" alternative as he mentions not downloading to his "computer"
    08-31-17 08:53 AM
    I think he is referring to a "Blend" alternative as he mentions not downloading to his "computer"
    But even on his PC, nothing deletes from the server unless it's set up to do that.
    08-31-17 10:30 AM
    08-31-17 10:31 AM
    Something along the lines to what I think you're looking for is provided in the form of an app, Alto. It's available in the Google Play and App Store but is also accessible via a browser (web.altomail.com). Alto will allow you to view and organize 10 email accounts from the same dashboard.
    08-31-17 11:58 AM
    You can also set up a Gmail account to poll all of your other email accounts.
    08-31-17 12:47 PM
    @conite..... I hate gmail... the interface is just terrible... im one of those people that has never been able to handle it.

I did mean not downloading emails to my computer. I realize they don't get removed from the server, but I really like not bringing things down, that's what is great about Blend, you interact with your emails, but "up there".... nothing actually touches my computer.

So I would like a webmail option that lets me set up a bunch of accounts in one place.
    08-31-17 03:13 PM
    @conite..... I hate gmail... the interface is just terrible... im one of those people that has never been able to handle it.

I did mean not downloading emails to my computer. I realize they don't get removed from the server, but I really like not bringing things down, that's what is great about Blend, you interact with your emails, but "up there".... nothing actually touches my computer.

So I would like a webmail option that lets me set up a bunch of accounts in one place.
    I haven't seen an email client in forever that actually downloads the email content to your computer. In the old days, Outlook and Thunderbolt did that.

Use outlook.com if you prefer.
    08-31-17 04:10 PM
    really? I figured outlook still did that.... what you are saying is that desktop outlook just acts as a viewer?

I would love to use outlook.com, but they don't support other domains, im trying to figure out their paid package, but it isn't very clear.
    08-31-17 05:41 PM
    I don't understand. Are you saying all your emails reside on your phone? Nothing on your computer?

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.2205
    09-01-17 09:25 PM
    I don't understand. Are you saying all your emails reside on your phone? Nothing on your computer?

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.2205
    That's how I read it, accessing the emails on the phone via another app on a PC.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-17 07:26 PM
    But even on his PC, nothing deletes from the server unless it's set up to do that.
    I think he is just asking for a blend alternative. This thread seems to be complicating his question.

OP there really isn't something as good as blend was in my opinion but the closest is likely push bullet. You can view and reply to your email as you could with blend. I think it allows for texts as well. There are also several other programs that mirror your device screen to your pc.
    09-03-17 08:01 PM
    I Realize it got confusing.

OK.

No, I am not asking for a Blend alternative (I know there isn't one).

I am asking for a way to view my emails from MY PC... just as a viewer... I use domain/webmail now, but I would like to centralize all my webmail accounts into one webmail place, or one software on my computer, but I don't want emails to come down to my computer.... I know emails don't reside on my phone..... you just kind of 'tap into the webmail cloud'.... I want to do that from my pc... from one place, several emails.

less confusing?
    09-05-17 01:28 PM
    I Realize it got confusing.

OK.

No, I am not asking for a Blend alternative (I know there isn't one).

I am asking for a way to view my emails from MY PC... just as a viewer... I use domain/webmail now, but I would like to centralize all my webmail accounts into one webmail place, or one software on my computer, but I don't want emails to come down to my computer.... I know emails don't reside on my phone..... you just kind of 'tap into the webmail cloud'.... I want to do that from my pc... from one place, several emails.

less confusing?
    But those blend alternatives will do that for you. So pushbullet is one. There is also ones that will mirror you device onto PC. No emails are going onto your pc in either case.
    09-05-17 02:40 PM
    Blend would do it as well, just that I don't have those emails on my phone, I only have the essential ones, I am trying ot streamline lal my emails to one place on my PC, in a similar manner that blend does it, but for stuff I don't have on my phone.... sorry I know confusing.

HOWEVER, what program is this one you say mirrors your phone on the computer? this sounds interesting
    09-05-17 05:07 PM
    Blend would do it as well, just that I don't have those emails on my phone, I only have the essential ones, I am trying ot streamline lal my emails to one place on my PC, in a similar manner that blend does it, but for stuff I don't have on my phone.... sorry I know confusing.

HOWEVER, what program is this one you say mirrors your phone on the computer? this sounds interesting
    I believe one is called Airdroid which has some good reviews in the play store. There is another one that is newer called Vysor as well.
    09-05-17 05:51 PM
    Can I ask the obvious: what's wrong with good old Outlook? It's been around forever for a reason - it's really difficult to beat. I don't know what (if any) limit to the number of accounts you can have and you are able to set up your inbox in a similar way to the hub in that you can cycle through all of your different accounts quite seamlessly.

Have you tried Outlook? If so, what's it missing for you?
    09-05-17 06:28 PM
    I do use outlook, for calendar and stuff.

I guess what is holding me back from outlook is that historically (not sure if that has changed).... viewing emails on outlook meant they downloaded onto your machine.

I've always liked keeping everything on a 'webmail' type of system.

Is there a way to set up outlook where things live on the server, still sync with webmail, and the data doesn't download to my machine?

For a lot of reasons, I just don't like the 100s of work emails I deal with to have to come down and reside on my machine, I just want to 'visit' them.
    09-05-17 08:26 PM
    If it's work email you're worried about, how is it set up? Is it an Exchange account, or a personal IMAP or POP account through an ISP? Or maybe an outlook.com account?

Knowing that may help with some options.
    09-05-17 08:50 PM
    It is a work email, it is just a company domain... so mydomain.com and then whatever I create info@mydomain, orders@mydomain etc etc.... they are created through the hosting company, and you can access them through webmail via mydomain.com/webmail

so im not sure if that is POP or IMAP.... you might know that better than me.

outlook.com would be ideal, but outlook doesn't let you set up your domain through them, you have to use their @outlook.com addresses, at least to the extent I have looked into it.

I just want to be able to view and respond to emails from my computer without bringing them down from cyberspace, or through a unified website. That is the beauty of Blend... its like going off a mirror image.
    09-05-17 09:43 PM
    I don't want emails to come down to my computer.... I know emails don't reside on my phone..... you just kind of 'tap into the webmail cloud'.... I want to do that from my pc... from one place, several emails.

less confusing?
    The emails or headers at least (dependent on settings) are downloaded to your phone.. it's not a viewing pane. If you mean that you don't want the application to download the email, subsequently deleting the copy on the server, then any mail client should do that for you if you change the appropriate settings.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-17 05:10 AM
    It is a work email, it is just a company domain... so mydomain.com and then whatever I create info@mydomain, orders@mydomain etc etc.... they are created through the hosting company, and you can access them through webmail via mydomain.com/webmail

so im not sure if that is POP or IMAP.... you might know that better than me.

outlook.com would be ideal, but outlook doesn't let you set up your domain through them, you have to use their @outlook.com addresses, at least to the extent I have looked into it.

I just want to be able to view and respond to emails from my computer without bringing them down from cyberspace, or through a unified website. That is the beauty of Blend... its like going off a mirror image.
    Okay I'm confused. You said you don't want a blend alternative because you don't have the emails on your phone. Do you mean the physical downloaded emails or just the email accounts? If you want it to work just like blend did for you, you need the email accounts in your hub or on your phone somewhere if you don't use hub and then use pushbullet. Works just like blend but not as good in my opinion.
    09-06-17 04:31 PM
27 12