In a few weeks I will lose my work email address, which has worked wonderfully on BB10. So I've been looking at
    Yahoo
    Gmail
    Outlook (Hotmail)
    One.com
    Mail.com
    Me.com
    Any or some or none of these might be better than others but I most definitely require that it work on my Z10, even if the app is not-the-latest (as us more and more the case).
    And I think I mean apk, not merely Web access.
    Any recommendations?
    Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    07-23-19 11:06 AM
    I've got my outlook.com email in the stock Hub on my Z10.

Works perfect as is. No app needed. Contacts, calendar, notes and all. All syncs as an Exchange account.
    07-23-19 11:10 AM
    In a few weeks I will lose my work email address, which has worked wonderfully on BB10. So I've been looking at
    Yahoo
    Gmail
    Outlook (Hotmail)
    One.com
    Mail.com
    Me.com
    Any or some or none of these might be better than others but I most definitely require that it work on my Z10, even if the app is not-the-latest (as us more and more the case).
    Any recommendations?
    Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    Gmail works great in the HUB.
    07-23-19 11:17 AM
    Yahoo
    Gmail
    Outlook (Hotmail)
    One.com
    Mail.com
    Me.com
    Any recommendations?
    Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    Hey fergus,

I"d suggest Outlook.com as Joel indicates. All items sync perfectly that are e-mail related, as do contacts and calendars. Native functionality is fine; you don't need a third-party app (nor would I suggest using one for this).

Gmail also is solid, albeit with a few custom configurations required to keep contacts syncing.
    07-23-19 02:07 PM
    Hey fergus,

I"d suggest Outlook.com as Joel indicates. All items sync perfectly that are e-mail related, as do contacts and calendars. Native functionality is fine; you don't need a third-party app (nor would I suggest using one for this).

Gmail also is solid, albeit with a few custom configurations required to keep contacts syncing.
    Besides Outlook, another solution is to use personal owned domain through GoDaddy or similar providers. The primary service is domain purchase so email client is rather simple which does mean fewer upgrades. That means basic and required protocols instead of some upgrades that BB10 conflict.
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    07-23-19 02:15 PM
    Yahoo Mail email works but the calendar and contact sync don't work. And for a million other reasons I can't recommend them.

May I also suggest never mixing your personal and work emails once you get set up

Posted via CB10
    anon(10512033) likes this.
    07-23-19 02:33 PM
    Thanks, all.
    I went for Outlook.
    I already have a MS account so I signed in on the web and went to Inbox, which I've never tried before. Hey presto, I seem to already have an Outlook account with alias which is my full name as provided to MS but an actual address of the form outlook_[16 alphanumeric characters not chosen by me]@outlook.com. I can live with that though it was a surprise. I even sent an item from that address, and sent an item to that address. All good.
    Now to BB10. I went to add an email account to the hub, chose Outlook.com from the options BUT it requested a Domain, exactly as when setting up in Active Sync. I had expected that as when adding a Gmail id in BB10, all the hard bits would be pre-popukstrd or hidden.
    Can anybody tell me what to write for Domain.
    Apols for my stupidity.
    Fergus

Posted via CB10
    07-26-19 08:10 AM
    With outlook.com, your email address is the domain name as well.

The server name that works on my Z10 is "eas.outlook.com. But, if that doesn't work, you could try "outlook.office365.com", which how it is on my other 2 android devices running the Hub+ Inbox app.
    07-26-19 08:45 AM
    Thanks, all.
    I went for Outlook.
    I already have a MS account so I signed in on the web and went to Inbox, which I've never tried before. Hey presto, I seem to already have an Outlook account with alias which is my full name as provided to MS but an actual address of the form outlook_[16 alphanumeric characters not chosen by me]@outlook.com. I can live with that though it was a surprise. I even sent an item from that address, and sent an item to that address. All good.
    Now to BB10. I went to add an email account to the hub, chose Outlook.com from the options BUT it requested a Domain, exactly as when setting up in Active Sync. I had expected that as when adding a Gmail id in BB10, all the hard bits would be pre-popukstrd or hidden.
    Can anybody tell me what to write for Domain.
    Apols for my stupidity.
    Fergus

Posted via CB10
    Hey fergus,

You're not stupid....it's just that sometimes autodiscover protocols (what automatically puts in the hard bits) are not as complete as we would like.

Did joel's instructions work for you or are you still having trouble?
    08-01-19 04:44 AM
    I have my own domain through GoDaddy and zoho.com as host.
    08-02-19 10:49 AM
    I use my icloud.com account. (Already has established this account with lots of websites and contacts). Syncs everything once I generated an app-specific password.
    08-10-19 08:43 PM