BB10 devices are supposed to be email power houses, but they are missing a couple of important things.
    1) the ability to tag an email as do not delete / save. I get the odd email that I need to save for future reference and although I don't mind the hub deleting old emails and tidying up the inbox I need an easy way to save the odd VERY important email so it is always there when I need it.
    2) the ability to go back into the hub while writing an email, to check information from another email or to copy and paste important details from different sources, which I need to send together.

Blackberry please take note.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 12:55 PM
    Actually both those features are now available.. on the latest OS's when deleting an email you can be prompted to delete from hub only, from server only or both. Selecting the hub only option will leave the email permanently on the server unless your email provider purges messages after a certain time. As for marking the message so it would never be deleted from the server that would require an api from the email provider to accept that command. I don't know of such a feature on any email client or service. If you are worried about you potentially deleting the email manually from your deskop, i suppose you could create a folder called 'do not delete' or something similar and 'file' the messages to that folder from your blackberry prior to deleting them from the hub..

as for being able to return to the hub while writting a message.. just do it, swipe out of the message, it will prompt you to save, and a draft will be created. you can then copy and paste from other messages at your hearts desire and return to the message you were typing at any time.
    07-28-14 01:11 PM
    Regarding compose 'pausing'..

Actually that lacks the flow. Ios8 implementation is simple and natural.

I've opened a topic about this http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...essage-942709/

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 01:17 PM
    Fair enough, it can always be improved. But not fair to say it can't be done as per the OP.

Let's agree that you certainly can leave a message and come back to it, but there might be a better way to do it.

Maybe just loose the prompt? If we leave a message mid compose and swipe away auto save as draft.. if you no longer need it then delete it? I would like that better personally.. but I can see an equal amount of people saying they swipe out because they wanted to cancel and now don't want the extra step of deleting the draft.. hard to please everyone!

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 02:42 PM
    I know you can get back to the hub while writing an email but it is just not easy and it most definitely doesn't flow. This needs improving big time.
    As for the emails I want to be able to just flag an email I have on my phone as do not delete. The hub deletes email over a certain age but there is an odd one I need to keep for a longer period. I work aboard for over 9 months of the year and my BlackBerry Z30 is my main communication device. I just want a nice easy and simple way to keep an important email in the hub, for as long as I need it, not as long as my phone thinks I need it.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 11:59 AM