Does anyone know if and when BlackBerry will add email filtering, like we had with BIS and OS7???!!! This was one of the most useful features for us Crackberries. I cannot believe this feature never migrated over to OS10. It seems like with every OS10 improvement BB is starting to bring back these power user features. I am just shocked this one isn't in yet?! Please don't suggest a 3rd party app - the ability to do this needs to be built into the Hub!
    05-17-14 12:18 PM
    Filters are provided server side by email providers, why would you want or even need to filter emails on a device level?

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 01:30 PM
    Possibly a portal or a way of entering them on the device and having them added to the filter list for the email account. That would be useful.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 01:56 PM
    Filters are provided server side by email providers, why would you want or even need to filter emails on a device level?

Posted via CB10
    Same reason these people do:

Q10 - how to filter emails? - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Many of the Crackberries manage their Berry in such a way where the device is finely tuned to only receive specific emails. The emails that hit the berry tend to be just work and personal focused - all other crap is filtered out.
    05-17-14 05:16 PM
    Same reason these people do:

Q10 - how to filter emails? - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Many of the Crackberries manage their Berry in such a way where the device is finely tuned to only receive specific emails. The emails that hit the berry tend to be just work and personal focused - all other crap is filtered out.
    I already do this using server side filters; so again I ask, what is the point of filtering email at the device level when you can do it at the server level? server side filter are set and forget, never have to worry about new device, secondary device or loaner device and setting up again, and server side filters never fail.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 06:06 PM
    You know what? Disregard my last post. I don't need an answer. I just remembered that certain users will never change and they don't want to find new ways of getting the same thing accomplished; they only want it the same exact way they've always done it even if it's less efficient or worse overall.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 06:10 PM
    You know what? Disregard my last post. I don't need an answer. I just remembered that certain users will never change and they don't want to find new ways of getting the same thing accomplished; they only want it the same exact way they've always done it even if it's less efficient or worse overall.

Posted via CB10
    Wow - let's jump to assumptions....

I am not like that. I am open to different solutions. We all are, but it just isn't supported yet. The issue is I (and others) still want those emails that we filter on our device to remain on the server so that we can pick them up/address them later on our laptop/desktop email. We just want very, very specific emails to end up on the device. Remember this attached screenshot from OS7? This is what we are looking for.

Email Filter-screen.png
    05-17-14 06:32 PM
    So. The same filters can be simulated serverside. Create a folder for those emails and set the device to sync just that folder and all others can be addressed from your desktop client at your convenience.

Or reverse it and filter out the emails offering to enlarge your epeen so they don't get delivered to your device.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 07:19 PM
    So. The same filters can be simulated serverside. Create a folder for those emails and set the device to sync just that folder and all others can be addressed from your desktop client at your convenience.

Or reverse it and filter out the emails offering to enlarge your epeen so they don't get delivered to your device.

Posted via CB10
    You'd think it was rocket science or something due to how these people complain about something they just need to learn to do differently or in a more modern way. I even said server side filters and what response do I get, pointing out the lack of filters on the device itself, sheesh...

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 10:26 PM
    Ah! I see where you are going with this. Yes, it seems like this will accomplish what I was looking for. Thanks, eager to try now...
    05-18-14 12:16 AM
    I am connected to my GMail account, and I see the "Edit Folder Settings" option to select which folders to sync, but it looks like you cannot deselect "Inbox", "Drafts", "Sent"? This doesn't work for me, because my central GMail account is where emails from my other accounts come in. While on my desktop, I want to see all these, but on my device, I don't want to see everything in my central account.

Here is what I mean. When connecting to GMail from a browser:

Central Gmail Account receives email from accounts -> A, B, C

What I want on my BB - I only want to see emails from A:

Central Gmail Account on BB -> A

Amy I making sense? Is there a more "modern" way to accomplish this? Thanks.
    05-18-14 02:03 AM
    I already do this using server side filters; so again I ask, what is the point of filtering email at the device level when you can do it at the server level? server side filter are set and forget, never have to worry about new device, secondary device or loaner device and setting up again, and server side filters never fail.

Posted via CB10
    Because new emails come up all the time that you want to filter, you can't just set and forget, it's an ongoing process

#believeinfilm
    05-18-14 05:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    You have to do that from the desktop though, you can't do it from your phone, that's the point, you can't do it on the go.

#believeinfilm
    05-18-14 05:04 AM
    Set up Gmail filter for inbound emails from specific email addresses to bypass the inbox and you'll never see them on your BlackBerry, but can still access them through Gmail from "All Mail" or alternatively you can set the filter to auto-label those emails under specific labels and can access them that way as well. For instance I have all mails coming from retail chains filter into labels named for their respective chain and they completely bypass the inbox; I never see them on my BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 05:07 AM
    Because new emails come up all the time that you want to filter, you can't just set and forget, it's an ongoing process

#believeinfilm
    It's set and forget, set the filter for specific email addresses to bypass the inbox; 10 years from now they still won't be shown on your BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 05:09 AM
    It's set and forget, set the filter for specific email addresses to bypass the inbox; 10 years from now they still won't be shown on your BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but what about NEW spam emails? You have to wait until you get in front of the desktop. With BIS Filters you could do it there and then on the spot.

#believeinfilm
    05-18-14 05:11 AM
    Yes, but what about NEW spam emails? You have to wait until you get in front of the desktop. With BIS Filters you could do it there and then on the spot.

#believeinfilm
    Are you even joking? Gmail spam filter catches like 95% of all spam mail and the other 5% you can just delete in less than 2 seconds. You will absolutely know from just the senders address if it's spam or not.

I can't believe I'm having to explain simple server side email filtering and email organization on an tech related enthusiast forum...

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 05:16 AM
    Are you even joking? Gmail spam filter catches like 95% of all spam mail and the other 5% you can just delete in less than 2 seconds. You will absolutely know from just the senders address if it's spam or not.

I can't believe I'm having to explain simple server side email filtering and email organization on an tech related enthusiast forum...

Posted via CB10
    Who said anything about Gmail? When we say email you immediately think Gmail now?

I have hosted imap idle accounts with www.1and1.co.uk

#believeinfilm
    05-18-14 05:21 AM
    Who said anything about Gmail? When we say email you immediately think Gmail now?

I have hosted imap idle accounts with www.1and1.co.uk

#believeinfilm
    So you're telling me they don't have a spam filter? Then perhaps you should forward all your inbound email to a Gmail account and use the alias feature.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 05:26 AM
    So you're telling me they don't have a spam filter? Then perhaps you should forward all your inbound email to a Gmail account and use the alias feature.

Posted via CB10
    BIS email filters were far more powerful then just a spam filter. If I could have server side filters on my device it would be a different story, but we don't.

The other missing thing from BIS days are delivered and read email receipts. I could see when somebody read my email.

#believeinfilm
    05-18-14 05:53 AM
    No way a device filter can touch what Sieve can do.
    05-18-14 06:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's disappointing that within the loyal and shrinking Crackberry community, there are comments like these. It's the die hards who are still with BlackBerry, and comments like these just don't help in fostering the community.

That said, as the OP, back to the main issue - (and I truly do hope there is a solution and I am very willing to try), but the problem is what I, and other users (including "belfastdispatcher") want are two different "views" of our inbox. A view being defined as the emails contained in our inbox.
    One view of the inbox is what we see when we are on our desktop client - whether that be Outlook, Thunderbird, GMail, etc., and the other view being what we see on our Blackberry. All the solutions proposed so far don't accomplish this, since on the Blackberry (assuming you are connected to GMail like I am), I cannot fine tune control the exact folders to sync. In the attached screenshot - Inbox, Drafts, and Sent are pre-selected. They cannot be toggled on and off. If this were possible, then yes, what you, "ZeroBarrier", suggested would work for me. Am I missing something? Any other ideas? Thanks.

Email Filter-img_20140518_125323.png
    05-18-14 02:58 PM
    Read my posts again. Stop trying to do things the same exact way as you've always done them. Created server side filters/rules to filter any inbound emails from specific email addresses to bypass the inbox and sort/organize them into specific labels/folders, then you will only see the emails you want to see on your BB10 device but still see them on your desktop. This goes for every single email provider that supports the use of filters/rules, which if I'm not mistaken is every single one widely used today.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 08:02 PM
    The point is, I don't want the emails to bypass my inbox on my desktop. This is where the disconnect lies.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 09:10 PM
    And the point is you refuse to do things differently. You have very clear cut choices here. You either do this differently than you used to, you stop complaining and just deal with not doing it at all, or go back to using a BBOS device and get exactly what you want.

Whatever you decide to do, it's completely up to you; just don't say it can't be done on BB10 because myself and others are doing it just fine, it is you who's refusing to do it differently than you're used to.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 09:41 PM
28 12