**Fixed. See other messages, it was a DNS issue.**

As soon as I switch wifi off, emails are getting transmitted. (4G is still on)
    I have bunch of accounts, primary work on Exchange Activesync and some personal hotmail, some live.com.
    I thought it was an active sync issue but I tried both accounts. It just hangs in that transmitting icon.
    I also tried turning off mobile data and try again in wifi only, still doesn't work.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by heading4tomorrow; 03-31-13 at 11:57 AM.
    03-30-13 11:32 AM
    mine works good on wifi
    03-30-13 11:58 AM
    Wi-fi is all I use for email. I have both network and data turned off because my carrier tries to block free access to Wi-Fi. Keeps wanting me to get a five dollar pass from them to access free email. You may have to turn network off also to access email via Wi-fi as your carried may have it blocked. Also Wi fi may be slower or there may be server problems.
    03-30-13 12:06 PM
    It is my understanding Gmail and the like have no issue sending over wifi or data lines but for some reason private enterprise servers seem to still require data only to transmit or the outgoing email will hang until your phone switches back to data from wifi. This is a carrier related issue as we no longer have BIS on Z10. Carriers are requiring data usage for some reason on these kinds of accounts. It is my understanding Blackberry is working on a workaround.
    03-30-13 12:15 PM
    I have bunch of accounts, primary work on Exchange Activesync and some personal hotmail, some live.com.
    I thought it was an active sync issue but I tried both accounts. It just hangs in that transmitting icon.
    I also tried turning off mobile data and try again in wifi only, still doesn't work.

Posted via CB10
    Is it any wifi that you connect to or just a particular one?

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 L.E.
    03-30-13 03:36 PM
    I tried Gmail, it works.
    The thing is not just my work email which is active sync but also hotmail is not working either. This is going to be pretty bad for me, I rely on wifi at home since data coverage is pretty bad.
    I don't understand why this would be blocked or limited. It's not like we are in BES anymore.
    Initially I had BES in my account but that was removed. I wonder if that screwed up something. I did get an sms from tmobile that account was updated but it is working me.
    Does anyone else here have hotmail working on wifi?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 03:40 PM
    Is it any wifi that you connect to or just a particular one?

So far two wifi, one at work one at home, I will try Starbucks but that can't really be a good test. Gotta try friends house.

Posted via CB10
    macallik likes this.
    03-30-13 03:42 PM
    So far two wifi, one at work one at home, I will try Starbucks but that can't really be a good test. Gotta try friends house.

Posted via CB10
    I have outlook.com email working. I will try my Hotmail.com address.

heading4tomorrow likes this.
    03-30-13 04:18 PM
    I have outlook.com email working. I will try my Hotmail.com address.

When you are setting it up, do you use just email ,( first option) or pick hotmail under advanced which has additional options and syncs folders etc..

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 04:26 PM
    My enterprise (EAS) account/ gmail / hotmail / BBM and browser all work with the mobile network turned off, as they all should. I don't know where some are hearing that enterprise e-mail requires the mobile network; that's simply not true at all. I just tested it again now and it works perfectly on WiFi being the only radio turned on on my Z10. I am not aware that there are any carriers in N/A blocking or charging for WiFi access on the Z10, in fact, that's the 1st thing the Z10 looks for on initial setup.
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    03-30-13 04:53 PM
    My enterprise (EAS) account/ gmail / hotmail / BBM and browser all work with the mobile network turned off, as they all should. I don't know where some are hearing that enterprise e-mail requires the mobile network; that's simply not true at all. I just tested it again now and it works perfectly on WiFi being the only radio turned on on my Z10. I am not aware that there are any carriers in N/A blocking or charging for WiFi access on the Z10, in fact, that's the 1st thing the Z10 looks for on initial setup.
    Thanks for the feedback and confirmation.

I doubt that carrier would go out of its way to block a core function like this especially when the service is unlimited 4G.

Would you mind telling us how is your wifi setup?

Is it WPA, WEP, etc.. maybe it has something to do with security?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 05:19 PM
    I don't have any issues getting emails or sending on my wifi.

Post via CB10
    03-30-13 07:23 PM
    I have some issues with wifi and email. However it still works.. I believe my problem us something specific to my home WIFI as after it is connected for a while email starts to get delayed

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 07:40 PM
    I had this problem. Still do really. Search IMAP idle in the forums and there's a few threads.

It has to do with the router that you're connecting too. It times out your EAS or IMAP or whatever connection. Then, again depending on your settings, it's reestablished later and that's when you get your emails. It will seem like your phone is polling every X mins.

Is this familiar?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 08:12 PM
    I have some issues with wifi and email. However it still works.. I believe my problem us something specific to my home WIFI as after it is connected for a while email starts to get delayed

Posted via CB10
    Yep, my exact issue. It feels like it polls every 15 or so mins. It's the router settings. I have a Rogers router that came with my internet package, but other people had this with different routers. You'll have to change the timeouts manually in the router settings, or get a new router. I hear d links work well (and you can access their settings)

Or you can dd wrt (sp?) your router too

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 08:15 PM
    I had this problem. Still do really. Search IMAP idle in the forums and there's a few threads.

It has to do with the router that you're connecting too. It times out your EAS or IMAP or whatever connection. Then, again depending on your settings, it's reestablished later and that's when you get your emails. It will seem like your phone is polling every X mins.

Is this familiar?

Posted via CB10

No, it doesn't poll at all, it is not IMAP either, all accounts are push, I think only gmail is IMAP and that is working fine.
    I also do a manual refresh in e-mail screen, still doesn't work. I wonder if it is DNS, or something else.

But what I noticed is when I set up gmail it does not look for supported services, it seems to be just very plain..
    When I am setting Hotmail, it shows this screen:

then

So it is not just sending/receiving, it also does not let me setup a new account over wifi either (hotmail) but it allowed gmail to be setup..
    03-30-13 08:42 PM
    I looked up the ISP's DNS information and removed the old ones and let it just use provider's own, and now it works fine!
    It was outdated DNS all along. I am sure it is the same reason in the office.
    It is possible that Blackberry e-mail system has a way of verifying if DNS address is secure or if it is authorized by ISP, or something else, because now that I switched the LAN to DHCP on router, I am finally getting my e-mails! I never thought it would be something so insignificant..

Thank you all so much for chiming in with confirmation that there is no known wifi issues.
    John Pawling likes this.
    03-30-13 10:48 PM
    Glad to hear it's removed! So you tweaked your wifi settings, not your email settings correct?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 09:29 AM
    Glad to hear it's removed! So you tweaked your wifi settings, not your email settings correct?

Posted via CB10
    That's right. I removed older DNS and let it get one directly from ISP.

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    03-31-13 11:51 AM
    Posted via CB10
    firewall? Try restarting the phone to see if the problem goes away.

Edit: Sorry for the late post. I see it might be resolved..

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 11:53 AM
    firewall? Try restarting the phone to see if the problem goes away.

Posted via CB10
    Hi, issue has been solved please read above.
    I will revise the original post.

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    03-31-13 11:55 AM
    I looked up the ISP's DNS information and removed the old ones and let it just use provider's own, and now it works fine!
    It was outdated DNS all along. I am sure it is the same reason in the office.
    It is possible that Blackberry e-mail system has a way of verifying if DNS address is secure or if it is authorized by ISP, or something else, because now that I switched the LAN to DHCP on router, I am finally getting my e-mails! I never thought it would be something so insignificant..

Thank you all so much for chiming in with confirmation that there is no known wifi issues.
    Can you give me a blow by blow, detailed, explanation of how to make this fix. I have the same problem on two wifi systems ......exchange doesn't work on wifi.
    08-09-13 02:05 PM
    Right click your network connection go to properties click tcpip 4 then properties and tell it to automatically obtain ip address and dns information click apply.
    08-09-13 02:43 PM
    Right click your network connection go to properties click tcpip 4 then properties and tell it to automatically obtain ip address and dns information click apply.
    do you do this on the phone? I dont have access to the network at my job and nobody else has a blackberry so I doubt they care to change anything for just me.
    09-17-13 02:12 PM
    Still not working today...
    09-18-13 09:57 AM
28 12