Hi,

My company email server has a certificate problem, and my phone constantly pops up a message "Provider identity not verifiable - this email provider may not be trustworthy. Personal information may not be protected." I have the options "Continue", "Cancel", or "Details".

If I press "cancel", the message pops up almost immediately. I don't want to press "continue" to accept this certificate. My phone is effectively unusable while this mail server problem goes on.

Do I have any options to temporarily disable the account while I get the mail server to fix the issue? I may just need to delete the account from my phone and re-add it later? (This will suck). If I go to the account and turn off sync on all the services, it tells me that I need to sync at least one service, and won't let me save...If I turn off most of the services, it tries to connect to the server to verify the settings, and fails on the bad certificate.
    07-31-13 04:34 PM
    Ugh, I rebooted the phone, and it was asking me to confirm the certificate even while the phone is locked. Local security vulnerability there...oh, and it's a pain to login to the phone while it constantly asks me to accept the certificate.

It's a bit far fetched, but if someone had access to my locked phone, and control of a wifi I'm connected to, they could redirect mail connections to their own server with a fake ssl certificate, accept the certificate even though my phone's locked, then see my username/password when my phone tries to login.
    07-31-13 04:43 PM
    And what did your company say regarding the certificate when you contacted them?
    07-31-13 05:20 PM
    Not sure, but the cert started working a while later.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 02:55 AM