I'm having a weird problem where I can't post to email mailing lists. I receive all the posts from other members, but my posts fall on deaf ears and are not posted. The list server just ignores my post.
    Otherwise no problems with email.

Has anyone else noticed this? It's very strange.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 12:41 AM
    I'm having a weird problem where I can't post to email mailing lists. I receive all the posts from other members, but my posts fall on deaf ears and are not posted. The list server just ignores my post.
    Otherwise no problems with email.

Has anyone else noticed this? It's very strange.
    Which firmware version, email provider and what sort of email protocol (POP3, IMAP, Exchange ActiveSync) are you using?

There is a known issue with outgoing SMTP - often used in conjunction with POP3 accounts - in later versions of the Z10 firmware. See the following, which contains an additional link to the main discussion thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rsions-779341/
    03-11-13 02:11 AM
    Thanks for the response.
    I have my own domain hosted at 1&1.
    I looks like I'm using SMTP for outgoing connections and IMAP for incoming push.
    I can send and receive email from anyone, as long as its not the Mailman List Server.
    The server completely ignores the message.

My Firmware Version is: 10.0.10.648
    03-11-13 07:58 AM
    Yep, you are probably suffering from the bug.

What is happening is the Z10 is mangling the email headers, making them look non-standards-compliant, and many email servers will reject messages like that because they show signs of being bogus. (ie spam/scam/etc)

Clearly in your case the Mailman list server is pickier about the message format than your regular SMTP relay server.

I recommend reading the thread linked in the post I sent you to for the latest updates on the issue.
    03-11-13 03:17 PM
    BTW - if you're in Wisconson on AT&T, you bought the Z10 out of the country, right?

AT&T is just starting to push a new software bundle (v10.0.10.88 - OS version 10.0.10.684) that you might be able to update to, but my guess is that it's too early for a fix for this issue, as Blackberry still seems to have this issue referred to their engineering dept.

According to one report, one of the Canadian carriers is testing a pre-release patch right now.
    03-11-13 03:21 PM
    No updates from AT&T yet. The only update I got was by doing a factory restore using BlackBerry Link. I have a Rogers sim on the way also.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 02:50 PM