Anyone had a chance to try email on BlackBerry 10?

For all the warts on the old Blackberry OS, damn it handled email well! The link blinks, you click the mail button and instantaneously you see your email. Other things like twitter and facebook fed in nicely, as did multiple email accounts. Setup of email was easy too.

On the PlayBook, it's ok, but I wouldn't say "great". There are a few things that drive me nuts:

1. It routinely has connection issues with some of my email providers. Not sure if that's the PlayBook's fault or the provider's fault but one of the accounts often fails to login into the provider and transport email.

2. When I delete emails from the PlayBook, they don't disappear from my email provider in some cases

3. The biggie: there's a speed problem. On the PlayBook, a light blinks. When I click the email program, it doesn't launch instantaneously like on the BlackBerry. Rather, it waits to load up my existing emails, then it syncs. There's a delay between the blink and the email that I never saw on a BlackBerry phone. Drives me nuts!

4. The email program can get a bit sluggish. My suspicion is that this is again an AIR issue and hoping that Cascades is much snappier.

Thoughts?
    TrioGM likes this.
    01-05-13 11:42 AM
    3. The biggie: there's a speed problem. On the PlayBook, a light blinks. When I click the email program, it doesn't launch instantaneously like on the BlackBerry. Rather, it waits to load up my existing emails, then it syncs. There's a delay between the blink and the email that I never saw on a BlackBerry phone. Drives me nuts!
    I presume you are bridged, right ? Then, You probably get the bridge notification first
    For the rest, I've not been testing by myself, but the hub is really "next gen" so that all you noticed should be covered and efficient.
    01-05-13 11:51 AM
    I presume you are bridged, right ? Then, You probably get the bridge notification first
    For the rest, I've not been testing by myself, but the hub is really "next gen" so that all you noticed should be covered and efficient.
    I'm not bridged as I don't have a BlackBerry phone right now. I see the light, but it takes a bit for the email to appear.
    TrioGM likes this.
    01-05-13 11:56 AM
    I sincerely hope that it is far superior to native email in the Playbook. Syncing was hit and miss. Folders never worked properly. Very slow.
    01-05-13 12:32 PM
    on BB10 there is no more email app..the hub is always open and always on. so there will be no loading, syncing issues as you have stated.
    01-05-13 01:27 PM
    Its not using bis.
    01-05-13 06:25 PM
    January 30th.
    01-05-13 06:36 PM
    Do you guys think the Hub would be always running on PB in BB10 though?

E-mail & notifications on my PB are really the least of my worries. On my BB - that is a completely different story. Though to have the Hub always there chewing up memory may not be the desire for every PB user I think...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-05-13 06:54 PM
    Do you guys think the Hub would be always running on PB in BB10 though?

E-mail & notifications on my PB are really the least of my worries. On my BB - that is a completely different story. Though to have the Hub always there chewing up memory may not be the desire for every PB user I think...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    If my assumptions are correct, it's no different than the current BB unified inbox. It's simply more accessible now due to the peek feature. So yes, I'm sure it's always running as currently, all BB phones get emails, FB notifications, BBM etc... in that inbox. I can't see BB10 for PB being any different in that aspect.
    01-05-13 08:37 PM
    I'm not bridged as I don't have a BlackBerry phone right now. I see the light, but it takes a bit for the email to appear.
    Well, then you're not under BIS ... what type of mail account ? POP or IMAP ?
    Also, is it Gmail account ? if yes, then might have a look here : http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...-me-uk-760992/
    01-05-13 08:41 PM
    Well, then you're not under BIS ... what type of mail account ? POP or IMAP ?
    Also, is it Gmail account ? if yes, then might have a look here : http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...-me-uk-760992/
    All three. :-) Regardless, though, there's a delay between:

- The light blinking
    - The email program loading
    - The new email appearing

On the 9900 I had before, if the light blinked, the email was there. No waiting for the mail program to load or to fetch the email. On the PlayBook, it feels like a 'partial' BlackBerry email experience
    01-10-13 09:35 AM
    All three. :-) Regardless, though, there's a delay between:

- The light blinking
    - The email program loading
    - The new email appearing

On the 9900 I had before, if the light blinked, the email was there. No waiting for the mail program to load or to fetch the email. On the PlayBook, it feels like a 'partial' BlackBerry email experience
    On the PlayBook Email is an application like any other. If you leave it running all the time then it is the same as the unified inbox on BlackBerry OS devices. The Hub will be very much the experience you are looking for.
    01-10-13 09:47 AM