Ive been forced to use a touch phone given to me by work. (iphone). I have a 9900 myself and playbook and it struck me how iphone like the playbook email is. I keep hearing of the 'universal inbox' and wondered if anyone knows what BB10 mail will be like?

One of the things I LOVE about my 9900 is that I can have separate views of different email inboxes from the homescreen, a seperate icon for each mailbox, or use the all in one messages view (which I dont like) if I wanted.

The PB makes it far more iphone like and I hope BB10 doesnt continue this trend.

we need to keep the good things from BB and lumping all my messages into one place for me isn't efficient.
    08-04-12 04:27 PM
    There have been various videos posted demonstrating what the BB10 mail, including the universal inbox, will look and act like. It's pretty hard to avoid the demos of that sort of thing, if you're remotely interested in BB10...
    08-04-12 06:03 PM
    What I've noticed is that emails get to my 9900 way faster than my playbook. . .they load faster and don't take for ever to reload the inbox. . .This microsoft active sync stuff sux. . .
    08-04-12 09:45 PM
    True.
    Its like the social feeds thing. Great in principle but forces you to do a lot of scrolling and inundates you with stuff you do not want to see at that particular time.
    A unified inbox is that problematic. You normally know which email address you want to check and would rather zero in on it than dive into all you mail and immidiately start scrolling.
    08-05-12 11:24 AM
    At least in social feeds you can make and edit list. . .(I used to hate social feeds but once I figured out how to filter out the stuff I don't care about I've loved it ever since)
    08-05-12 04:38 PM
    thats my point.

people get beogged down in trying to create ways of 'making things easier' in this case by bringing everything together, but in terms of being efficient when youre in a hurry you cant beat the current way they let you manage messages.

my lad had the iphone and me the bb9900 and I challenged him to do simple tasks and count how many 'touches' were needed to perform the task. In all cases I needed less or (a couple of times) the same number of touches to do the same.

All Ive seen infers a big focus on universal inbox and nothing about making shortcuts (with new message indicator) for each inbox.
    08-09-12 03:02 AM
    You do realize that on the PlayBook you can view one account at a time, right? In the messages app, click on the envelope icon near the top left...select which account you want to view. Voila
    08-16-12 04:30 PM
    Exactly what he ^ said.
    08-16-12 04:37 PM
    I have saved search/keyboard shortcuts to narrow down mailboxes. I open the universal inbox and hit Alt-K for work email, Alt-L for personal email, Alt-F for flagged email, Alt-B for facebook messages, Alt-S for SMS, etc. These shortcuts work on touchscreens as well, you hit the alt, and then the symbol corresponding with the letter location.

I do like the playbook system as well, it's simple. It is just unreliable and slow
    08-16-12 04:38 PM
    My god youre all sounding like ipad users!

'You can view individual mailboxes you know... Just press this then that then select this....'

Blackerry need to remember whilst making everything available in one place suits those without a high volume of interactions. If youre a busy person, you see that flashing light, glance at the homescreen to see whichof yourmultiple inboxes has a new message and if its one you need to be responding to at that time of day you single touch to see the inbox.

Im not saying dont have unified inbox, im saying dont destroy the option for people to single tap into any of the various inboxes.
    08-19-12 06:13 AM
    The social integration stuff is nice, but if you're not part of Facebook, or LinkedIn, you should still feel like you're not an outcast when using your BlackBerry.

I would like to see BB10 include a way to add your own "notes" about contacts you've met before. I.E. I meet someone at a conference, I want to tag or remember where I've met them. Or... let's say I use my calendar to schedule a meeting with my contact, I want relevant information on when the last time I had a meeting with that person. I would be able to set my own reminders for following up with contacts. This would be very useful in my business.
    08-19-12 02:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD