I�m not sure how to correctly say this but when sending an email some of the suggested email addresses are from emails that I have received, including spam instead of just the email addresses from my contacts. I remember on my 9930 there was an option not to use / save these incoming addresses. Is there a similar feature / option on BB10?

VZ Q10 - Leaked 10.2.1.537
    03-06-14 08:14 AM
    I’m not sure how to correctly say this but when sending an email some of the suggested email addresses are from emails that I have received, including spam instead of just the email addresses from my contacts. I remember on my 9930 there was an option not to use / save these incoming addresses. Is there a similar feature / option on BB10?

Unfortunately I don't think there is an easy way to filter/sort that list. I wish there was.
    03-06-14 09:30 AM
    It was one of the options (forget what it was called) on the 9930
    03-06-14 09:35 AM
    This has been brought up elsewhere in these forums. It's very annoying.

There's no way round it at the moment but Michael Clewley at Blackberry has confirmed that they are aware of the issue and are working on it.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 09:46 AM
    I figured I was not alone. What is the name of the feature so I can search too.
    03-06-14 04:47 PM
    I don't know how to paste a link on here, but if you search for "Hotmail contacts on BB10" you'll find one of them.

Also, I did a Google search on this issue and found a few mentions elsewhere.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 07:09 AM
    03-07-14 07:26 AM
    Is there any news on whether this issue has been addressed in 10.3?
    08-04-14 06:11 AM
    Is there any news on whether this issue has been addressed in 10.3?
    These are the kinds of things I'd like know if BlackBerry is working on with these major OS updates as well.

There's even a knowledge base article about this particular issue from BlackBerry on their Support site, so they know about.

Goofy icon redesigns and playing with various highlighting colors are all fine and dandy, but how about addressing some of the core function issues that we've been complaining about from the beginning with 10.0 that has been ignored through 10.1, 10.2, and 10.2.1... over a year and a half now.

Posted via CB10
    Davidro1 likes this.
    08-04-14 08:45 AM
    these are the kinds of things i'd like know if blackberry is working on with these major os updates as well.

There's even a knowledge base article about this particular issue from blackberry on their support site, so they know about.

Goofy icon redesigns and playing with various highlighting colors are all fine and dandy, but how about addressing some of the core function issues that we've been complaining about from the beginning with 10.0 that has been ignored through 10.1, 10.2, and 10.2.1... Over a year and a half now.

Posted via cb10
    could not agree more!!

Z30)++
    08-04-14 09:25 AM
    But does anyone know if this is addressed in 10.3?
    08-09-14 04:20 PM
    I don't know if they've changed it, but wanted to chime in that I agree x 1000. Absolutely awful to have dozens of addresses - of complete strangers, of colleagues, of ex-girlfriends - popping up and be a keystroke or two from mis-sending sensitive info. Potentially disastrous. REALLY hope they change it.
    08-09-14 11:45 PM
    You are not kidding. I keep hoping that this addressed very soon. It's a hassle to send an email without this annoyance. Nor to mention when it automatically adds people to the email you are sending and you have to keep clicking the black x to make them go away only to find you are adding more

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 02:38 AM
    You are not kidding. I keep hoping that this addressed very soon. It's a hassle to send an email without this annoyance. Nor to mention when it automatically adds people to the email you are sending and you have to keep clicking the black x to make them go away only to find you are adding more

Posted via CB10
    To be fair, these addresses are only shown below the actual "To:" line and are not automatically added. They stay there unless you click on them. And then there are the suggested addresses as you type a name in that pulls from every email you ever got - the bigger annoyance to me.

True, the suggested list shortens as you continue to type the name you want, but I shouldn't have to even see many of those email addresses that are being pulled from, among other places, my work Exchange account "Junk" folder.

I know the some people like it, but it should at least be adjustable. Or maybe a separate settings page just for this with bunch of on/off switches from the possible locations, like a global "Suggest from everywhere" (what it does now and turns everything on), "Suggest from Inbox", "Suggest from Contact list" and then have each account listed that provides contacts on your phone - but only the ones you're using... or something like that.

Posted via CB10
    SharonRD and beemaabeemababy like this.
    08-10-14 08:21 AM
    Another example of how far behind is BlackBerry with their OS10. This has been reported for more than a year and no fix yet. It's incredible.

Msft just introduced the same auto suggest email system a long time ago (more than 5 years) and has an option to delete the ones you don't want to be remembered any more.

Why Blackberry hasn't solved it? Go figure.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 09:44 AM
    http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB34279

This is ridiculous. I'm no techie, but surely this should be a fairly straightforward thing for the BlackBerry guys to be able to sort out?
    08-20-14 10:12 AM
    http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB34279

This is ridiculous. I'm no techie, but surely this should be a fairly straightforward thing for the BlackBerry guys to be able to sort out?
    Yeah, that's been there since last November. Obviously, it's not a high priority for them.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 10:19 AM
    Ok, maybe I'm nuts, but I installed the recent 10.3 leak on my Q10 today and...I'm not seeing random email addresses anymore. I'm only seeing addresses from my contacts list. I did a non-destructive install, so there was no security wipe involved.

Can anyone else confirm this? To me, it looks like it's fixed.
    08-22-14 11:09 PM
    Ok, maybe I'm nuts, but I installed the recent 10.3 leak on my Q10 today and...I'm not seeing random email addresses anymore. I'm only seeing addresses from my contacts list. I did a non-destructive install, so there was no security wipe involved.

If that's true, that's great news.

But don't count your chickens just yet. When I upgraded to 10.2 (again, no security wipe), the database was reset to just my contacts. As I began to send and receive more emails, though, the problem returned.

Would you be kind enough to provide an update in perhaps a week or so's time?

Cheers
    08-24-14 09:07 AM
    Another example of how far behind is BlackBerry with their OS10. This has been reported for more than a year and no fix yet. It's incredible.

Msft just introduced the same auto suggest email system a long time ago (more than 5 years) and has an option to delete the ones you don't want to be remembered any more.

Why Blackberry hasn't solved it? Go figure.

Posted via CB10
    How do you delete it on Windows? I had been trying to figure that out for a while

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 09:12 AM

Hi, a week on from this, can you confirm if this is now fixed or not, please?

Thanks.
    08-30-14 05:10 PM
    Hi, a week on from this, can you confirm if this is now fixed or not, please?

Thanks.
    Sorry, I downgraded after a few days due to various glitches in the leak. I never did see any suggested email addresses pop up other than my own contacts, and that includes addresses of people who had sent me messages that were sitting in my inbox.
    08-30-14 05:41 PM
    Call me crazy but this was a feature that I like a lot.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 01:23 AM
    If this is truly gone in 10.3 I will be very disappointed. But I rarely worry about what is and isn't seen in leaks.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 08:21 AM
    Yeah, only contacts are shown in email app. No longer random ones

Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.1052
    SharonRD likes this.
    08-31-14 08:42 AM
53 123