Bumping...I would absolutely love something like a poll about this on the blogs. I think it would benefit everyone whether it is currently working for you or not. BlackBerry needs this in their face. They are getting closer to Link being decently good.

Let's go the last few yards please.

-STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4780 TMO US
    10-14-13 06:54 PM
    It's flaky for me on Windows 8, and I am running 10.2. But, I will try tweaking some things (IP auto tuning, disabling the "allow windows to turn this device off to save power" - firewall rules, etc) to see if it makes it better. But I blame Windows more than Link at this point. Yes, I agree with the "it should just work" crowd, but having supported all flavors of Windows for over 18 years I can guarantee you that's a pipe dream. And not just with this software. The killer is the Windows sleep/pause/resume thing, IMO at this point. Thus the reason it works flawlessy on Mac, per reports, and "some" windows devices. Anyways, I agree we should share whatever we do find, especially once it's stable on wifi, and what it takes to keep it that way on the carrier too (so many variables there it's not even funny)

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 07:49 PM
    And my gut tells me once the power savings thing is overcome, the TCP/IP auto-tuning thing in Windows Vista and above may be key...

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 07:52 PM
    My solution has come down to uninstalling and re-installing Link whenever it acts up. Can't forgot a good old device reboot too!

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 11:38 PM
    Guys I had the Z10 and recently upgraded to the Z30. Of course remote file access is a major feature for me and I was having trouble accessing files remotely. I tried everything without much success and then I decided to switch connection speeds from 4G which typically only shows a few bars most of the time anyway depending on where I am in the city. I switched to HSPA+/UMTS/GSM and presto I had access. At any rate the remote file access seems to be heavily influence by the mobile connection speed and service. Since this discovery my laptop never shows up as being "offline". Toggle the different network connection speeds to see how your device reacts. I'm a telus customer so it could be highly dependant on your service provided.

Also try toggling off and on Airplane mode. I find this works as well.
    Last edited by Curly_lid; 11-03-13 at 10:44 PM.
    11-02-13 03:30 PM
    Mine finally works; it appears it was an issue with the firewall that comes loaded with the Rogers Online Protection service for customers with High Speed Internet. I updated to the new version today which no longer has a Rogers firewall, so I enabled Windows firewall. I went into the Windows firewall settings and allowed access to the BlackBerry specific settings and also enabled remote access; RFA is now working perfectly over Wifi and Rogers LTE!
    12-02-13 02:39 PM
    Thanks for the information; I will check the Windows site to see if there any new updates. As for the IPv6, I believe I checked the BlackBerry forum when I was doing my trouble shooting and I read that RFA uses IPv6. My specific issue is that while I can see my laptop in my Z10's file manager, I cannot see the folder that I specified in Link. All that I get in file manger is a blank page.

Posted via my Z10
    This is exactly what I am experiencing. This only started happening two days ago after upgrading to link 1.2. I can see my computer from the selection but when I click on it, the page is blank with no folders. When you minimize the window, you can see capacity storage but open the window and it is blank with no folders.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 01:44 PM
    This is exactly what I am experiencing. This only started happening two days ago after upgrading to link 1.2. I can see my computer from the selection but when I click on it, the page is blank with no folders. When you minimize the window, you can see capacity storage but open the window and it is blank with no folders.

Posted via CB10
    See my note above as I was able to get it working. The issue that I have now is that since I updated Link I am no longer able to sign in to Link.

Posted via my Z10
    Last edited by ital1; 12-13-13 at 01:18 PM.
    12-11-13 03:14 PM
    See my note above as I was able to get it working. The issue that I have now is that since I updated Link I am no longer able to sing in to Link.

Posted via my Z10
    Mine worked perfectly before the updated link software so not a firewall issue from what I can tell. What you are experiencing now is what I am after the upgrade. I can't see the folders

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 05:14 PM
    I can't sign in at all so I am not even able to use RFA. I have been dealing with @blackberryhelp via Twitter but the their suggestions to uninstall Link and do a fresh installation didn't help. I provided feedback and I am waiting for their next steps suggestion.

Posted via my Z10
    12-11-13 05:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    Same here after Link upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 08:53 PM
    Same thing here, was working fine until I upgraded link on my desktop, now it no longer works
    12-12-13 01:55 AM
    Can we change the name of the thread to remove 'Editorial' as otherwise I'd think this is from a Crackberry staff member. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 05:21 AM
    I just noticed that I am having the same issue.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 06:59 AM
    Nm, I had over the option for access over the carrier network turned off. Working now!!

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 07:02 AM
    The only problem I've had with remote access is that, in early versions of Link, the connection with the device would not survive a PC hibernate/wake cycle. Since the latest update that now works properly for me. It was always 100% if I restarted the PC and just left it running, but I don't like to do that.

There are many ways to report bugs or problems: the support forums, the beta zone for consumers; there is a developer issue tracker you can get to by going to https://developer.blackberry.com/bdsc/home.html, mousing over Developer Resources and clicking on Developer Issue Tracker.
    12-12-13 07:21 AM
    Update for those still having issues after upgrading to link 1.2. Try this as it just worked for me assuming you are running Vista

Uninstall Link, then,�On the Start Menu for Vista point to your name, point to Searches and open any one of the�folders there. Once open click Search Tools, click Search Pane.

Click Advanced Search (top right), click Location and choose Everywhere, type BlackBerry in the Search box (top right).

Put a check in the box:.....��� Include non-indexed, hidden, and system files (might be slow)

If Search does not start automatically, click Search

Delete all BlackBerry files found then Install Link again.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 09:12 PM
    Sorry for all the html code but here it is again

Uninstall Link, then,�On the Start Menu for Vista point to your name, point to Searches and open any one of the�folders there. Once open click Search Tools, click Search Pane.

Click Advanced Search (top right), click Location and choose Everywhere, type BlackBerry in the Search box (top right).

Put a check in the box:.....��� Include non-indexed, hidden, and system files (might be slow)

Delete all BlackBerry files found then Install Link again.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 09:13 PM
    The only problem I've had with remote access is that, in early versions of Link, the connection with the device would not survive a PC hibernate/wake cycle. Since the latest update that now works properly for me. It was always 100% if I restarted the PC and just left it running, but I don't like to do that.

There are many ways to report bugs or problems: the support forums, the beta zone for consumers; there is a developer issue tracker you can get to by going to https://developer.blackberry.com/bdsc/home.html, mousing over Developer Resources and clicking on Developer Issue Tracker.
    I'm glad it's working for you.

People are using the Crackberry.com forums for support, i.e. this thread, so I don't understand the point of pointing out other places to report issues when that's why people are here...

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 12:59 PM
    It's solid as if right now. But I have found that it's very easily affected by firewall settings and such.
    But in reality, don't rely on it. I use it as a backup feature.
    12-13-13 01:21 PM
    Same here with my PC.

BlackBerry Z...my weapon of choice.
    Same with my PC. PC needs to be on and active and not in sleep mode for NIC.
    12-13-13 01:23 PM
    For the life of me I still cannot sign in. I have been dealing with BlackBerry help via Twitter but their suggestion did not work. I have never had this issue prior to the most recent update.
    12-13-13 01:26 PM

Bla1ze, do you have any contacts in BB where those of us who are reasonably technically sophisticated could in some way report bugs or walk through the process? I was looking on the support website and I didn't see a centralized way to report errors (and what good would it be to tell them "it was fixed when I restarted my Z10" without a log or something to support it?)

People are using the Crackberry.com forums for support, i.e. this thread, so I don't understand the point of pointing out other places to report issues when that's why people are here...

Posted via CB10
    That's why.
    12-13-13 01:34 PM
    That's why.
    Out of context your post was confusing. I humbly suggest next time quoting the post you are responding to so people don't get confused as to whom you are addressing your response and why. :-)

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 02:31 PM
    For the life of me I still cannot sign in. I have been dealing with BlackBerry help via Twitter but their suggestion did not work. I have never had this issue prior to the most recent update.
    Did you try this? It worked for me

Uninstall Link, then On the Start Menu for Vista point to your name, point to Searches and open any one of the folders there. Once open click Search Tools, click Search Pane.

Put a check in the box, Include non-indexed, hidden, and system files (might be slow)

Delete all BlackBerry files found then Install Link again

Posted via CB10
    ital1 likes this.
    12-18-13 02:39 PM
52 123