There has to be an answer to this, I'm just not finding it.

I'm running the 10.2.0.1047 OS on a Z10. It's been working really well for me, including that a couple of sideloaded apps that didn't work with 10.1 now work just fine.

This morning I sideloaded SideSwype and when I set up the VPN, there was a typo in one of the settings (yes, Operator Error). I cannot figure out what to do to either edit this profile or delete it all together and start over.

I suspect this profile has to be named SideSwype for it to work with SideSwype (that would make sense, right?). I tried to add a new profile named SideSwype to see if it would just overwrite it and instead "Save" button at the bottom was grayed out and remained grayed out, and I couldn't do anything. When I try to connect, it says (rightly so) "DNS failure."

I welcome anyone's thoughts on how either to delete this profile or edit it. Thanks!
    08-13-13 11:07 AM
    Did you copy everything exactly from the app?
    08-13-13 11:56 AM
    Make sure all your security settings for the app are on. Both password and pin are needed. That's the issue I had, I would start from scratch if it wasn't.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 12:19 PM
    I didn't; that's the problem. I can't edit the typo that I accidentally fat-fingered in there. I can see it, but I can't fix it.
    08-13-13 12:42 PM
    I didn't; that's the problem. I can't edit the typo that I accidentally fat-fingered in there. I can see it, but I can't fix it.
    Hold down the vpn, and hit edit from the menu.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 01:52 PM
    Hold down the vpn, and hit edit from the menu.

Posted via CB10
    Yup, that's absolutely the answer. Somehow I stumbled across this just now. (In short, in the "VPN Settings" screen, hold down (don't just tap it) the VPN you would like to edit or delete, and the menu will come up that will give you those options.)

This is my first thread in the forum, although I've been lurking since the days of my 8100 Pearl, and I just so appreciate people's willingness to help,

So now I'm connected to SideSwype, and I can go from here.

Thanks everybody!
    08-13-13 02:09 PM
    Yup, that's absolutely the answer. Somehow I stumbled across this just now. (In short, in the "VPN Settings" screen, hold down (don't just tap it) the VPN you would like to edit or delete, and the menu will come up that will give you those options.)

This is my first thread in the forum, although I've been lurking since the days of my 8100 Pearl, and I just so appreciate people's willingness to help,

So now I'm connected to SideSwype, and I can go from here.

Thanks everybody!
    I'm getting the "DNS Failure" error and I don't see a typo. One oddity to me is that the app vpn settings indicate "email address" under section "e) Authentication ID Type". But then it shows the device pin instead below.
    08-13-13 03:17 PM
    Device pin should there and the next two lines as well

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 03:46 PM
    LillyFox is right. At no point did I have to actually enter my email address. You put your pin in on three lines in a row.

I think if you're getting "DNS Error" there is something wrong with the way you've entered the name of the server. Or at least that's where my typo was.

Good luck!
    08-13-13 09:32 PM